Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Why is the Pacers not #BoomBaby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Metapod posted:

They are never coming back

A reminder this sad loving sack is still around:

https://twitter.com/BringBackSonics/status/749997873723432961

and should be reminded every so often his team is gone.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Does TNT stream games on their Watch TNT website deal?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Is there an Over/Under number till Fred Hoiberg quits/is fired?

Then can I add to that Bet that Wade becomes Player/Coach?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Please Eat A Vegetable posted:

I won't say 'good' but meet me at 'adequate' and that's a lie I'll spread and believe.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
If Harden doesnt wear the short-shorts tonight, I hope the Lakers crush the Rockets

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hello thread, I am here to sing the praises of Myles Turner.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Rick posted:

Welcome back to basketball SemiBadAss.

My big overreaction for the day is that the Pacers will play watchable basketball this year.

Whoa whoa whoa

Believe it or not the Pacers were watchable last year. Myles Turner was just as fun to watch, and Paul George is PG.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spacebump posted:

Last night, it looked like Bogut messed up his right wrist. He only played a couple minutes after that

Bogut sure loves his loving illegal screens. He was a beast on every screen he set and the refs were letting it fly so more power to him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

NBA is in a good place right now. I know MONEY is the reason they aren't expanding, but I'm glad it's staying the course right now.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Atheistdeals.com posted:

Holy poo poo League Pass is terrible, who willingly pays for this garbage.

Mine doesn't seem to be bad? Nice stream, easy to use.

Are the illegal ones way better?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Piper posted:

might be the wrong thread for this but does anyone know if NBA Leaguepass allows for concurrent log-ins? Looking to split the cost with a friend. We're in the same time zone and both root for east coast teams so we'll definitely be watching at the same time some nights.

Everything I've read said no. There is a free trial right now, load a free trial account at the same time and see what it tells you.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Tae posted:

I said the Pacers downgraded from last season, and I was one of the first Jeff Teague supporters

Both Teague AND Monta had off nights, that didnt help. Pacers offense is built on transition, Bulls were drilling tough shots early. The bench has no idea what it is at the moment (A continuation from last year) and they dug a huge hole early. And lastly, Pacers had early season legs on a back-to-back vs fresh Bulls team.

Pacers will be fine

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
NBA Players you should have been watching week 1:

1. Russel Westbrook 38.7pts 12.3reb 11.7ast 3 games.
2. Anthony Davis: 37.7pts 12.7reb Too bad about the rest of his team though
3. Kawhi Leonard: He is a basketball playing murder machine
4. The 3-Alphas: Actually fun to watch in a non-destroying each other way. This wont last so enjoy while you can.
5. Myles Turner: Because it's my list.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spacebump posted:

Whenever this gets posted, someone should always mention this was deep into the smart phone era.

zach randolph gets caught with a trap phone then has to pretend the rest of his life he uses a flip phone as his main

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Pretty sure you're required to wear a suit in that case.

Pimp Suit.

Lawyered

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Somewhere in the world a man sits down, and says "I wish I was an NBA player...even just for one play" and his monkey paw closes another finger.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
At least if they ever make the playoffs, "The Process of Elimination" headline is already good to go

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Smellyhead posted:

We had Teague vs George HIll talk just before the season began. I was so wrong in thinking that Teague was an adequate replacement. George Hill has been playing fantastic for the jazz.
#takenote

Pacers style of play held George Hill back on offense. It's better he's gone so he can go kick rear end. Teague is a fine replacement, he is still recovering from a torn patellar tendon. I think he'll be fine.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

euphronius posted:

gently caress this

He seems to enjoy being there, but they got a gently caress-ton of work to do to keep good players rather then poo poo it up and hope they find players. Ben Simmons being worth a poo poo will go a long way towards keeping him.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I much prefer watching homer announcers. They might be bias on calls and such, but they know the team well and can see if something is off with someone. I cant stand national guys who just have to read stats they researched before. They do a good job of it, but it's so mechanical. Homer guys are worth hearing their opinions on how the team is running and better for watching random games during the year.

The Pacers crew arnt huge biased, but Quinn Buckner is that coach that yells from the sideline at everything. "Off left." "Pass to the corner there!" "Oh, that's a foul, he fouled him ref!" "Saw that was short as soon as it left his hand."

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Westbrook is dropping 60 points tonight right?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
N: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/795071585317048320

V: Pacer fans deserve to be hit in the face with a kicked ball, they never cheer, they never stand, they sometimes politely clap.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Libertine posted:

Why are the Pacers so bad? I kind of expected them to be Top 4/5 in the East; however, they have a pretty poo poo record and point differential. Their schedule so far hasn't been insanely difficult either so.

I haven't seen them play yet this season, I'm genuinely curious what the deal is.

They cant play Half Court basketball on either side of the court. If the game is entirely transition, and they get going, they will win everytime. They play defense fantastic for the first 6 seconds of a shot clock then are done. If they let a team set up at all, that team is going to score. And if a team stops the transition, the Pacers have no idea what to do out of the half court other then give it to PG...which I mean works a lot, but not every time.

