Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Here's something that can be fun if you have a bunch of local contests on your ballot: Reading the answers that hopeless candidates provide to survey questions on Vote411. Give it a try!
1. Visit the site
2. Enter your address
3. Go into your personalized ballot, click on the contested positions, and click on the names of candidates to compare them.

Hopefully they've provided answers to the questions, and hopefully they're interesting. Here are some from my location, for example.

Timothy King, Republican
Retired UAW (stay home dad)
Running for county commissioner

What are your goals should you be elected and how will you work to accomplish them with current resources?
Jobs,and more jobs. I have talked to Washtenaw Community College students that have no hope in the future of our country & the American dream. We were suppose to leave things better for the next generation of Americans and have not done so. To accomplish the goals we must have EPA lift stupid restrictions on employers & the American Worker to make them profitable again so they will come back to Michigan. I'm talking the BIG 3 & the small businesses that are independent part suppliers have left for Brentwood Tennessee the new Detroit. No restrictions on the Japanese, Koreans, German auto makers. Our federal government hurt the American people, destroyed the American dream. Michigan can come back .My question is why the Cadillac division is in Beijing with 15 new plants our jobs,& Ypsi Hydramatic torn down making a profit per UAW and GM statistics 145 dollars per transmission. Ask Debbie Dingell ? I tried at the NAACP meet & greet 2 years ago. She walked out ! I got a standing ovation !

What are the most serious problems facing the County and how will you work to solve them?
Dirty Rhinos and progressive Liberals in both party's have hurt the American People in D.C.and are in bed together and problems trickled down to our State and County. We have to throw anyone that does not work , FOR,OF, AND BY THE PEOPLE. out to the unemployment line and recall people in both parties that will not obey the United States Constitution. My Grandpa always said " If a man is not good as his word and handshake then he 's no drat good". He worked at GM Ypsilanti Power train Hydramatic and was a UAW retiree who was a World War II vet front line grunt under general Patton. The problem is NO jobs for us because our so called politicians in Washington D.C. have screwed the American people.Then they tax the hell out of us at the County commissioner level."Ain't that right Ruth Ann Jamnick". Ask the County Commissioners about the MICHIGAN HEADLEE AMENDMENT,taxing the hell out of us and the International President of the UAW wants us to vote in these people. I miss Owen Beeber !

(dude sounds like a stereotypical loud relative at Thanksgiving table)
----

Derek M. Grigsby, Green
Semi-retired
Running for State Board of Education

Describe your qualifications and experience for State Board of Education and explain your reasons for running. How would you be an asset?
I'm qualified because I have a sound logical thinking mind ( this is all anyone who seeks to serve the public needs ). My experience has come from attending schools in Detroit Michigan for 20 years. What I bring to the board is a mind, soul and heart that truly cares about all students regardless of their social and or economic background.

Michigan has been listed as one of the lowest performing school systems in the US. What can be done to stop this downward slide which jeopardizes our students’ and our state’s future economic strength?
First of all our children's education should not be tied to economic growth. To me, education is to enlighten the mind to its full potential !! (That's it ). Our minds and our children's minds should not be trained and educated for others to use for their economic benefit, which is how it is now.

(this guy is a markedly better candidate for the Board of Education than fellow candidate Scotty Boman, local libertarian idiot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

augias
Apr 7, 2009

hail fellow washtenong county dweller. vote for doug dern of the natural law party
https://www.facebook.com/votedern/
dern

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Haha I literally came here to go post about the natural law party.

• Locked thread