Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Just a few minutes in. OH MAN these cloth physics. I'm in love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

pedrovay2003 posted:

THAT WAS IT! Holy crap, I can finally sleep tonight! Now, was that some kind of free sound effect, or did someone just outright take it?

A lot of sound effects come from royalty free libraries. So that's probably where it came from.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

This game is pretty good.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I really appreciate the cat's commentary.

I think the Hec'ai-whatever's form was pretty cool to be honest. A weird black fog with stick tentacle is way more interesting than some large monster.

This game would have probably been much better if it had even less combat and was more of an adventure game.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

It was a different time in the 1860's. The country was at war. People hadn't yet understood the tell-tale signs of zombism yet.

Also I hope this series just keeps going back in time and never explains anything.

Also 2, Copper is a cutie.

D_W fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 7, 2016

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

So I just finished watching the end of the 2nd game and uhhh... Oh boy. It's just a fever dream of "We gotta make this and get it out FAST" huh?

EDIT: I kind of hope this 3rd game just ends once you get to coffin rock.

D_W fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 28, 2016

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

The mechanical differences in these games is kind of fascinating. This one has MP and seems like its trying to be more of an action game. There must have been so little cross conversation between teams.

I wonder if we're going to see that encounter between Doc and Witch-Hunter, but from Witch-Hunter Guy's perceptive.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

This game definitely at one point had more areas planned that had to be cut, right?

I do love that we're Mega Man'ing these Native spirits though.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Soooo there never was that one scene from the first game where the protagonists from 1 and 3 meet up but from the other side. That's disappointing. But it's not like there was any connection anyway.

I wonder what would have happened if this series was done with more of a budget and all by one team over a couple of years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

I just realized the hanged lady is literally never mentioned or explained and is just there...

• Locked thread