Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

As another new season dawns, it is time to dust off this classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOdsKyv2KzU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Anthony Randolph jumped over a man in Spain

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/yrzj.mp4?token=1478612914_49ff85e8e1f3c3cf2d16c85e030797ca1d733950

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

When will whoever it was that ran the preseason survey (sorry, can't remember which wonderful poster it was) release the results?

ZogoBot usually releases it a month or so after it closes I think?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Also this, even though they lost the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fD1MNjkPFs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EvanTH posted:

https://theringer.com/lebron-is-still-painting-his-masterpiece-bdad85037eb0

I could sorta agree that The Block is kind of his first really truly Iconic single moment. Something that'll get replayed for decades. Ray Allen's shot was the biggest moment from his previous finals wins

Depends on your qualifiers, he has several iconic moments that have gotten replayed endlessly for the last few years, they're just not from a game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tanglewood1420 posted:

Anyone else feel like all the insatiable Towns hype means Anthony Davis is being hugely overlooked? Sure KAT put up one of the best ever rookie seasons, but Davis' 14/15 regular season was HOF caliber - not just awesome for a young guy, but awesome for anyone, ever. If he stays healthy for 70+ plus games (lol) then surely the Pelicans will be at least the eight seed. It's just really hard to lose a lot of games when you have one of the best seven or eight guys in the league starting for you, regardless of how garbage the surrounding cast is. Look at how Houston were a total shitshow last year but still won 41 games and took the eight seed purely because they have Harden.

You answered your own question

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bush Did Outer Heaven posted:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/790568826802929664

the Pistons' confrontationally bland #DetroitBasketball almost loops around into being good

I'd imagine it's a riff on when the PA guy goes DEEEEEEE-TROIT BA-SKET-BAAAAAL when the other team turns it over

Philly's should have been #TrustTheProcess

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:munch:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dale Ouise posted:

Games should be decided by a dunking contest if it's still tied after 5 minutes of OT.

I'm all in on this idea

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WhyteRyce posted:

All lurkers and new NBA fans should jump on the Kings bandwagon I got spots saved for you

This gives me the mental image getting onto an empty broken down bus that hasn't been cleaned in weeks and seeing a creepy old dude smile at me with crooked yellow teeth and patting the seat next to him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

They struggled against big big teams last year too, the lost to the Pistons, they lost to the Nuggets, I think they lost to the Wolves.

They didn't just lose to the Wolves, they blew a 17 point lead with 18 minutes to go at home.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Important Andrew Wiggins Hair Update (he's on the right)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

parthenocarpy posted:

hell yeah

bball time

go The Wolves

:yeah:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

I'd rather watch Rubio. It depends on the rest of the roster makeup, but Conley probably fits into most other lineups a lot better than Rubio. In this theory world I can probably put together a 4 man lineup that I'd rather have Rubio driving, though.

This coming from someone who is a huge Rubio fan.

Yeah this

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ratzinc posted:

I wonder if Matthews and Barnes will shoot higher than 40% tonight...is there still room on the Wolves bandwagon?

You have to pass the one question entry exam:

Does Ricky Rubio's poor shooting prevent him from being a top ten Point Guard? Why or why not?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ratzinc posted:

No, since he doesn't shoot a ton, so it's not that big an issue. He makes the offense work compared to when he's off the floor.

How'd I do?

Pretty good, but you should remember his defensive disruptiveness as well. Welcome aboard!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zelah posted:

Who are you if he is not one of your top 3 people in basketball?

A massive homer.

He's #2 among non-wolves though (to 'Bron)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

not the gameday thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

I could make a mint if I had a shirt printing company with all the demands that SAS and TFF have for shirts.

you'd actually lose a lot of money because nobody will actually buy the shirts once you print them

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

chunkles posted:

There is one guy who makes a lot of the "trust the process" shirts and other weird internet sports memes and I've often wondered how much money he makes

He had a pretty decent following on twitter for the excellent "did the sixers lose?" account though, so I feel like it's a bit different.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a new study bible! posted:

It doesn't take a tech genius to figure out that if you are lovely for years and years then you get to draft* better players

*but dont draft any guards for the love of god and also trade your decent guard too

Yeah but they got Noel + another first in that trade and a lot of people thought he was going to be really good and the first ended up being pretty high too I think?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papercut posted:

This is news to no one, but Evan Turner is loving trash.

That signing is the primary reason I picked them to miss the playoffs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Don't click on this. Had to restart my phone.

the website is called hngn because that's the noise your processor makes before it dies

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Panzeh posted:

People give teams like the Rockets and Mavs poo poo for just reloading with vets year after year but at least those teams go somewhere and a Mavs team built like that did win the finals.

That's because the Rockets and Mavs have their Superstar

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This was just decent until the end then it was amazing

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

this was not the gameday thread

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Oct 30, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Meanwhile the Timberwolves are far apart in their extension discussions with Dieng and Shabazz, shocking nobody.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:wow:

Hello police? Yes I would like to report a robbery in downtown Minneapolis thank you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gorgui Dieng has the same AAV after this year as Mozgov :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

guess Dunn's gonna be put on the fast track. Ganbare IcePhoenix

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sharparoni posted:

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Can someone explain why we are seeing all these contract extensions this week? It seems like all of September and October there were no signings of any kind, then yesterday there were like 8 big extensions.

The deadline to extend players on the last year of their rookie deal was last night. Anyone who wasn't signed to an extension by last night will be a restricted (if the team offers them a qualifying offer) or unrestricted free agent at the end of the year.

e: You can also sign them to an extension between the end of the season and the start of free agency I think.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

WoW, Butler and Rondo have ascended past that designation.

Why is Wade's nickname "World of Warcraft"?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

boxcarhobo posted:

Yeah, but after ST came Alpha 1

Bulls already on Alpha 3, shut the league down

OTOH Alpha 1 Cowboy was the best Mystery Mine Ride ever and the sequel wasn't very good so it stands to reason that Alpha 3 would be another step down.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When do we get another uncle drew

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Declan MacManus posted:

Every basketball prospect is like a flower waiting to blossom, imo

A corpse flower bloomed here around the time of the draft I think, maybe that was heralding the arrival of Kris Dunn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MourningView posted:

how are you already this mad about kris dunn after like 3 games

I've been mad about Dunn for like five months

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Does anyone know if Paul Pierce got fined for sitting in costume on the bench last night

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Metapod posted:

Why would he get fined? He wasn't an active player

I'm used to the NFL, but I know the NBA has been lax on that stuff because they like fun and so I'm hoping they filed it under that since he didn't really do anything disruptive.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shouldn't that be a Cleveland jersey though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Every time announcer chat comes up I just thank my lucky stars that not only is the current Wolves TV broadcast team one of (if not) the best in the league but that in general they've had pretty good ones for my entire fandom.

• Locked thread