Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
So apparently the Advanced Weaponry vendor is selling a Military M60 E4 with Meticulous/Capable/Brutal. Combined with a 229 Pakhan (Swift/Destructive/Ferocious) and 4pc AB and you basically have a PVE LMG gunner's wet dream.

I'll let you all know how it is once I get off my rear end and get back to The D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Good thing I don't care about predatory then.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Pierson posted:

There are so many vendors in this game and I don't know which vendor this is, where are they?

Barracks vendor in the security wing. Sells the Pakhan, Cassidy, and Centurion.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

So I'm coming back to this for the first time in a while. I climbed up to world level 3 pretty easily and I've got something like 480 birdbucks sitting around from 1.0. Is there any point in me buying some shiny new guns with that now, or should I just keep it parked until i'm at the end game stuff?

If you want shiny new guns, here you go. Otherwise, just play the game and you'll get many guns.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrmTn8emYM0

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

isk posted:

I'd say the latter. Stamina/Firearms Mod Patterns would be more useful. The game shits weapons at us now.

Firearms and Stamina mods are 696 birdbux if I recall from Skill Up's video. ilvl 33 so it will help immensely.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Wish they didn't change the hitbox or whatever for Heavies weak spot :(

The hitbox is literally a box. Of ammo. It didn't change, you're just missing more.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Gooch181 posted:

Picked this up last night and after fighting for a while to get it to perform on my gtx 660, I am enjoying it. I hit level 9 and activated each wing of the HQ so far. I've had decent luck with pubby groups.

So far I have only used the medic and sticky bomb skills, but I owe the other ones I have unlocked some attention. Any general advice for new players?

First Aid is great for solo play because you're all that you can rely on. Even at end game I still run First Aid - Overdose and Tactical Scanner because knowing where enemies are during an engagement is pretty important.

You're gonna want to unlock your signature skills in each wing by buying the 1000 supply upgrade and the 500 supply upgrade right below it. Security = Survival Link, Medical = Recovery Link, and Tech = Tactical Link. If you go down a lot get Recovery Link first. Otherwise, look into Survival Link to make yourself tanky for 15 seconds or Tactical Link to pump out bullets for 15 seconds.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Gooch181 posted:

Some direction with skills is exactly what I think I needed. Thanks!

I have a few thousand credits burning a hole in my pocket, but I can decide what do to with them. I've found a few weapons for sale, like an ACR that slightly out classes my current AR. I take it with the current drop rate it's pretty safe to just buy whatever?

Yes. Your goal is to just get to 30 and then the loot falls from the sky. For example this morning I went on an open world boss hunt and managed to make about 2 mil credits from vendoring all the gear set items and high-ends that were dropping.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Radiohead71 posted:

I've done the boss course around the map 2x now. It is a lot of fun. Someone posted this before, but doing this gets you some decent weapons, mods and weapon mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ad71ESo5M

Or just use the map in the OP.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

lmao, I need this loving game to drop me some accolade kneepads pdq.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

hey welcome to the show! posted:

So.... Ignore my last post about DeadEye not working in solo pvp.

I forgot that explosive and incendiary ammo was a thing in this game.

And no one stacks exotic damage resistance....

Im nearly one shoting people in the DZ now.

Its kinda nuts. :69snypa:

This was pretty much the build before 1.4. Stack critical hit damage, get an M44, pop explosive ammo, and blow poo poo up. Doesn't matter if you hit the head or the chest.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Vax posted:

What's the current situaton regarding powerlevelling? I read somewhere if you do all missions on hardest mode you end up 25-27. Then you do all encounters / side missions to max out your station and are pretty much level 30.

Anyone in here on PC interested in trading service? I do you, you do me. Hot goon on goon action.

