Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

What type of norns?

According to Reddit, 1200 each of universal and chaos LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

I wasted about 800 energy using clear tickets to get the rest of the 200 Blast Norns I needed for Epic Quest. If I knew what was coming later...

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I've come to accept that I won't be maxing out Strange so quickly.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

FireWorksWell posted:

I wasted about 800 energy using clear tickets to get the rest of the 200 Blast Norns I needed for Epic Quest. If I knew what was coming later...

Oh god why didn't you CO-OP? I had about 2K of each before doing the quest yesterday and most of my characters are maxed mastery.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yeah just never spend gold or rank anyone up and you'll have tons of stuff.

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

punchymcpunch posted:

False, never spend gold and still be gold poor.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
I forgot to update last night and have no wifi at work. :negative:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So I could use this 5* rank up ticket on Elsa to cut my work short and get her set up for a faster 6*, or I could save it to shortcut a Strange quest. Tough decisions ITT. I bought a Stark Chest thingie just so I'd have enough crystals to maybe T2 Gwenpool fast too, but now I might have to look into these strange characters. The powergamer on a budget life is a tough one.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

So how long until the biggest whales get Dick Strange up and going so I see nothing but Thanos/Sharon/Strange teams in TL?

fart simpson posted:

My level 35 Doctor Strange just cleared a level 60 daily mission without even taking a hit.

All hail Doctor Briarpatch Cumberband.

I'm at 610 Merits because instead of hitting play for the third level, I walked away from the game long enough for the daily reset. I also got that far because I bought all the Merits from the store.

punchymcpunch posted:

This is true because I'm sitting at around 28 mill because I was hoarding to throw all my resources at Thanos but with the AB nerf, I think I'm just going to settle for Corvus or Dwarf. Or go full blown comedy option and say gently caress it all and start building up more normies.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
drat girl I'mma call you Extreme Alliance Battle cause I don't understand you at all and also you've got an annoying cat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

porkinson posted:

How did you do it? Did I miss some days? Don't scare me like that.

You can have 630 today if you bought all the tokens with gold from the shop.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

deimos posted:

Oh god why didn't you CO-OP? I had about 2K of each before doing the quest yesterday and most of my characters are maxed mastery.

My shame level isn't high enough to get Norns from Co-op.

Speaking of the event, is anyone else considering just getting three 5^ rank up tickets instead of the T2, just so it'll make getting Dr. Strange a little easier?

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Just a heads up, I'm on iOS and my Memory Missions daily count didn't reset until I force quit & restarted.

The fact that that induced mild panic is an indication of my love and fervor for this glorious update

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Found this useful spreadsheet of Vincent's epic quest steps.

Does anyone know how Dark Dimensions work? Wondering if the Santana and Hellstrom steps are worth ticketing through?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing they're the same as the memory missions.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Except they cost 20dd instead of energon

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
So I have two T2 tickets right now, and 2 more coming over the next two weeks and I am wondering who I want to use them on. Right now one is going to Carnage for sure once he is maxed out. I figure at least one will go to one of the new characters, maybe two of them.

My options for T2 ready characters right now are:
Groot
Songbird
Silk
Yellowjacket

I have 1* Moondude and ~300 bios for him so I could megarank him but kinda want to save it for one of the new unfarmables. I could also do someone completely different.

My current T2s are:
Sharon Rogers
Hype Ron
Iron Fist
Elsa
Prox

EDIT: Mostly concerned about getting a better roster for Shadowlands.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 26, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
T2 Yellowjacket is really good, definitely go with him first.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

RatHat posted:

T2 Yellowjacket is really good, definitely go with him first.

Agreed. I haven't T2'd him yet because I'm still waiting to see how these new characters shake out but YJ's 6 star skill is so much damage at T1, it's gotta be insane at T2.

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

Chaos norns is just so brutal. The 10 rank 3 BAM and 4 rank 6 BAM is a kick in the privates too for me since I just save up enough to send Proxima to 6*.

RatHat posted:

- Mordo's costume makes him significantly worse.

Of course, gotta keep the speed status quo of being the worst.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 26, 2016

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
i have 100 chaos norns in arm's reach but it is locked behind 3 fuckin physical reflect fights

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

PaybackJack posted:

Of course, gotta keep the speed status quo of being the worst.

