Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I played a demo for one of these like 15 years ago, this is gonna be awesome! Legit excited :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I don't remember anything about nocturne (vaguely recall good reviews, though?) but the "slap a Blair witch on it and call it canon" plan seems pretty smart if the original game was about an agency that hunted super natural entities; Blair witch fans get what they want (more lore on the Blair witch), nocturne fans get to see their series continued, and the trendy ip gets more games sold/exposure.

I'm really enjoying the pre-rendered environments, and Holiday's perpetual butt twitch and weird face are great.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
It's the post-thanksgiving, Rustin Parr, naked guy, dog and stick man parade! Traditional and festive!

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
So, grandma weaver sounds suuuuuper familiar, but I wasn't able to find cast credits for the game. Maybe it's just generic old lady voice, but she sounds like Lady Alvane, from the very beginning of The Longest Journey.

Alvane was voiced by Bab Christensen, a Norwegian actress; human head studios is based out of Madison, WI, so I'm guessing it's not the same actress, but I'm hoping you guys leave the credits in because I really want to check.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
I was surprised to see their logo (I remember it from the 90s, but nothing recent), and Google's sidebar just said "Madison, WI"-I didn't delve any further bc i just wanted to verify they're not Europe based (and thus unlikely to hire a Norwegian voice actress).

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

decoration he left in that condo was so godawful
Oh do show/tell

I've been to Madison a few times, nice place, doesn't scream game dev, though; more artisanal cheeses + college town.

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
That description is even more perfect than I was expecting.

Let's see if it translates into the game at all!

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
Wait, if bleeding boy was already feeding whatever darkness was at coffin rock, why did it need robin? Is the house less a house and more a representation of a dimension? I wish I even cared enough to keep asking questions-looking forward to part 3!

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
The front bump on the jail witch is because none of the women have legs, just dresses, they all just sort of hover around. Can't wait to see all the ways that'll go wrong, given the feisty fabric physics.

Also, LeftistMuslimObama, let us know when the guy who sold you your condo's wanted poster shows up :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theokotos
Jan 22, 2015

Fallen Rib
The art direction in 3 seems really disjointed; 1 wasn't graphically amazing, but everything looked nice and thematically cohesive (I've always loved the late '90s pre-rendered background with polygonal characters look).

Here, in 3, I didn't realize the ugly loading screen character art of burly goatee man was supposed to be our lanky, bowlegged hero until the 3rd video. It's not like I have high expectations or anything, but for whatever reason 3's visuals are really grinding on my nerves.

• Locked thread