Easiest way to PL is get several of your friends to just run you through missions - normal, hard, doesn't matter - and once you're finished with the campaign start doing side missions in Midtown East and work your way back to the starting areas. Once you're 30 you can put some of your stash gear on your alt and clear the rest of the map quickly.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

What's the current recommendation on alts now? Since loot is raining from the sky I don't see the need to have 3 other characters anymore. Hell, only reason I leveled up all 4 characters is because I could get supply drops 8 times a month.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Black Griffon posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with deadeye while I'm collecting banshee pieces. I've taken to carrying a high rpm marksman with a holosight for short range, a low rpm for long range, and Lone Star 2 to increase my ammo capacity. Sure I can make headshots if I try, but seeing that crit damage pop up with every shot I make is a true delight.

If you're running 4 pc Deadeye headshots do gently caress all so don't even try.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Bob NewSCART posted:

Any good assault rifles for sale from the vendors this week?

Also is there a good place to look either in game or online to actually have the high value target thing/ search and destroy thing explained? I've completely missed how it works. Also wondering how to grind up hella bird coins and credits.

Guns this week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cS35qshvK8
There's a Lightweight M4 in the Terminal at the Special Equipment Vendor (Terminal). It has Predatory, Self-Preserved, and Unforgiving. If you roll Unforgiving away to something else it could be good for a crit-based survival or AlphaBridge build.

High-Value Targets:
1. Opening up Search & Destroy Missions - do all side missions and encounters in a zone
2. Do S&D missions to earn intel
3. Turn in intel to buy High-Value Targets (HVT) or High-Risk Targets (HRT) contracts. Contracts are offered in the Security Wing and the Terminal
- a. HVTs (weekly or daily) are a one time purchase but you can only have 1 at a time
- b. HRTs must be bought every time you attempt them. Dying or not completing the objective in time will require you to purchase it again.

In theory the contracts will scale to your party size but I would still err on the caution and get a few friends.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Galewolf posted:

-Will people suck my dick if I play medic/support because I'm a mutant who loves doing that poo poo?

Keep in mind that abilities that revived players from a downed state now revive them from death. If you build your character to have have high skill power and haste you can theoretically help your allies stay up. Of course, if you're using the abilities that revive them often then there's something wrong with your group.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I finally managed to play about 3-4 hours of group content last night and I have to agree with the people who have said that enemies still feel like bullet sponges. It still takes 2+ mags by myself to take out WT4 enemies on challenging while running with a full team. The real kicker though is that at 350k toughness I do not feel squishy at all. I feel like player toughness is at the point where unless you manage to walk into a monster closet while 6 LMBs come out you can retreat and pop a heal to survive.

Long encounters can be a bitch because of the skill power changes. For my 200k/350k/76k main character it still feels like ages to get my overdose heal back from cooldown.

Finally, I really wish there was a ilvl 33 performance mod blueprint that I could buy. My P-mods are a mish mash of anything that I could throw in slots when I would much prefer 5% self heal mods.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

chami posted:

Oof, not sure SMGs are any good if they can't crit, but that's a way to keep them balanced with the tankiness of the shield. They should probably fix Decisive gloves though since those only work with sidearms.

I believe it's meant to be only with that set. If you use a Ballistic Shield with an SMG, you can't crit. With the way the set is built, it's meant to be a tanky threat generating set so you go with as much shield health that you can stack, CC/self heal, and threat gear to hold agro.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Probably that inner warehouse door in Clinton that you can't open unless you hit the right spot.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

Me too. I'm glad I got 3 really good sets out of 1.4, I'm definitely ready for the next update.

Yeah, announcements like this are what I get when I finally throw together my LMG AlphaBridge, Sentry's Call, and DeadEye sets.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Ok, now I wish someone would mod the game so turret had the voice for Shotgun 1340.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Deviant posted:

Based on your 200k dps/firearms comment, I'm unsure on what I should be updating here:

Weapons are Pakhan @ 229, and an LVOA-C with 14.8K sheet dps, self preserved deadly brutal.

"Primary DPS": 190k
Secondary DPS 220k

But my toughness feels low. I know I'm missing some mod slots. Not sure what sets would be best to strive for. Weapon-wise I prefer LMGs, ARs, and SMGs. Never been very good with shotguns or rifles.

