Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I kind of hate that Engineering Explained kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Megasabin posted:

Not sure this is the correct place to ask, but I've never been in this sub-forum before, and I didn't see any other obvious thread about it. I'm looking to purchase an audio dashboard to replace my radio, namely one that will allow my iphone to connect wirelessly. Is there a thread where I could get product recommendations for that?

Can it shoot fire

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Phone posted:

He seems like the dorky kid you picked on at school because he insisted on lecturing you about poo poo you don't even care about.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Olympic Mathlete posted:

He seems like the dorky kid you picked on at school because he insisted on lecturing you about poo poo you don't even care about.
The problem is that he can take a topic that would be fascinating and make it incredibly dull.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
He presents stuff pretty clearly and accurately, which is way, way more than can be said for the majority of Youtube car people.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He doesn't even explain things well because his lens of the world is through his A+ that he got in AP Physics. That said, I'm kind of surprised that all of his videos don't start with "you place a ladder against the house on a frictionless surface," but I don't want to imagine that reality.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I'm gonna let someone else open the December chat thread, since I want to avoid offending our Australian brethren.

Siochain posted:

That last part is huge. I'm glad my new job is 99% left at work. I'll bring the laptop home on weekends ~just in case~, but I haven't even booted it when home yet. Albeit in theory I'm on-call, we get about 2-3 calls a year on weekends, and nobody will care if I don't pick-up. If I do, I'll get comp time out the rear end for it, so I kind of hope I get a few and can snag a day or two extra off here and there :P

I'm always online, mainly because that's how I de-stress for the most part, but my project manager is pretty clear: If the client asks us to do weekend work, its overtime.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Megasabin posted:

Not sure this is the correct place to ask, but I've never been in this sub-forum before, and I didn't see any other obvious thread about it. I'm looking to purchase an audio dashboard to replace my radio, namely one that will allow my iphone to connect wirelessly. Is there a thread where I could get product recommendations for that?

can you solder? if so go poke around in my truck thread for a bt amplifier i bought off ebay. works pretty well.

CommieGIR posted:

I'm gonna let someone else open the December chat thread, since I want to avoid offending our Australian brethren.

:quagmire:

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 30, 2016

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

cursedshitbox posted:

can you solder? if so go poke around in my truck thread for a bt amplifier i bought off ebay. works pretty well.

I've now been waiting 5 weeks for my £3 ebay chinese MP3/Bluetooth/USB audio front panel to arrive :argh:

The £5 ebay chinese amp and all the connectors I need have arrived. Its quite frustrating.

I've also bought pretty much an entire gameboy from china and now have all the parts except the case and the buttons - which are the main bits I need in order to start construction

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
First frost of the year and my rear window heater decides to stop working.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The heater in my car has never worked properly. On occasion it'll kick out some heat but only from the side vents and the windscreen one. Centre ones? Nah. When it decides to you can hear the mixer doors moving back and forth spasmodically.

I should really look into that considering how cold it was today. I should've looked at that during the summer but I was kinda concentrating on rebuilding the head and other assorted shite. I want a warm car but not in the whole 'overheat and blow a gasket' manner of summer.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Phone posted:

His early stuff was interesting, but I stopped caring a long time ago about his new posts. And his voice is annoying.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I know that this was a couple of pages back, but when someone was talking about feeling dissatisfied by life and work, but not knowing what to do. I have found a horrible and potentially lethal fix in my own life. Cold turkey quitting massive dosages of psych meds and enduring the misery that is ensuing discontinuation syndrome and subsequent psychotic break. It causes migraines, seizures, insomnia, and all sorts of terrible effects, but it cleared my head and showed me a lot about myself that I couldn't have found whilst on the drugs.
Alternatively, shrooms will accomplish most of the same stuff, but with less misery and it will only take 18 hours of your life instead of ~6 weeks. But the main thing is drastically alter your brain chemistry so that you can think in ways that you legitimately could not have before, and then stare into your own soul for answers.

Literally the only reason that I have started tapering off of the bupropion instead of cold turkey-ing like the SSRI's is because I was having non-stop tremors and having seizures every 30-40 minutes, so I was afraid of dying in my sleep. And I kept spilling things at work. I'm going to get yelled at by my psych in a week since this was of course done without his knowledge, but I'll see where to go from there.

Psych patients, amirite?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

The heater in my car mostly blows hot, even when the dial is set to cold and the fans are set to off

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

freelop posted:

The heater in my car mostly blows hot, even when the dial is set to cold and the fans are set to off

I think your engine is on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

November 2016 can go ahead and gently caress right off.

• Locked thread