Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo we beat Baylor? I wonder if we can get bowl eligible.

Edit: Also D'Onta Foreman for Heisman.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's pretty smart because the first punch gave him the leverage to be able to lean into the second punch, but then it's pretty dumb because you're punching a dude in a helmet.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

That's why you gotta uppercut

Teammate's like "Oh how dare you, mister"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I am shocked, just floored, that the SEC East favorite and preseason playoff hopeful has poo poo its pants. Who could have possibly seen this coming?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Isn't "good" better than they've been in like 15 years?

I've got a deep fear of my team turning into Tennessee, and that starts with firing the coach every 3 years.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

There's probably a Boise State coach frantically making phone calls right now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

IIRC, that has been our strategy against Tech for awhile now.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Finally got to watch the game on YouTube, Malik Jefferson got straight robbed on that "forward progress" call at the end.

But we played well. Defense made some good plays and actually got off the field several times, whereas in the past we'd just give up points at every possible moment making every game an unending pit of despair.

I think it's possible we win 2 or 3 more but I don't know if I can dare to dream of winning out, and Strong will probably get fired if we don't win out :(

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

I had no idea what this guy looked like although that name...

https://twitter.com/BobBallouSports/status/793187043341836288?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oh...yeah. That's a dude named Breckyn all right.

I am surprised to find out this dude has a Farah Fawcett haircut.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Xyzik. Pronounced: Zai-zik

This is a real child's name. I met this kid at a friends wedding. The parents said they wanted their kids name to use the least used English letters. Then seemed to mash them up into that. Why for the childs sake they named it incomprehensible garbage :iiam:

Kid's gonna be a warlord come the Mad Max-style apocalypse.

Blue Raider posted:

From Volquest:

I do not post often. I have been a subscriber since 1999. I only bring info that I think that is useful to the board. I have this information indirectly but the source is one with direct knowledge of the entire situation from inside the program. Flame if you choose to flame. No big deal to me. That said everything here makes perfect sense and explains the past several weeks events with no exceptions. Here goes:

When Hurd fumbled at the goal line in the GA game, CBJ got in his face. He told Butch to f$ck off and then said that he was the team and that we would not win another game without him. Got benched of course. Kamara went in but later in the half was gassed and they tried to put Hurd back in but he refused. He eventually went in and scored on the pass before half. After that he came back to the sideline and said he was not going back in the game (to me this explains why he still had his hat at the end of the game. If he had a concussion, he would have had it taken away per protocol).

Next week he no showed practice M-W and came back Thursday (not injured as was reported). When he came back, Butch put it to the team to decide whether he would play. They voted that he could come back but should be suspended for the A&M game (thus he did not travel). Program put out that he was injured to cover that.

At USCjr he was not playing great and Kelly started getting reps and moving the ball. Hurd got PO'd and when Kelly got dinged up they called his number and he refused to go in the game. Carlin went in and then caused the fumble with Dobbs on that series. Dobbs got in Hurd's face on the sideline (not typical for Dobbs) about quitting on the team. He refused to play the rest of the game. Kept his helmet. Not injured.

Sunday night another team meeting to decide what the players wanted to do about him. Several called him out for quitting on the team and being selfish. He then walked out of the meeting. They then made up the transfer story to cover.

I have always admired Jalen for coming to UT and for playing very hard for us. He has helped this team win ballgames. I can forgive physical mistakes and mental mistakes. I could forgive the fumble even though it badly hurt the team. What I cannot forgive is refusing to go in when your team needs you. If this is all true, (and I see no reason to not believe this) we are much better off without him. We need talented players but we cannot afford to have players that are selfish to this degree.

All these anonymous Vol message board fan fiction posts are cool. I look forward to reading what actually happened in 5 years when people are ready to talk about it.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's from VolQuest, it's likely a load of horseshit.

No poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The Big 12 being a full-on trash heap makes it a lot more likely to get two teams from one conference. Just need one champ with two losses and one nonchamp with one loss to make it a close call.

• Locked thread