Reroll your knees, backpack, and holster for armor. Goddamn!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Deviant posted:

Shouldn't I just try to get a decent actual set first? But "Get more armor" is a fair assertion, I suppose. Anything worth de-prioritizing?

Credits fall from the sky now so you might as well just reroll everything when you want.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QUTygu2eeTk6TlREtlgGIoJHLTXl9IrixvoaUq8xaZg/edit
For a DPS guide I would start here and tweak as needed. For instance, one set suggestion in their guide is 4 pc AlphaBridge/2 High-Ends, but I prefer the ammo from Lone Star so I made a 4pc AB/2 pc LS set. I would still hold onto the Nomad holster even if you get another set because holsters are pretty universal.

As for deprioritizing...I would say just read the guide. It gives you some idea of what people are doing with each set and you can decide if that's what you want to do. I too like ARs and LMGs and can't hit for poo poo with shotguns so I've gravitated towards the AlphaBridge, Lone Star, and Striker sets. I still have a bunch of Tactician's Authority and Reclaimer because sometimes I want to support instead of shoot things.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 7, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Deviant posted:

Also, um, where the heck is Survival mode?

It's supposed to be the player area during a blizzard.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Why the hell would you c/p this part and miss the most important part:

Urban MurDeR Assault Rifle has a nice ring to it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Aesis posted:

What weapon talents should I have for Alpha Bridge? Currently I have G36 with Self-Preserved and Brutal, Lightweight M4 with Swift/Destructive/Brutal and Commanding/Fierce/Skilled (rolled Commanding), and SCAR-L with Meticulous/Accurate/something (rolled Meticulous).

Are you going for pure DPS or skill heavy? PVE or PVP?
For PVE DPS, Get rid of any skills (Fierce, Commanding, Talented, Adept, etc) that require high amounts of electronics unless you want to devote 1 armor piece to getting that. If you can get a good talent with electronics, try to get it in the 3rd slot so you don't have to hit those high electronics requirements. Brutal and Deadly are mid tier to me because although they do what they say, you can't really stack crit damage and headshot damage like you used to. They're nice if you get them but don't reroll for them unless you have everything else.

God: Destructive, Ferocious (3rd slot)
God (solo): Predatory
Mid: Brutal, Deadly, Accurate, Stable, Capable, Skilled (3rd slot), Determined (3rd slot), Responsive
Mid (solo): Self-Preserved, Sustained, Unforgiving (:shrug:)
Garbage: Anything with with electronics requirements, anything with 'chance on hit' or 'first/last shot', Meticulous, Swift, Balanced, Prepared

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 8, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Brine posted:

These are both pretty great if you're using a M60 or M249.

Since he was talking about ARs, I made my list in that context.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Clavavisage posted:

forgot i bought this a while back, whats the best way to bring up a character? just play thought the story line to get lvls then branch out into matchmaking stuff?

Do story missions at your level and if you're not leveling fast enough do side missions/encounters. If you die a lot, make sure you buy the first 2 upgrades in the medical wing for Recovery Link.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

Is there a trick to getting into contaminated areas? I see taped-up doors I can't get through, but haven't been able to find other ways in, even for level-1 zones.

Also, gently caress sniper mobs real hard.

Also also: is there a way to tell if an AR only does 3-round bursts vs full auto without shooting it? I crafted one and it was disappointing.

1. There is always a path to get into those areas. They may not be obvious though - side doors or going around the block and into the inner alley.

2. Sniper mobs are push overs. Just don't let them shoot you.

3. Classic FAL, Military SA-58, Tactical SA-58, and Burst Fire MP5 A4 are the only 4 burst fire weapons in the game.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 11, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

MREBoy posted:

Re: Crashed Drones - The difficulty curve in getting to them varies widely between spots where they crashed. The worst one I can remember I finally wound up starting at some building 2 or 3 full blocks away and wound up going over some bridge/catwalk thing to get to the actual building where the drone was. In each case the initial entry point is almost never anywhere near where the drone itself is.

