Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

robziel posted:

Two of those were from one crate, I feel like the game is trying to tell me something.

Need a light?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Lyer posted:

Honestly I just have a hard time match making into the daily missions vs. underground. I get into teams immediately for underground and its a few minutes before a single person joins up for the daily mission. If I'm lucky the team fills up halfway through, just wondering if I'm missing anything if I don't run the daily missions.

I actually quit playing Underground for now after getting pretty far in a hard mission, then getting killed at the last moment and wasting about 20 minutes of my time.

I usually have no problems getting into groups as long as I keep my party open and just start the mission.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Holy gently caress, water bottles stack with Booster Shot and I just dumped 100k+ headshots into a heavy flamer with my M60 :stare:

Also I'm still on the fence about the Robust yellow vest working right but uhhh

I'm sure I can find a use for this poo poo.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I have a robust chest and a holster with the +15% armor in cover talent. When they're both active I go from 46% armor mitigation to 58%. They're good.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

GET MY BELT SON posted:

So can I still run embassy over and over again with a good group and rake in bird coins? What's the current preferred method for farming as a PvE type guy?

I've heard Clear Sky at wt2 is the most efficient for birdbux

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
So I assume for Incursions I should dial down the World Tier a bit? Because we just got slaughtered in Falcon Lost.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Pedestrian Xing posted:

I've heard Clear Sky at wt2 is the most efficient for birdbux

It's around a 5-10 minute clear for 100 credits. It's really easy but very boring.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Where's all the primo loot in the DZ? I extracted something like 18 of the DZ caches before I noticed they only contained 185 items and some DZ coins. This is at WT4 as well.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
That can't be right. I mean, caches award gear scaled to your gear score so world tier doesn't affect what you get. Even if you earn a cache at a low world tier or improve your gear score before opening it you'll still get gear based on your current gear score. I did a bunch of farming in the 205+ DZ yesterday and all the caches I found gave me 229 GS items.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
When you're building a character for the DZ, what kind of combat do you anticipate? You've got cover fire, which will be prolonged, and then you've got uncovered, which are usually incredibly quick. I've only been in the DZ since I came back to the game twice now, so I've had a very small experience so far, but it's all been the latter. I'm either getting blown up and die immediately, or I get jumped and gunned down in a matter of two seconds. The two talents I use at the moment, turret and support station, are clearly geared for longer battles, but in my experiences so far, they've been useless to me.

Should I prepare myself to fight in shorter gunfights, or am I putting too much stock into a small number of interactions?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Brine posted:

It's around a 5-10 minute clear for 100 credits. It's really easy but very boring.
Is it possible solo though?

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

Aesis posted:

Is it possible solo though?

Just matchmake. Every single time I did it last night I got matched with three other 229s.

Radiohead71
Sep 15, 2007

Revol posted:

When you're building a character for the DZ, what kind of combat do you anticipate? You've got cover fire, which will be prolonged, and then you've got uncovered, which are usually incredibly quick. I've only been in the DZ since I came back to the game twice now, so I've had a very small experience so far, but it's all been the latter. I'm either getting blown up and die immediately, or I get jumped and gunned down in a matter of two seconds. The two talents I use at the moment, turret and support station, are clearly geared for longer battles, but in my experiences so far, they've been useless to me.

Should I prepare myself to fight in shorter gunfights, or am I putting too much stock into a small number of interactions?

I'm only 44 in the DZ but your best defense in the DZ is a capable squad. If you can handle 33 level enemies OK then you need to plan on Rogues. Stun turret and support station with revive are viable when you extract but that's about it. Both will help if you get ganked by rogues at the time of extraction. I usually use first aid and smart cover and my teammates go with pulse or counter pulse (whatever it's called). I would look at the blind (now banshee) gearset although I haven't tried it yet. I would use your highest DPS weapons at all times. Honestly there are so many good rogues in the DZ that many of my efforts are futile and my character is very good at PvE.

These have been listed before but both are very helpful in figuring out what to use in 1.4

http://www.division-agents.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1024#p5706

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUTygu2eeTk6TlREtlgGIoJHLTXl9IrixvoaUq8xaZg/preview

The 2nd link shows ideal setups for PvP (ie DZ).

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pierson posted:

Where's all the primo loot in the DZ? I extracted something like 18 of the DZ caches before I noticed they only contained 185 items and some DZ coins. This is at WT4 as well.

Shoren posted:

That can't be right. I mean, caches award gear scaled to your gear score so world tier doesn't affect what you get.

He's probably extracting purple caches :ssh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Oh there are different types? Then yeah they were the purple ones, I didn't see any other kind. It was in the sewer/subway system at the top of the DZ.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Don't even touch purples in the DZ. Not even caches. Remember,. you can't get rid of a cache once you pick it up.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

The Gate posted:

I have a robust chest and a holster with the +15% armor in cover talent. When they're both active I go from 46% armor mitigation to 58%. They're good.

