Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
:getin: or :frogout:
This poll is closed.
:boom: 38 17.35%
yes 34 15.53%
no 18 8.22%
maybe 22 10.05%
paging pagancow 40 18.26%
all of the above 24 10.96%
:same: 43 19.63%
Total: 77 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hello all

i havent posted much the last few months for reasons, butwhatever you know me already for my badpinions on pretty much everything

previous santees: theflyingexecutive

previous santas: awia (i am drinking out of that MK mug right now)

the flash, yospos, wwe, doctor who, sci fi in general tbh, the mighty glasgow celtic, fudge, dbz, scary spooky weird stuff, the headless horseman, DC comics

dislikes:

drugs, booze (sorry) ((apart from mimosas)), the huns

im looking to buy a flat just now so if you could send me a flat that would be cool, alternatively whatever you do send will probably end up decorating said flat...eventually

im prettye asy going so dont stress about what to get, ill like pretty much anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i have no good ideas for this year yet though :(

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
in facct, i have no bad ideas for this year yet either

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Symbolic Butt posted:

eh gently caress smythe, I'm doing it

but I'm too lazy to write about myself or link the posts now

why gently caress smythe?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

duckfarts posted:

it's cool; he could use a friend to link up with

i also got a cybiko from awia last year, cybiko posting pals unite

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Fail......

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

valeyard how do you feel about about tech junk? is there any tech junk you specifically dislike or actually collect?

no gif cause I'm phone posting. thanks and hail satan

i like tech junk, i do not really dislike anything

on the other hand i dont collect much either, the closest thing to collect would be old nokia s60 phones lol (retro/non retro gaming stuff is cool too)

Cat Face Joe posted:

a follow up question for Valeyard

how do you feel about gardening?

unfortunately, I despise it, hate the garden at current house and will probably move into a flat next year without a garden

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i hace this semi interesting idea but just cant finish it, i hope the shiping part doesnt take as long as I think it will

im also sending some ugh "non perishables" so need to get that stuff at the right time too

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Cat Face Joe posted:

hi everyone just a reminder that the shipping deadline is coming up in less than two weeks. unlike previous years the only consequence is not the dampening of the yosmas spirit it's depressing of smythe's ban button. please make sure you ship on time because if there is unforseen delays, well...

the deadline means my gift is going to be much more poo poo than it should be, sorry santee

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Santa, I have received your package just now (part 1) and will post about it tonight :tipshat: thank you very much!

you have very neat writing and very neat wrapping skills

i was waiting on some stuff to be deliverd and also for the UPS guy to come today so when the door went I wasnt expecting the secret santa delivery

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hello, major appologies to my santa vodkat

ive been pretty sick lately and in and out of hospital and didnt get a chacne to do this post properly, and didnt want to half rear end it

so without further delay...

I received this unexpecantly when I was waiting for some other deliveries, wait until you see the lovely handwriting

Three lovely and very neatly wrapped gifts

It really is nice handwriting

First up on the block is the little thin one, let's see....

Oh, it's the worlds BEST OPERATING SYSTEM (JUST RELEASED)

But just loving LOL at having a laptop with a disc drive, who do you think I am? I'll just need to frame it

Next up is the slightly bigger gift, feels like a hardback...

Hmmm

Ahhhhhhh

Here are some choice excerpts

These postcards are so boring that it sent me to hospital, its kind of making me glad I didnt need to live throgh 1960s America. Its not boring more so than just actually depressing :cry:

This will make an interesting coffee table addition

I can't believe it doesn't have one single page Seattle, the only place in the USA I've been

Right, the last one is a bit hefty

Hmmm

Ooooooh, that a very nice cover, I haven't heard of this before

This looks great, I managed to read a little bit of it so far but will be able to get into it properly now that I'm back home. It's certainly different to anything else I've ever read

Oh yeah also there was something inside...

:3:

Let's not forget the lovely card

Sorry vodkat, I don't think there is any saving my posting. It's among the worse posting of the year, but thankfully the year is almost over :grin:

You mentioned a certain something else that would be arriving separately...well it actually arrived much quicker than expected!

Here we go...

:swoon: :eyepop: :swoon:

This really is lovely

I tried to take a shot of the description at the bottom that names everyone (although I would be surprised if this thread couldnt name them all) but it didn't really work very well

For now this will remain tubed up but like you mentioned in the card it will end up framed and hung up in my new flat...whenever that actually happens, hopefully soon

Thanks very much for everything vodkat and sorry again for the delay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i want to eat that cheese

• Locked thread