Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Martytoof posted:

You know honestly, I hate the Bruins but I liked it better when they were big and scary and not sucky and we still beat up on them.

This is like punching an ugly, hate filled child. You kind of feel okay about it, but in the end it's still beating up a kid.

I don't know about you, but I am guiltlessly feeling good about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Bruins just pulled their goalie.

There's five minutes left.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Zodijackylite posted:

Bruins just pulled their goalie.

There's five minutes left.

Maybe that's what I could use this for in the future:

e: oh it was just a temporary PP goalie pull

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hank doin werk

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
i used to love late games. now i just want to sleep and there's 19 minutes left in the 1st period.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Go Rangers

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
just... just pretend I posed hot chocolate; high velocity here :effort:

Grimby
Sep 12, 2002
So, Bruins uh yeah. This could be a long season.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
i just expect bad things when matt carle is on the ice

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Learn trispace and never have to think about math again!
DA NUUUUUGEEEE :siren:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The oilers seem to practice absolute chaos.

Also, talbot is good.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

nashville predators: maybe bad, probably not. pretty bad right now though.

mindofme
May 19, 2003

how's it feel to be scored on twice by benoit pouliot?

e: lmao hand on the puck penalty

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TJ Oshie is dirty as gently caress. how the hell did they give Talbot a penalty for that

mindofme
May 19, 2003

Powershift posted:

TJ Oshie is dirty as gently caress. how the hell did they give Talbot a penalty for that

Eh, it was well after the whistle and oshie wasn't attacking him anymore. It would be different if Talbot had immediately decked Oshie (nm the fact that talbot couldn't move)

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
OVECHKIN!!!!!!!!

That's more like it!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
i turn the game on and ovie scores

of course

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Just tuned in after the WS game. WTF are you doing Caps?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
mcdavid is so dreamy :allears:

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

fits posted:

i turn the game on and ovie scores

of course

It's not ruined yet.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why has no defender on earth figured out you can't check McDavid closely off the rush? He blows by 3 or 4 guys a game because they seem to think they can match him stride for stride while going backwards. Step back and force him to shoot, it's the weakest aspect to his game.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

ThinkTank posted:

Why has no defender on earth figured out you can't check McDavid closely off the rush? He blows by 3 or 4 guys a game because they seem to think they can match him stride for stride while going backwards. Step back and force him to shoot, it's the weakest aspect to his game.

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status/791483783815979009

:shrug:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
oilers with a competent power play :eyepop:

now ive seen it all

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Having just tuned in on radio, are the Oilers actually Back or are the Caps laying a big ol turd

The RECAPITATOR
May 12, 2006

Cursed to like terrible teams.

aejix posted:

Having just tuned in on radio, are the Oilers actually Back or are the Caps laying a big ol turd

Might just be a statistical anomaly.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

preds are imploding

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

aejix posted:

the Oilers are back like crystal pepsi

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Trevor Bird posted:

preds are imploding

Excited to see the next thing RJo gets penalized for

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
why are the predators bad?

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

Thufir posted:

Excited to see the next thing RJo gets penalized for

might not get the chance since jarnkrok is taking his shift now :v:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

Trevor Bird posted:

might not get the chance since jarnkrok is taking his shift now :v:

That was also an option I had considered

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Starsfan posted:

why are the predators bad?

Normally it's because Rinne died during his hip surgery and was replaced with his doppelganger who is a lovely goalie, but today, I dunno. The goals aren't on him.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
ehh it will be pretty sweet when Edmonton has to do the California swing and gets destroyed.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

toe knee hand posted:

Normally it's because Rinne died during his hip surgery and was replaced with his doppelganger who is a lovely goalie, but today, I dunno. The goals aren't on him.

rinne's been fine every game even with food poisoning. they've been just awful at 5 on 5 in every game except the pens one.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

i guess i can go to bed now :lol:

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I feel like Nashville's just not quite clicking

Trevor Bird posted:

i guess i can go to bed now :lol:

Yup

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
It's clearly Subban's fault. Fortunately he comes with a great return policy, so send him back TIA.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Holy crap Nashville

Three PPG and two SHGs against

That's, uh, something right there.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
"this one is turning into a rout" say the ducks' announcers, after going up 6-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

aejix posted:

A little more than a half dozen games into the season, 4th game in a row done, best season start since '84; I gotta tell you, I'm starting to feel positive. Not quite as overwhelmingly fanboyish as I was back when we last made a viable run for the Cup, but close. Put me down as "Cautiously optimistic."

• Locked thread