Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
I don't get the love for Hubie Brown. He's horrible - everything he says is obvious and meaningless.

"Ok, look, look right here, he dribbles left and then, see, he goes up and, right here, he shoots the ball, you see, that's how you do it...." Horrible.

Also surprised that there has been no mention of Bob Fitzgerald in the bad announcer discussion. The Warriors have a great geriatric color guy in Jim Barnett who actually teaches you things. Fitzgerald the Fat Hobbit is the play by play guy, and he sucks. Not only is a homer but is the worst kind of homer because he's boring. And whenever the camera cuts to him it looks like he's about to pass out because the collar on his shirt is two inches too small for his fat neck. And you wish he would pass out but sadly he never does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

:perfect:

someone else on this board is as old as poo poo, not just me hooray

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

B2B to Denver is basically impossible. Would be a huge win for GSW tbh

That B2B is ridiculous. You land in Denver at like 4 am, and the Denver airport is like 40 miles from downtown.

Between stuff like that and the massive altitude advantage, it's amazing to me that Denver doesn't go 38-3 at home every year.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

chunkles posted:

James Harden joins George Hill in receiving the Western Conference Player of the Week award

e: Can we talk about how Russell Westbrook is 1 rebound away from averaging a triple double? Can somebody let him stat-pad one rebound a game please?

Russ is a god, but he shot 9-25, 9-26 and 5-16 last week. That's like a .333 shooting percentage. I don't think you get player of the week for that.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

straight up brolic posted:

if anyone is at the C's game I will PayPal you cold hard electronic cash for one. Slide into my dms

And now you will wear Celtics green for the rest of your days.

shameful

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Everyone must now lay claim to your Official NBA Boy

Draymond, that's the fifth note from your teachers just this month. You have to stop acting up in class. You need to turn in your homework. You can't keep kicking the other kids in the jimmy. This behavior has to stop or.....

Aw cmere you know I can't stay mad at you. Yes you can have ice cream.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Americone Dream you heathens

And Phish Food

And who the hell said Blue Bell - that stuff is the definition of mediocre

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Kobe for Vlade might not be quite as completely lopsided (though Vlade only played 2 seasons for the Hornets), but it is probbaly up there

Cmon son.

Future Hall of Famer Robert Parrish AND the draft rights to future Hall of Famer Kevin McHale for a pick used on Joe Barry Carroll. That will never be topped.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Lmao if Durant, Westbrook and Harden end us as the top 3 MVP candidates.

:boggle:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

But Dad, I love Draymond and I always will.

You can't keep us apart. You don't own me.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

AggressivelyStupid posted:

They sure shut down the mighty pacers

The warriors defense was really good tonight. Indiana shot 41 percent and had 13'shots blocked and were run off the 3 point line all night

The pacers got 100 points because of the frenetic pace of the game and because they went 33 of 35 from the free throw line, not because of any bad defense

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I can't believe this happened

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/report-kings-vet-matt-barnes-wanted-by-nypd-for-alleged-nightclub-assault/

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ok Encino Man

:eng99:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

<<< shitposter posts poo poo later than anyone else - then deletes it

rinse and repeat

predicto fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Dec 7, 2016

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

One of his favorite hobbies is to stalk and harass Chandler Parsons when Parsons tries to live broadcast on Instagram/FB.

Parsons tried to do one the other day and Embiid just filled up the chat with: "Are you a virgin?"

god bless the process

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Craig :smith:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

chunkles posted:

the back surgery kinda hosed up his career but it's hard to watch harden/capela run pick and rolls and think the rockets being offensively unwatchable was anything but a result of his insistence on being a big time post scorer.

or Scott Brooks being a truly poo poo-tier coach

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is Mugsy Bogues inch for inch the best player in NBA history? or is that Spud Webb

Tim Hardaway (5'10") or Calvin Murphy (5'9')

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Embiid is rapidly becoming a genuine national treasure

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Kyle no longer chubby Lowry
DeMar you shouldn't be that good according to my analytics Derozen
Lebron GOAT James
Giannis holy crap he just keeps getting better Attenkupopopolis
Joel the reason social media was invented Embiid

James you are so much more fun now that your game isn't just drawing cheap fouls Harden
Steph go ahead and shoot from midcourt why the hell not Curry
Kevin I'm not shook you're shook Durant
Kawhi i'm so bored Leonard
Anthony I will never play for a winner Davis

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Out of curiosity and sadness that the next level of anatomy class is full at school

Go to the class anyway. Talk to the professor after class and ask if you can be added to the class even though it is full. He or she will probably try to blow you off at first, but say that if necessary, you are willing to attend class and do the work until someone else drops out to make room for you. If you are persistent (and polite) the professor is likely to give in. I know several people who have done this at various colleges (including me - but that was a long time ago).

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

When they say Giannis is playing point guard they just mean he is running their offense. He is actually playing the 3 or 4 most of the time.

