Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Week 9 was big for some more undefeated teams losing. Including Boise State, by a late safety forced by Wyoming.

In other news, South Carolina coaching guru Will Muschamp retained his perfect record as head coach against the University of Tennessee Volunteers.

Scarf posted:

Not the best CFB punch, but a solid right cross

LLCoolJD fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

I woke up early to look after the baby. What did I see when I checked the scoreboard but a Cougs rally? Mike Leach forever. 5-0 PAC-12. Wheez approved™.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Scarf posted:

edit: Also this. Not the best CFB punch, but a solid right cross

I assume this was from yesterday's game? I saw only the ending and was curious whether any Muschamp shenanigans had happened.

Noctone posted:

listening to lamar jackson's heisman acceptance speech is gonna be so goddamn funny

Auburn's Cadillac Williams never won the Heisman but his talk was so rough I'll never forget it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Scarf posted:

Will this be Muschamp's first visit back to the swamp?

Yep. Auburn didn't play Florida last season.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Hey guys, 2016 is totally Tennessee's year for the Music City Bowl.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Outcoached by Butch Jones lmbo

Nick Saban lost to Ron Zook. :shrug: Not sure about Nussmeier yet, but we'll keep McElwain, thanks.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Butch is the monorail salesman from the Simpsons

Lane Kiffin is more of a fit for that. Butch is the escalator to nowhere at the end of that episode.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

nate fisher posted:

Tennessee has went from 5-0 to a complete dumpster fire. Zero excuse. I wouldn't have an issue if they fired Jones right now, and let Shoop run the team until they can hire a coach. Not going to happen anytime soon with our lame duck AD.

Tennessee competing with LSU, and potentially Oregon, Southern Cal, and Texas for a head coach would not be a good spot to be in. Unless there's a good fit out there.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Spintzel posted:

Harbaugh is confirmed autistic right? I can't accept that someone is just naturally that much of a social weirdo

Imagine playing a board game against him.

There comes a point when you can't sugarcoat an obvious personality disorder with "he's just wired to win" platitudes. He's an amazing head coach, though.

tadashi posted:

I don't know if I missed other posts, but I am pretty excited about Kentucky going to the SEC championship game with the way the East is falling apart.

Florida could very easily lose two of its three remaining SEC games, but right now they're 6-1 with the only defeat coming on the road with an unprepared backup QB transfer from Purdue.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vyst posted:

Whole milk is gross

I'd use it in tea or coffee.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

The best superpower.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

DJExile posted:

jesus christ, knock this poo poo off white people

I assure you, the dumb name thing knows no racial barriers. They're just not called Bronco.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

wa27 posted:

Poor Western Michigan

Credit where credit is due, but their schedule is dogshit.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

not true, they defeated the Mighty Northwestern Wildcat on the road

Western Michigan and the mighty Illinois State Redbirds can fight like junkyard dogs for the trophy.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

Man, I still can't believe the season that CU is having. If I told anyone we'd be ranked #15 when the first CFB polls came out, during the preseason everyone would have laughed at me....

They're putting together a solid recruiting class, too. Not elite, but better than they've been getting in years past.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

vyst posted:

Indiana is a turrible girl's name.

It's a feminine name. Anna, Diana, Indiana.

Scionix posted:

Here's my SEC prediction: Alabama's gonna win it!!!!!!

Auburn still has the potential to piss in Bama's cornflakes. If Bama wins the Iron Bowl then I certainly don't see anyone from the SEC East stopping them.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Auburn beat Arkansas 56-3 and yet I still question whether Florida can hang with them on Saturday.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Zifnab posted:

Would have been nice to get a pair of games, especially since the "neutral site" in Atlanta will basically be an Auburn home game.

I'd be all for the Gators playing Oregon or Washington at the Seattle Seahawks' stadium to start the season. The West Coast needs to get its act together and organize stuff like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Zifnab posted:

Washington State's done that a few times. Think they stopped for $$$ reasons (and because they kept losing them)

I remember Miami had that pivotal loss @ Washington back in the 2000 season. Same year that Mike DuBose's overrated Bama team got curb stomped @ UCLA, as well. That may have had a chilling effect.

• Locked thread