Quick questions to anyone who's on 1.5 PTS re: Survival - Do you still have access to the big over-world map (for navigation purposes) or are you stuck just using the basic NSEW compass & I should have Google Earth/Maps open in another window ? Also, what can you do with the craftable Pulse skill ? Can it use any of the mods available to the normal Pulse ? To me it seems like Pulse would be the 1st skill to get due to the poo poo visibility, and the Recon Pulse mod can find lootable objects.

insert name here mostly answered your question but for the bolded part it still wouldn't work. Although The Division's map is mostly true to the real world NYC Manhattan, it cuts out a lot of streets. You can see this with things like jumping from 47th Ave to 49th Ave. So no, using google maps would not work and you'd more likely confuse yourself because some streets just aren't there.

Rick_Hunter fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 11, 2016

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Considering 1.4 nerfed player damage across the board, what's the theoretical best DeadEye build that gives you a decent amount of survivability?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

TomVanDam posted:

Quick question, me and a buddy of mine just started playing again after the recent patch. The game really does poo poo loot at you now, but is there any point in picking up the underground dlc? Considering how much loot I get from just about anything is there anything to make the loot from underground worth the money?

Underground (UG) doesn't change gameplay in any way so it's not essential. The only difference is that it adds another xp bar to fill and gives you semi-procedurally generated missions to play on. It's largely repetitive but back before 1.4 it was a good source of high end and gear set items from getting UG XP although the game weighted certain sets heavily for UG (Banshee and FireCrest). If you and your buddy would like missions where the challenge comes from modifiers like no radar, limited ammo, or enemies with special ammo, go for it. Otherwise, you aren't missing much.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

203 stam/252 armor gear mod in the Cavern (Garment District?) for 400K credits. Get it.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

MREBoy posted:

Just for giggles I watched that Skill Up guys daily "Here's whats for sale this reset" video earlier. Apparently the BoO has some sort of God roll ilv33 Omega Tan suppressor (large caliber) available. I wound up buying like 6 of them as it was an across the board upgrade to every gun that could fit it. Also for you FireCrest types, there's a Performance Mod that is +7.5% to turret time available at one of the PvE Land safehouses, along with a Stamina mod with +Armor. Got some of the Stamina mods and boom I have another 20k Toughness over what I had. I want to say The Wolf's Den & Autumn's Hope is where they were.

The Stamina mod is in the Garment District safe house the Cavern and that turret duration mod is in Times Square. There's also a really good Firearms mod at the Kip's Bay safe house the Southpaw.

Here is where I got most of the vendor info: https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/5ci3ul/weekly_vendor_reset/

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

PTS winds up in 12 hours, and the 22nd of November for 1.5 looks like it is locked in. Solo WT5 seems quite doable with GS229 gear, so gearing up to GS256 shouldn't be a drama. There's threads on Reddit bemoaning the fact that that the weapon talent requirements have gone up for the GS256 guns, but the arguments were being based on wearing GS229 Armour ( the two FA, 3 Stam + holster formula will still meet the GS256 weapon requirements ), so these posts are safe to ignore. The EAD / VS Armour roll discussion is a little more interesting but the math is looking like it's still beneficial to just roll armour ( and to be honest 2 of my 3 current GS229 builds rely on assault rifles with Destructive so, meh ). I do wonder if we're over valuing armour though, I mean I'm not running incursions - but my experience in PVP with running my firecrest firemage ( although maybe RIP when the Joe Ferro's mask comes out ) and only 50% mitigation had just been just as good as when I've been running my Pred set with 59% mitigation.