Is there an indicator when it works? Or are you just checking your character sheet menu?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pierson posted:

Oh there are different types? Then yeah they were the purple ones, I didn't see any other kind. It was in the sewer/subway system at the top of the DZ.

Only pick up yellow and teal caches.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Christ you guys were right

This game IS good

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz
Purple DZ caches are worth 2.5-3.5k DZ bucks and 1-3 div tech, and while div tech has been depreciated it does still convert to high end mats, especially the electronics parts you need to make gears. 30 purple caches is 90k dz bucks. Then there is the monetary value of the purple loot as well.

ZombyDog fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 1, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
So apparently the Advanced Weaponry vendor is selling a Military M60 E4 with Meticulous/Capable/Brutal. Combined with a 229 Pakhan (Swift/Destructive/Ferocious) and 4pc AB and you basically have a PVE LMG gunner's wet dream.

I'll let you all know how it is once I get off my rear end and get back to The D.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Rick_Hunter posted:

So apparently the Advanced Weaponry vendor is selling a Military M60 E4 with Meticulous/Capable/Brutal. Combined with a 229 Pakhan (Swift/Destructive/Ferocious) and 4pc AB and you basically have a PVE LMG gunner's wet dream.

I'll let you all know how it is once I get off my rear end and get back to The D.
Be aware that there's a thread in reddit about AB and Pakhan being slightly bugged ( notably Predatory not triggering depending on which slot which weapon is in ).

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Good thing I don't care about predatory then.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

ZombyDog posted:

Be aware that there's a thread in reddit about AB and Pakhan being slightly bugged ( notably Predatory not triggering depending on which slot which weapon is in ).

Wait what, I'm using this exact combination and haven't had a problem ever with it proccing. M60 main and Pakhan off.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
What happened to the vendor on the second floor of the BoO near Rhodes?

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Javes posted:

What happened to the vendor on the second floor of the BoO near Rhodes?

Moved down to the basement before you take the elevator to Underground.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there an indicator when it works? Or are you just checking your character sheet menu?

Checked the sheet, I didn't notice an icon. Might be one, though.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Rick_Hunter posted:

There are so many vendors in this game and I don't know which vendor this is, where are they?

edit; Found him.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 1, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Pierson posted:

There are so many vendors in this game and I don't know which vendor this is, where are they?

Barracks vendor in the security wing. Sells the Pakhan, Cassidy, and Centurion.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

So I'm coming back to this for the first time in a while. I climbed up to world level 3 pretty easily and I've got something like 480 birdbucks sitting around from 1.0. Is there any point in me buying some shiny new guns with that now, or should I just keep it parked until i'm at the end game stuff?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

So I'm coming back to this for the first time in a while. I climbed up to world level 3 pretty easily and I've got something like 480 birdbucks sitting around from 1.0. Is there any point in me buying some shiny new guns with that now, or should I just keep it parked until i'm at the end game stuff?

If you want shiny new guns, here you go. Otherwise, just play the game and you'll get many guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrmTn8emYM0

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Cyrano4747 posted:

I'd say the latter. Stamina/Firearms Mod Patterns would be more useful. The game shits weapons at us now.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

isk posted:

I'd say the latter. Stamina/Firearms Mod Patterns would be more useful. The game shits weapons at us now.

Firearms and Stamina mods are 696 birdbux if I recall from Skill Up's video. ilvl 33 so it will help immensely.

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

You can also get loads of guns from the 200k credit caches at normal vendors.

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Just echoing the ilvl33 firearms / stamina mod blueprints as great investments early on. A) they give you something to spend all those crafting mats on, and B) getting mods with armour on them will do huge things for your survivability when you're getting started. The fact that they're 33s also means you'll be at the current cap in terms of max rolls.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
How much DPS/Toughness/Skill Power do I need to have to be considered 'geared' nowadays? Also, I assume I should be denconstructing all of my lower level GS items in my stash/backpack from 6 months ago?

Javes fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 2, 2016

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
Hey, if you wanna play on PS4, add me: Presidente_Kang.

I've just started playing two weeks ago, level 25, willing to learn and have fun.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Javes posted:

How much DPS/Toughness/Skill Power do I need to have to be considered 'geared' nowadays? Also, I assume I should be denconstructing all of my lower level GS items in my stash/backpack from 6 months ago?
300,000 toughness is what you should aim around, it should be closer to 400,000 with a DPS build but you can get away with less with a skill power based build. 200,000 firearms is around what you should be aiming for.

Sell all your old stuff, only deconstruct if you need to craft attachments or gear mods which are the only things worth crafting now

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Holy gently caress Skilled as a third trait on an AlphaBridge M60 is hilarious :getin:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedestrian Xing
Jul 19, 2007

Got an SVD with Accurate/Balanced/Coolheaded, going to see if I can bring back some of the glory of the Caduceus. Thinking Sentry's to benefit my team at least a little.

• Locked thread