Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
On the one hand it was nice to see Nebraska play like they belong in the top ten, but on the other hand it really sucked to see them lose a very winnable game due to a one-two combo of lovely play-calling and lovely refereeing.

Silver lining is that they're still in a good position to win the division, as Ohio State suddenly looks very vulnerable and the rest of Nebraska's schedule is relatively easy (although the Iowa game always seems to be tough no matter how good/bad either team looks leading up to it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
listening to lamar jackson's heisman acceptance speech is gonna be so goddamn funny

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

hahahahahaha holy poo poo

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i guess heat of the moment and all that but it always baffles me when dudes punch another player in the helmet

e: in honor of boise state losing today:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
even (especially) if you're playing catch with some co-eds

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Joey Freshwater posted:

I know there's the cliche of the guy in waiting is always supposed to be the next big thing but by all accounts Guarantano is supposed to be really good. Dormandy is the backup right now but Guarantano red shirted and I'd bet he beats Dormandy out for the starting position next year.

He's basically Dobbs but a better runner and more accurate. He also is apparently becoming something of a leader in the locker room, even as a freshman. He's been seen on the sidelines pumping players up and interacting with the crowd. I don't know that I've ever seen Dobbs have any sort of emotion one way or another, so that would be good to have in a QB as well.

Hard to show emotion without eyebrows

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

R.D. Mangles posted:

I haven't watched the Ohio State-Northwestern game yet, but I am assuming that Ohio State is not very good and the Northwestern Wildcat will easily roll to victory against the feeble Badger, once again preserving their impossibly hilarious streak of beating Wisconsin in Evanston since 1999.

That would make Nebraska's path to the CCG much easier so yes please do that.

There is no person in the world I would like to give a swirly more than this fucker.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
pretty sure for the vast majority of players it's an opportunity to make it to the NFL, education is secondary

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
A&M at #4 feels like the committee is actively trolling everyone.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
yeah this is nothing new under the sun. the committee takes the piss right up until the last couple of weeks

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
personally i'd like a 6 team playoff with a bye for #1 & #2. there should be some kind of reward for being a cut above the rest.

e: also any playoff system with an auto-bid for the highest ranked G5 team better have some kind of minimum ranking for said team.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thoguh posted:

My only thing about a 6 team playoff if that a bye would be an insanely huge advantage for the #1  teams. And since the difference between 2-4 is generally the committee's whims that day (I leave out #1 because there is usually 1 team that made it through undefeated or at least clearly above the rest of the pack) I don't think that's really fair to #3 and #4.

Eh true I suppose. Maybe (lol yeah right) the committee would take a little more care in selecting #2 in that situation.

I'm mostly concerned about it from the perspective of a G5 autobid, since they would almost always end up being the lowest seed. I think it'd be kind of bullshit to subject the #1 team to a single-game elimination (where any weird fuckery can happen) against a team that probably doesn't really deserve a championship shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
lol ok weirdo

• Locked thread