If it was good enough for Don Nelson and Paul Pressey, it's good enough for Giannis. :colbert:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Even though Westbrook always puts up crazy numbers, has lots of triple doubles, and makes crazy explosive plays, I never considered him as important to his team as other stars

He's incredibly important to OKC. Too important, in fact.

I'm one of those fans that values efficiency. To me right now, Harden is a much better player than Russ. Harden is the best player in the league outside of the ridiculous outlier King Lebron James.

But Russ is everything for OKC, and the only reason that they are 6 games over .500.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Lockback posted:

Rockets have the 4th best record in the league and they'd be a basement dweller without Harden.

Absolutely. Harden is a complete stud. Russ is the most exciting player in the association, but Harden is a better and more valuable player.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Well given that Giannia grew up in Greece it's not entirely surprising that he didn't know who Kidd was unless he was following the NBA from an early age. Hell most of us were just kids when Kidd turned pro.

I watched Kidd play when he was a high school junior in the SF pro am. I was sitting in the second row at old Kezar gym. I was like - who the hell is this kid schooling Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond out there?

I'm old as dirt.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Resident NBA Granddads

Let me tell you about Tom Meschery - now there was a cager if'n there ever was one

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Time posted:

No other league let's a player like Russ use 44% of possessions like that. Even the NFL has to have so much go right around a quarterback that it isn't close to equivalent. The "issue" is that with 5 guys on the court and 100 possessions for the sake of this argument, the best players come out ahead because it increases the sample size by so much more than Barry Bonds getting 5 at bats. Random chance doesn't the make the NFL or MLB a better or worse league, just more random

*Imagines if 2004 Barry Bonds got to take every at-bat for a game*

"Aaaand at the 7th inning stretch it's the Giants 67, the Dodgers 2. We'l be back after this commercial break" :supaburn:

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Whooping Crabs posted:

I loved Bogut during his time in Milwaukee even though he never lived up to his draft position. He bought a couple of rows of season tickets and gave them out for free to fans as long as they would cheer for the team to keep the crowd energy up. He did this like every year he was there.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's because they were all white

No it's because tickets in Milwaukee cost $6 apiece

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

ffs

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

I hate mascots but I do not hate this mascot

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Lockback posted:

I just want to say my prediction here was super bad and dumb and I don't understand the 2017 Houston Rockets at all.

I don't understand the Rockets OR the Raptors. How does either of them win so much?

I thought I understood basketball. I understand the different reasons why other good teams win. The Warriors have great passers on offense and contest every shot on defense, the Cavs have Lebron and all those shooters and rebounders, the Celtics roll you with depth and perimeter defense, if the Grizzlies can force you to play their old school style, they will beat you, etc.

I look at the roster for the Rockets and Raptors and even acknowledging the incredible talents of Harden and Low/rozen I don't see how either works to create a team that good.

edit - I read everyone's subsequent posts explaining the Rockets' success and I still don't see it. Which is why I'm not in an NBA front office I guess.

predicto fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 11, 2017

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Rick posted:

I just don't have the energy to make my "Scottie Pippen is the most overrated player in NBA history" argument right now but it's still what I believe.

what the

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

tanglewood1420 posted:

Who is the worst current NBA player that would be an All-Star if you sent them back in time to 1964? I think someone like Greg Monroe or CJ Miles would be a top five player in the league back then. JJ Barea would probably be an All-NBA guard.

Javale McGee, if sent back to the simpler game of 1964, would be as good as Bill Russell was.

I'm not kidding.

e.f.b.

predicto fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 12, 2017

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Jack's Flow posted:

I'm yelling at all of my friends: Thomas is having a better season than peak Iverson ever had. They don't seem to care though, because triple-doubles.

Much better. Iverson was an inefficient chucker.

Probably the coolest and ballsiest chucker ever, but still...

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

I feel like the answer to that question is probably the same as just asking "Who is the worst current NBA player?"

Nah, just worst current big man.

Everyone who handles the ball nowadays would have been called for travelling 30 times a game. Trying a Eurostep would get you thrown out of the game for insubordination.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

chunkles posted:

Shane Battier used to not do end of quarter heaves because it would affect his FG%

Granted Shane Battier is loving Shane Battier.

Tons of guys do that. They just hide it better, by taking an extra dribble so they get the heave off jusssssst after the buzzer.

Curry may be the only one who legitimately does not give a drat. Seems like he takes about 5 times as many of those hail mary shots as anyone else.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol Cuban is such a loving turd.

on the other hand Scott Foster and Tony Brothers

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Spacebump posted:

Agreed. It's got to suck to support a team with an evil owner.

You have no goddamn idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Lockback posted:

Lebron may be the GOAT of trolling.

https://streamable.com/g7tdt

that is Larry Bird-esque

• Locked thread