Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I hope this hasn't turned into some kind of pixel hunt/find the shiny. Maybe you just need to kill everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pedrovay2003 posted:

Part 3 is up now! There are a lot of people who just suck in this town. What did we ever do to them?

:allears:

:allears::allears::allears:

Heh.

God this game really refuses to let you go do something. Though clearly the solution to not being able to get a map is to kill everyone.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That was certainly one way to game over in a game containing zombies and ghosts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The mystery of what may or may not be lurking in the woods was somewhat lessened by the giant green hand dragging Doc to her doom.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I wonder now that you got that package from Spookhouse back in town maybe your basic ammo and health supplies will be refilled after every story event? There doesn't seem to be nearly enough stuff in the game... unless the game is almost over with this Coffin Rock thing :v:

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Zeniel posted:

That forest is more populated than Burkitsville.

What exactly does that Spook-o-meter thing do anyway? It just seems to go off randomly half of the time and the other half it just tells you what you already knew. Unless that forest is highly radioactive of course.

It means there's a "ghost" type enemy nearby I believe. Zombies and stick monsters you can see just fine.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I have to say that "stay behind the AI" in a chase sequence is completely counter-intuitive to anyone who has played a video game with the same kind of situation before. At least when it's not a chase sequence like Star Fox 64 or something, where the AI is designed to always be ahead.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Call me crazy but if the first game was a low budget Resident Evil with move-while-shooting I'm getting a bit of a proto-Resident Evil 4 vibe from this one. There's even a guy in a Napoleon outfit! The puzzles have been replaced with figuring out where to go while you shoot things, which drop a healthy supply of ammo and health, between point A and point B. Then you grab the next MacGuffin at B and move onto point C.

Really I think the key difference so far between 1/3 and 2 is that 2 tried to do some serious drama and that's not entirely possible when you're making a 4 hour, at best, game, in this engine, where most of those 4 hours are shooting things in the woods. That's not to say that 1/3 are goofy as gently caress but 1 has got zombie-hunting government agents with ghost detectors and 3 has deep-throated witch hunters with crosses that set zombies on fire. 2 has a possibly PTSD stricken soldier with amnesia.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That priest's motto seems to be "The only moral witchcraft is my witchcraft."

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

D_W posted:

Soooo there never was that one scene from the first game where the protagonists from 1 and 3 meet up but from the other side. That's disappointing. But it's not like there was any connection anyway.

I wonder what would have happened if this series was done with more of a budget and all by one team over a couple of years.

With how fleeting the actual popularity of Blair Witch actually was probably met with questions of "What's a blair witch?" :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

pedrovay2003 posted:

I guess I can see that, yeah. Even on Professional, though, I didn't use it much; I mainly did single shots to enemies' legs and meleed then to death to save ammo. (Unless we're talking about the Wii version, where potentially everything could be a headshot.)

You do basically that but try to knock down multiple zombies with the spin kick then get multiple hits with a single knife swing while they're on the ground.

SirDifferential posted:

I like the original ending more: the fact that the town people were right in the first place and the evil witch they locked up was, in fact, an evil witch.

That final boss was intense.

Well she is still a witch, just not a truly evil one. In the town's eyes though being a witch would be enough to be evil so technically they're correct from their point of view!

• Locked thread