You probably have a good deal of CC when you run your firemage so you're not getting shot all the time. I think stacking armor and stam is relatively important for DPS that uses their guns for DPS. They really did emphasize the zero sum game with 1.4 - you're gonna have to give up a lot of other stats to build a character like in 1.3.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

ZombyDog posted:

Just for reference, if using average rolls, 5636 Firearms is achievable with 2 firearm armour pieces, holster and 4 gears ( or straight up just 3 FA pieces + holster ), with good rolls ( not max ) you can hit this with 2 FA pieces, holster and 3 gears. I don't think that's onerous at all.

It is kind of onerous when you think about the stamina and toughness you have to give up to get that. With mediocre rolls that's 2 stam pieces and 2 gear mods to make yourself not squishy.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

What is a good general purpose PVE talent/perk setup? I don't really know anything about them or itemization.
Steady Hands/One Is None/Triage/Battle Buddy is pretty GP.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I stopped playing this shortly after hitting 30 in 1.0. I enjoyed what I played but there were other games. I came back today and went from gear score 70 to 229 in an hour or two thanks to a friend running me through stuff. I have a mix of weird gear and want to start forming a "build" of sorts for group play and solo. For a group, i like the idea of turrets and shield, maybe a combat medic of some kind? For solo, I'm open to suggestions. The talent/perk system confuses me and I was hoping people could post their gear/builds and what is working best for them. The game is really fun now!
Game doesn't really have a combat medic role but if you want to do that what you want is a specialized backpack and either Tactician's Authority or Reclaimer sets. For your weapons you want talents that help your skill cooldowns so Determined or Skilled in the 3rd weapon talent slots. Determined will give you skill cooldown back on kills and skilled will recharge your signature skill on headshot kills. Perks in the 3rd slots do not need to meet stat (Firearms/Stamina/Electronics) requirements; they are active all the time.

Don't worry about stacking Firearms that much, you want to stack Electronics and Stamina to increase your skill power (better skills, lower cooldowns) and toughness. Aim for about 300k toughness and you're good for all top content.

For skills you'll probably be running First Aid - Defibrilator, Support Station, and Recovery Link.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Does anyone still have the video where the dude's arms go like stretch armstrong during DZ extraction?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

GET MY BELT SON posted:

Anybody know where I can find a level 33 firearms gear mod blueprint?

You'd be better off buying several 189 Firearms/+235 armor ones from the Kip's Bay safehouse for now instead of wasting the birdbux on the blueprint. When Survival comes out I'm sure there'll be ilvl 34 mods to go with world tier 5 poo poo.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Is survival another paid dlc or a free update? (lol I know, but asking just in case)

Survival is paid DLC, the new World Tier and weapons are free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Roman posted:

Gear score means more powerful, it's pretty simple now. (It used to be kinda nebulous, where lower score items could be better than high ones, until they reworked the system). When you hit level 30 and it gives you the option for World Tiers, just keep playing and gearing up until you have enough gear score to unlock a new tier. You usually will be a bit squishy right when you go to a new tier, but if it's too rough you can just jump back down to a lower tier until you have better equipment.

Once you hit level 30, try to get all High End (yellow colored) guns and armor before moving to a new tier.

To piggyback on this, GS is not the end all for gear but it is important for the benefits that gear gives you. Higher gear score items will roll numerical stats in exclusively higher tiers - there is no over lap between a 204 GS backpack and a 229 GS backpack. There is overlap with percentage based stats.

Another thing that GS does not completely matter with is weapons and AlphaBridge. AB allows you to gain the benefit of all the activated talents in both your primary and secondary weapons IF the 2 weapons are the same archetype. However, with weapon talents being normalized that means that a GS 182 assault rifle will have the same weapon talents but lower requirements. So you could potentially have a great AR in your primary slot with good firearms/stamina based perks and a GS 163 AR in your secondary slot with talents that require electronics @ 1900 or so. Now you have 6 talents active and you didn't have to put anything into electronics.

TL;DR: GS is important for gear so you get higher stat rolls but not greatly important for percentage based stats. GS is not as important for weapons if you're using an AlphaBridge build.

• Locked thread