Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I think heir Rotting Pinata album is hella good and still stands up well today. I bought wax ecstatic a long time ago after liking rotting pinata so much and it was okay but not as good imo. I havent really head anythign else by them.

Were they good or just medicore?

should I try and find more music by them?

THIS IS THE SPONGE MEGATHREAD POST ABOUT SPONGE ITT!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh yeah it's like they sopped up a bunch of pussy juice and turned it into music. :v:

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
im not familiar with spoge but ill be sure to check it oit. thanks nooner!

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
IN A WORLD OF HUMAN WRECKAGE

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Enfield posted:

im not familiar with spoge but ill be sure to check it oit. thanks nooner!

check out their Rotting Pinata album it's pretty good, very "90's"

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

china bot posted:

I thought it was a world of human records. :shrug:

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

16 candles down the drain.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I thought it was a world of human records. :shrug:

if anything it's IN UH WURLD UV HUMUN WRECKERGE

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

china bot posted:

I think it's this

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Don't ask why.

(Don't ask why.)

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

china bot posted:

I've probably heard that song 1000 times on radio and I still don't know tbh. Is he saying that people are garbage in general? I mean I could see human records like poetically or whatever (no homo) but like that's kind of lovely and arrogant of him to say.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

I've probably heard that song 1000 times on radio and I still don't know tbh. Is he saying that people are garbage in general? I mean I could see human records like poetically or whatever (no homo) but like that's kind of lovely and arrogant of him to say.

I think what he is saying is that he is lost and he is found and he cant touch the ground :confused:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

no idea, the only reason i know that lyric is because i once downloaded "sponge - human wreckage" on napster :cool:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nooner posted:

I think what he is saying is that he is lost and he is found and he cant touch the ground :confused:

Oh is that the one about the plow or whatever? I mean like first off, make up you goddamn mind on the lost and found poo poo. But then it's like there's that stone temple pilots song about the meatplow, but then all this guy says is "plow plow plow plow plow I'm plowed into a plow" or something. :shrug:

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

I think he is saying more we are all broken maybe? Like we are all just human wreckage. We were all very sad in the 90s.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thunder God Biden posted:

I think he is saying more we are all broken maybe? Like we are all just human wreckage. We were all very sad in the 90s.

it was a very serious time

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm plow plow plow plow plow, plow in a plow plow, plow plow plowy plow, plow. :downs:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
SAY A PRAYER FOR ME FOR Me for me for me

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
16 candles

down the drain...

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I DON'T REMEMBER THAT BAND!!!

i am kiss u now
Dec 26, 2005

College Slice
There was a baby and candy corn on that album cover. That CD is still in my car somewhere.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

i am kiss u now posted:

There was a baby and candy corn on that album cover. That CD is still in my car somewhere.

same, its in the cd caddy in my center concole

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"oh look how rich I am, I own a car and CDs"

gently caress you guys.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

same, its in the cd caddy in my center concole

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE BAND IS NOONER HELP

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
sponge is not to be confused with squeeze, which is what you do to a sponge

but not THE sponge

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I DON'T KNOW WHO THE BAND IS NOONER HELP

Sponge is an American alternative rock band from Detroit, Michigan formed in 1991 by Vinnie Dombroski, Mike Cross, Tim Cross, and Joey Mazzola. All were formerly of the hard rock band Loudhouse. Sponge was signed to Sony Records in 1994[3] but have since switched to other labels.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CHs4x2uqcQ

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i know it might seem like im just trolling or threadshitting when say i have never heard of that band but honest to god nooner i have never heard of that band

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i know it might seem like im just trolling or threadshitting when say i have never heard of that band but honest to god nooner i have never heard of that band

huh, I guess someone wasnt a 90's kid :crossarms:

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
They did a killer cover of the Speed Racer theme song.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBfMC6RdLQ

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
did someone say cucky pizzone?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

china bot posted:

I swear there used to be a video mashup of Willy Wonka and Plowed where he sings "Come with me and you'll be in a WORLD OF HUMAN WRECKAGE" and I cannot find it now.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ANJUHLENUH [unintelligible lyrics]
IT'S WAX ECSTASY

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nooner posted:

Sponge is an American alternative rock band from Detroit, Michigan formed in 1991 by Vinnie Dombroski, Mike Cross, Tim Cross, and Joey Mazzola. All were formerly of the hard rock band Loudhouse. Sponge was signed to Sony Records in 1994[3] but have since switched to other labels.

Ty nooner i will check them out

----------------
VOYAGER CREW

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope
I went to a Sponge concert back in '95, then a couple of months ago in August, I caught them again in Vegas. Surprisingly, they still put on a pretty good show.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
The tune that seemed to get the most airplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ8_P3XB2qg

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Wax Ecstatic was an underrated single

Shats Basoon
Jun 13, 2013

I got shpongled once

Adbot