The bench is also horrid. Once the starters come out, the Bench is unable to get anything going. CJ Miles and Al Jefferson are fine, but nobody can get them the ball to get them going. McMillan has to start staggering starters minutes in with the bench. Last night they looked ok when PG was with the bench for a while.

If teams are missing shots, the Pacers get out and run and look fine. When a team gets hot, it's loving over, and the Hornets were hot last night. They have no way of matching a team that isnt turning the ball over or missing shots.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 8, 2016

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dejan Bimble posted:

What confuses me is why were people picking them to finish 4th in the east in the preseason. They swappwed a guy wh o fits really well next to Monta for a guy who doesn't, they signed like a median quality pf who doesn't shoot threes (while promising to speed up the pace and space it out) and signed big Al for the bench. That was it. They also got rid of a demonstrably good coach for a demonstrably okay coach.

Paul George is great, Myles Turner could be a special player but then...?

A lot of this:

Lockback posted:

I think mostly once you get past Cleveland, Toronto and Boston the east becomes kind of a mess, so throw a dart.

But also George Hill was gimped as gently caress on this squad. His strengths were really impeded on offense by the system. Defense side is a huge loss without Hill, but Teague is a better fit for the offense. Thad is fine and does space the floor. He's scrappy as gently caress on rebounds. I like what he brings over Ian and Al Jefferson has been great off the bench and is one of 2 people on the team who seem to give a gently caress out there and play like it.

The preseason poll idea was they improved their offense by a ton and defense dropped but not by a lot. Which didn't turn out great so far...still early.

In the end, Larry's hope was bring McMillan in, pump up the offense (Yeah I dont know how McMillan does that), and hope Pacers defense of the past few years was more on Dan Burke then Vogel, but that doesnt seem to be true.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Also Nate McMillan puts his pin on the wrong side of his jacket. That just kills team chemistry.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
What's the record for a team firing a new coach, cause if the Pacers get run out of the building at home by the 6ers....

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

euphronius posted:

Embiid isn't playing

I know :ohdear:

The Pacers are in a bad place right now.

I really wanted to watch Embiid too. He's playing on Friday right?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Here is some sweet dunks

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/796219402035269632

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/796210890009956352

and a block

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/796204197100273668

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Get outta here

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/796538894305017856

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Is there a way to watch archived NBA League Pass games without getting spoiled trying to start the game

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Nobody watches the Pacers, but you gotta check out a Paul George super cut or something. He has the silkiest loving shot. It is a thing of beauty. Just art.

Some team is going to really like him when his FA comes up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Athanatos' Week 3 People you should be watching:

1. Jimmy Butler - He is the top Alpha of the 3 Alpha's right now. He is alphaing all over the court
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo - He aint even got a fuckin jumpshot and he's dominating entire teams at 21 Years Old.
3. Gordon Hayward - He's been back 5 games. All 5 he's had 20 point games. He's also been a bit cold from 3 so....
4. The Lakers Bench - Luke Walton is a loving wizard
5. DeMar DeRozan - There are like a million stats that show him off to something loving crazy, but just watching him play is magic at the moment.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Larry Bird letting Vogel go was a stupid rear end move. But still, how are the Pacers so bad this year? Was George Hill that important?

euphronius posted:

Him and mahinmi could play defense yeah

It's this.

Larry wanted buckets and got them, Pacers scoring 108 a game.

and giving up 112.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/798335339798507520

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'm legit excited to watch Devin Booker kill the Pacers tonight. He's fun as hell to watch.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
The Pacers are bad and I am sad.

The good news is the rest of the league is really fun to watch.

AND

Paul George and CJ Miles are out tonight. This is going to be the Russel Westbrook dropping 50 points then not playing the 2nd half show.

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Nov 20, 2016

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

attackmole posted:

Shoutout to the Brooklyn - Raptors playoff game three years ago where on court shot clots malfunctioned so they literally had a guy mic'd up in the stadium to count 10..9.....8.... on the PA in sync with some dude holding a stopwatch every single play.

That also happened this year during a Pacers game.

The 1st two weeks of the season the new Tissot clocks were hosed. I probably watched 15 games and at least 7 of them had some sort of clock issue. They seem to have gotten things working better. Maybe, like someone else said, it was an issue learning how to use new equipment. Wasn't a good start for Tissots new huge partnership.

Rick posted:

30. Pacers - I don't care what a team's record is if they lose Sixers one week and then the Suns the next. They have the least amount of power in the league.

This is hard to argue with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

zelah posted:

Posted. Correct Call.

quote:

The on-court referees noticed a clock malfunction on the inbounds play and correctly triggered an instant replay. After communicating with the Replay Center, it was determined that the clock should have started when Cousins (SAC) tips the ball and run to 0:00.00 before Ross’ (TOR) shot was released.

Nothing else specific. Time ran out, gg

• Locked thread