Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

:q:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Tennessee devolving into a dumpster fire right now.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

You know over the years several players have went from Jones is the greatest when they are a recruit to transferring off the team. Of course most of them are due to lack of playing time and other issues. That said there has been rumors that players end up disliking Jones and they think he is too mean. This is the second 5* offensive player we have lost in the last month (Preston Williams is also transferring).

Still to think back to the start of the season it would be Hurd? He started the season needing 891 become Tennessee's leading rusher and had NFL plans after the season. Now he is giving up on RB? The rumor was out of Nashville that has always been a prima donna, but most 5* recruits are. Good coaches handle them correctly.

Tennessee has went from 5-0 to a complete dumpster fire. Zero excuse. I wouldn't have an issue if they fired Jones right now, and let Shoop run the team until they can hire a coach. Not going to happen anytime soon with our lame duck AD.

Edit:

What teams have had the most drama over the last 10 years? It has to be Tennessee. Fulmer's last year to Kiffin to Dooley to now Jones.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Oct 31, 2016

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Told yall motherfuckers!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

nate fisher posted:

I would n't have an issue if they fired Jones right now, and let Shoop run it until they can hire a coach. Not going to happen anytime soon with our lame duck AD.

nate fisher posted:

What teams have had the most drama over the last 10 years? It has to be Tennessee. Fulmer's last year to Kiffin to Dooley to now Jones.

USC is up there. Both involve Kiffin, but the Sarkisian mess, sanctions, firing Lane on the tarmac....

Miami too? They've been a ragged mess also.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

nate fisher posted:

Still to think back to the start of the season it would be Hurd? He started the season needing 891 become Tennessee's leading rusher and had NFL plans after the season. Now he is giving up on RB? The rumor was out of Nashville that has always been a prima donna, but most 5* recruits are. Good coaches handle them correctly.

Maybe he's just figured out that now is not a great time to be a running back in the NFL, with players at the position increasingly regarded as expendable by coaches and GMs that grind them into dust.

Why not try to make it as a tight end, if he has the body-type (he does) and the skill-set (he might) for it? Way better longevity

other than because it'll cost him a year and look real bad to GMs, I mean

PupsOfWar fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 31, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao jim harbaugh brings a glove to baseball games like an 11 year old

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

USC is up there. Both involve Kiffin, but the Sarkisian mess, sanctions, firing Lane on the tarmac....

Miami too? They've been a ragged mess also.

Uh...Penn State?

MourningView posted:

lmao jim harbaugh brings a glove to baseball games like an 11 year old

The even more hilarious thing is how many foul balls he claims to have gotten. You know he'd rip a baseball out of the hands of a child.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
all that whole milk and he's still too scared to hurt his wittle babby hands by barehanding foul pops like a man rofl

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
He's waiting for Michigan to give him an 8 year extension, then he can stop caring about football and risk hurting his hand

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Somewhere deep in the Michigan woods, an alarm sounds. Jim Harbaugh has been insulted on the internet.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

nate fisher posted:

Tennessee has went from 5-0 to a complete dumpster fire. Zero excuse. I wouldn't have an issue if they fired Jones right now, and let Shoop run the team until they can hire a coach. Not going to happen anytime soon with our lame duck AD.

Tennessee competing with LSU, and potentially Oregon, Southern Cal, and Texas for a head coach would not be a good spot to be in. Unless there's a good fit out there.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
HEY IT'S THE TFF PICK 'EM

Here are the results from week nine:

Tough week for the TFF pickers - only four people went over .500. Congrats to the two people who picked FSU to cover at Clemson and three who picked Okie over West Virginia. Unfortunately it looks like Club Null has grown to five members.

Here's the leaderboard:

And here's the lineup for a not-very-good week ten:

Thanks for playing!

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

Michigan

We're hiring Les Miles. No we aren't. Bill Martin is busy sailing, sorry. Yes we are hiring Miles. Hey wait, let's get RichRod and then throw him under the bus from day 1. Now let's fire RichRod. Who should we get. Let's hire Les Miles. FIRE UP THE PLANE TRACKER! We're totally not hiring Les MIles. Who the gently caress is Brady Hoke? MICHIGAN MAN! Dave Brandon: pizza baron. Wait this guy is terrible. Jim Harbaugh please come home. No, he's staying in the NFL. Stephen Ross is going to spend his money to get him in Miami, not Michigan. There is no way Harbaugh is the coach. HOLY poo poo WE GOT JIM HARBAUGH!

DJCobol fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 31, 2016

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

RumbleFish posted:

Losing to Tennessee in 2013 was an absolutely unacceptable result that destroyed our ability to win the East and compete for a BCS bowl berth

I don't think so. Unless you would have beaten Aurburn in the sec championship game, You would have been screwed out of a BCS bowl berth just like we were. Mizzou won the east that year with 7-1 conference record, but just like 2007, we were penalized for losing in the conference championship game. Alabama had the exact same record as us, but didn't play in the sec chsmpionship game. they got the Sugar Bowl bid over mizzou. It's absolute horseshit that we were screwed once again. But the same thing would have happened to you guys.

I will be pissed off about 2007 and 2013 until the day I die

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
How much do you want to bet Hurd's next team is coached by Lane Kiffin

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
The 2007 Mizzou team played Illinois (who went to the Rose bowl that year) and Ole Miss in nonconference, lost a close regular season game at Oklahoma, and hung around with Oklahoma for three quarters before losing in the Big 12 Championship game. Their reward: a trip to the cotton bowl to play a 7 win Arkansas team. Repeat: Two teams that mizzou BEAT received BCS bids. mizzou played the third place team in the Sec west.