Eh, I think we'll see about that. How quickly a character speeds through the final story mission on autoplay isn't the only metric anymore. It might be true, but it's ignoring that he winds up immune to energy damage 1/6th of the time and has 10% stat boost. So it might be a trade off of DPS for being survivable. Plus it gives him type advantage of Sharon.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

He's also incredibly versatile for Shadowland, since he can do hero or villain stages and blast or speed stages.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Loki T2 on the horizon? Maybe a Sif costume?

quote:

Marvel.com: We’re all amped to pick up and play the new content in this update, but can you tease any of what's coming down the road?

Cho Doohyun: “Marvel Future Fight” has so much more content to introduce to you, including more amazing characters and stories from the Marvel Universe. Next time, we’ll see you in Asgard, the home of gods!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My 480 pound waifu Angela

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Been waiting on a Thor T2 forever.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Angela, Thor and Jane could all use an upgrade, poor Sif is pretty hopeless though. I wonder if Angela will get a different a slightly different T2 skill for her costumes like Goblin did.

I'd guess that a Loki upgrade would be something like a barrier penetration proc, and also maybe adding a freezing effect to his clone damage similar to what he has in the Villain Siege.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Maybe they'll double the amount of clones

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Well my T2 Sharon (and the rest of my team) just got rolled by a level 45 Strange in Timeline.

Funny thing is I'm not even mad about this level of power creep. It just gives me another option for WB, Shadowlands and AB. Bring on the insane power levels.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Good doctor

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

fart simpson posted:

Maybe they'll double the amount of clones

Clones have a chance of using any of Loki's moves.

Including summoning more clones.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Yesssss, make Angela good again netmarbu!!!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Here's what bonuses the new characters give in WB:

Baron Mordo: 10% damage decrease to Supervillains
Mordo with uniform: 6% Attack speed
Wong: 6% Crit, 10% Crit dmg
Kaecilius: 6% Attack speed
Ancient One: 10% damage increase to Supervillains
Satana: 20% Fire resist, 10% Fire damage
Hellstorm: 20% Fire resist, 10% Fire damage
Clea: 6% Movement speed

Wong, Ancient One and Hellstorm are on Attack, rest are On hit. Overall not that great.

EDIT: By the way, Baron Mordo and Kaecilius are the only Supervillains among the new characters. All the others(including Mordo with uniform) are Heroes.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
The pathing in Road to the Monastery is total garbage. Proxima constantly gets hitched on invisible walls.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

RatHat posted:

Here's what bonuses the new characters give in WB:

Baron Mordo: 10% damage decrease to Supervillains
Mordo with uniform: 6% Attack speed
Wong: 6% Crit, 10% Crit dmg
Kaecilius: 6% Attack speed
Ancient One: 10% damage increase to Supervillains
Satana: 20% Fire resist, 10% Fire damage
Hellstorm: 20% Fire resist, 10% Fire damage
Clea: 6% Movement speed

Wong, Ancient One and Hellstorm are on Attack, rest are On hit. Overall not that great.

EDIT: By the way, Baron Mordo and Kaecilius are the only Supervillains among the new characters. All the others(including Mordo with uniform) are Heroes.

What about The Doctor?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm sure a few super whales have him at 6* already but none have said what his WB bonus is.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Was debating between saving for Mr Strange or getting one of the BO, and then I tested him out in preview. That settled that, his moves look AMAZING and seem to have everything you could want. Not sure what his damage will be like, but he has tons of iframes, healing with costume, almost every move has some kind of CC and a damage immune to top it all off.

I have the norns to do all of the research, but getting all of the characters required to 5^ will be tough.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Don't forget the Black Order all just got pretty massive buffs.

Thanos now has a buff stripping 2sec Invulnerability on a 6sec base cooldown. Proxima got skill changes to her less useful abilities and a 30% chance to ignore Invulnerability/Shields/Barriers. Corvus got a 25% dodge increase, big buffs to his summons and 15% extra skill/10% extra bonus damage. Supergiant got a similarly big buff to her Black Bolt summon and the same 25% dodge increase.

kertap
Mar 13, 2010

BGrifter posted:

The pathing in Road to the Monastery is total garbage. Proxima constantly gets hitched on invisible walls.

I think its because her attacks are all ranged. I changed to Sharon and didn't have any more problems

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

The real question I have about all the new characters is: which ones are powerful enough to solo a Shadowland relay, or at least carry you most of the way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

PaybackJack posted:

The real question I have about all the new characters is: which ones are powerful enough to solo a Shadowland relay, or at least carry you most of the way through.

Yah

• Locked thread