Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I wonder if they're all puns, or if it's just the never-give-in twana and the tell-us-more twana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I like that this game has both good parts and really lovely ones at the same time, and look forward to seeing how each game in the series does less of the former and more of the latter.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
It could have been more in line with the original movie then.

Actually, I shudder when I think of how a Blair Witch game would be like if it tried to stay true to the movie. I guess it would play like the thousands of lovely Slenderman/SCP/whatever "atmospheric" indie horror games

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yeah, as I've understood it three dev teams were given three different parts of Blair Witch lore to explore.

I don't even remember there being that much lore in the movie.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Night10194 posted:

I admit, after this game I would not have minded more 'Spookhouse Investigates Horror Backstories' stuff.

That could have been a really cool concept, mixing IPs like a modern take on Alan Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but I'm afraid getting the spookhouse property would be the easy part.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I know this game was made by a different company in a different engine and all, but at least the clothes physics engine is the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

pedrovay2003 posted:

I do think that there should have been at least SOME collaboration amongst them all.

To their credit, at least there seems to be some continuity in the lore, at least more than I expected. There were some reused assets like the house and the enemy types ghost, stickman and dog, and I think some of the events in the second game were referred to in the first. The Schnellgeist/Snallygaster (mentioned in the first game, fought in the second) is supposedly a real life myth that people used to fear around the regions of Maryland where Blair Witch is set. This probably means there was at least some communication between the teams, even if they coulnd't agree on what magical property the Twana has.

• Locked thread