The 2007 Kansas loving Jayhawks played literally nobody in nonconference games, LOST to Mizzou, and didn't even play in the championship game. Their reward? The Orange Bowl.

I saw the Orange Bowl trophy in person when I went to Lawrence (wife's sister is a student there). It was in that moment that I finally understood what it meant to be triggered.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
Harbaugh is confirmed autistic right? I can't accept that someone is just naturally that much of a social weirdo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DJCobol posted:

Michigan

We're hiring Les Miles. No we aren't. Bill Martin is busy sailing, sorry. Yes we are hiring Miles. Hey wait, let's get RichRod and then throw him under the bus from day 1. Now let's fire RichRod. Who should we get. Let's hire Les Miles. FIRE UP THE PLANE TRACKER! We're totally not hiring Les MIles. Who the gently caress is Brady Hoke? MICHIGAN MAN! Dave Brandon: pizza baron. Wait this guy is terrible. Jim Harbaugh please come home. No, he's staying in the NFL. Stephen Ross is going to spend his money to get him in Miami, not Michigan. There is no way Harbaugh is the coach. HOLY poo poo WE GOT JIM HARBAUGH!

You forgot the occasional "what if Harbaugh leaves for the NFL again?" narrative

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Uh...Penn State?

The fact that your program wasn't cratered from space and somehow avoided most of your sanctions is a miscarriage of justice.

I'd take that as a 'win' for you guys.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

SC has gotten at least two or three Tennessee coaches fired, so it'd be pretty amusing if we added another to the list.

b-minus1 posted:

2013 Missouri stuff

Oh yeah, that's certainly possible, which is why I said we lost the chance to compete for a bid. Nothing would've been guaranteed, but because of that unforgivably stupid loss, we didn't even get to try.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Seaniqua posted:

poo poo, I thought I was the only one. This happens to me at least once every year.

:hfive:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hurd is kidding himself if he think that RSing a year to play 1 year as WR/TE at some other school is a better plan for him is ludicrous. If you're done just declare for the draft go be a RB and make your money.

I again will maintain hiring Debord was the choice that'd sink Butch. I dunno Vols, I dunno. Doesn't feel like a great year to replace your HC unless you just wanna give Shoop his shot like he was aiming for anyway. This team has felt offensively like late vintage Beamer groups where they get by on sheer talent overcoming the lack of a real offensive plan by the coaches, which surprise doesn't work against actual good coaches more often than not.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 31, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Korranus posted:

4 Major Applewhite needs to add more than five plays to the repertoire. Defenses are figuring you out, bud.

The Greg Davis offense doesn't have more than 5 plays, sorry dude

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

RumbleFish posted:

We're pretty much the definition of mediocrity (hovering around .500 all-time) with some really bad and really good seasons in the mix. I think some people recall the 0-11/1-10 years and think that's been our standard output when it's not. Regardless, I'm not arguing that our current decline is on par with a Texas-like scenario; just that it was an incredibly rapid fall, which is probably why our fans look like they're overreacting to some. That being said, I do agree that we need to hit on our coaching hires more than we miss because of the conference we're in, having to compete with schools like Clemson for recruits, etc.

Meant to respond to this last night.

You're absolutely spot on. I grew up going to games where the gamecocks were coached by Morrison, Woods, and Scott. It was always a mild rollercoaster. Hell, Morrison had a 10-2 season and two 8-4s... Woods and Scott were more mediocre.

I think a lot of fans are confused bc they're younger and only knew the Spurrier years, thinking that was the norm.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Komet posted:

Tennessee devolving into a dumpster fire right now.

Tennessee has been a complete shitfest for the past decade.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I don't know if I missed other posts, but I am pretty excited about Kentucky going to the SEC championship game with the way the East is falling apart.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

tadashi posted:

I don't know if I missed other posts, but I am pretty excited about Kentucky going to the SEC championship game with the way the East is falling apart.

Yeah the East is nuts this year. Tennessee still has a good shot to go even with their three conference losses.

It's probable that Florida could lose to Arkansas and LSU and that Kentucky could lose to UGA and Tennessee. Which would put UT in to get another rear end-kicking by Bama.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Spintzel posted:

Harbaugh is confirmed autistic right? I can't accept that someone is just naturally that much of a social weirdo

Imagine playing a board game against him.

There comes a point when you can't sugarcoat an obvious personality disorder with "he's just wired to win" platitudes. He's an amazing head coach, though.

tadashi posted:

Florida could very easily lose two of its three remaining SEC games, but right now they're 6-1 with the only defeat coming on the road with an unprepared backup QB transfer from Purdue.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/joshmansour/status/793126673587826688

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Whole milk is gross

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vyst posted:

Whole milk is gross

I'd use it in tea or coffee.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hurd transferring is just baffling. What the hell is he thinking?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i hope florida trips over its own dick so we can beat tennessee by a million again

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Whole milk is my go to for making crepes

I will not apologize

https://twitter.com/CheekNic/status/792930701305929728

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA is bad, and they aren't even watchable in their badness. They exist to have 11 people on the field at all times. (And sometimes they kinda screw that up.)

quote:

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of beauty is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, but indifference between life and death.

Thought this while watching 30K+ Georgia Southern fans flood into Sanford last year, thinking it now. What's there to get mad over anymore? If the coaches and players don't put in the effort, why should I? I'm looking forward to the last three home games because Athens' bar scene will never not be great, and I dig the fall. Maybe I'll hit up the stadium. Maybe not.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Lol Tennessee loving blowssssssssss

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Can't wait until Hurd wins the Heisman and takes Florida to a NCG in 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia's mostly quiet, workmanlike victory on a makeup Sunday at South Carolina might be the most impressive thing they've done all season, frankly.

• Locked thread