Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

InitialDave posted:

How does that work in the US? Here, it's the kind of thing that should be found in searches before buying, and so it's the solicitors' liability.
I haven't contacted the property lawyer I used to purchase the home yet. I'll find out what my recourse is, if any.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

The Prong Song posted:

I haven't contacted the property lawyer I used to purchase the home yet. I'll find out what my recourse is, if any.
Well, that's good. I know at least one person who bought a house without any separate searches etc, which was just :psyduck: to me. Why would you want to save ~£1k on something that gives you a massive reduction in liability on a six-figure purchase?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

If they're trying to hide who is actually there, I don't understand why they don't tell the protesters to stop sharing their location on Facebook.

Good point. SOme dude on Reddit already showed how easy it is to filter people checking in so the entire exercise is bullshit.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Rhyno posted:

Good point. SOme dude on Reddit already showed how easy it is to filter people checking in so the entire exercise is bullshit.

When I first started seeing them, I figured it was the same kind of meme trolling as those "by posting this I declare that Zuck himself must blow me if FB ever uses my pictures for marketing" posts but targeting slacktivists instead.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Safety Dance posted:

What I have heard (and what Snopes has debunked) is that law enforcement agencies are trawling facebook to target protesters, so by checking in at Standing Rock, you're making yourself a red herring to obfuscate protesters that are actually there.

I get the point is to obfuscate who's actually there but it seems a very roundabout and overly complicated solution to the problem. If you don't want to advertise you're actually there, don't say it on social media?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

I get the point is to obfuscate who's actually there but it seems a very roundabout and overly complicated solution to the problem. If you don't want to advertise you're actually there, don't say it on social media?

I highly doubt anyone actually protesting is checking in on Facebook.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

slidebite posted:

I too would be curious about this. Doesn't your offer to purchase, let alone title say the land location as "In the city of" or something like that? Did the property taxes not even come up in purchasing?

Sounds like an epic cluster.

I think it depends on a number of circumstances. I've lived in two places (one rented, one owned) that were mailing address representative of one town, but physically in another town. When it came to purchase/sell the one I owned, it caused a few people to trip up during the process, and some paperwork had to be redone. I'm surprised it didn't come up before.

Either way, that sucks man. :(

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

The Prong Song posted:

At any point did you tell your real estate agent you specifically wanted to avoid buying a property in the city its actually in? Generally the reason you hire a real estate agent is because they're supposed to know to look out for things like "mailing address is in X city but the property is actually in Y city." After that responsibility should fall on the title agency - part of their job is ensuring all the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted when filing paperwork for property sales -, but they might not mention it if not specifically asked, and there are so many pages to review that are written by lawyers to be read by lawyers it would be really easy to miss such a detail if you aren't an attorney yourself or hired one to sit with you during the review and signing process.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 251 days!)

..and now for something completely different..

SAABDog is slowly regaining feeling, still, over a year and a half later. Her most recent affectation is to blast a nasty fart, get up, and stumble like hell away from it. :3:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

drat you Americans, it isn't November in you country, leave this work to New Zealanders or us Aussies :mad:

I had an Aussie themed one to do with the end of the production of the Falcon in my head as well :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol. Just got a message from Facebook that my post about people checking in to Standing Rock was found to be offensive and has been removed.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

Lol. Just got a message from Facebook that my post about people checking in to Standing Rock was found to be offensive and has been removed.

The Twits were twaddled, and the tumblers triggered. Social Media In-force(ment) 2016.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Rhyno posted:

someone is probably trolling you by reporting your posts whether they are against the rules or not. FB enforcement is ridiculously stupid and not uniform at all, I've seen them ignore reports about pics that blatantly have racist poo poo, nudity, and/or swastikas involved (I amuse myself sometimes by reporting such posts in awful redneck groups and watching the rednecks get in internet fights about which one of them did it) but happily ban people for no reason just because enough people reported their post.

Also, this talk about 2016 sucking is bullshit, 2016 is the best year yet and aside from the election I hope it is repeated every year in the future.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Guess this thread was just set to a different daylight savings standard

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Oh, hello from the past. This is awkward, we still have close to 9 hours left until November.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Sorry I'm dumb, what do you mean the house isn't in the right city? I assume you didn't buy a house you've never seen so you know where it is physically, is it on land that comes under one township and you thought it was in another?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
What part of a day early didn't you get?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

My house is right on the border of two towns. My mailing address is for town A but all my city services are done by city B. My property taxes are kinda interesting because they're prorated and divided between the two places so some goes to a library in one town and some goes to a park in another and I think I pay a bit to each school system. I pay less than if I lived in city B for real but more than if I was in city A. Most importantly if I was a couple blocks over I would fully be in town A and wouldn't be able to get service from the excellent ISP I have now.

So it all worked out for me but it's probably a good idea to get a copy of the property taxes before buying a house and also check into all the city services if the house is near a border or outskirts.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rhyno posted:

Facebook's priorities are loving weird, man. One of my friend's videos got took down within minutes for reasons unknown, it was a car video with some music, nothing illegal.

...some other dude shares a video of a woman making GBS threads into a cup and some other chick licking it and it stays up for a couple of days.

Odd.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Facebook's priorities are loving weird, man. One of my friend's videos got took down within minutes for reasons unknown, it was a car video with some music, nothing illegal.

...some other dude shares a video of a woman making GBS threads into a cup and some other chick licking it and it stays up for a couple of days.

Odd.

Back in March somebody put the entire Deadpool film up and it stayed for like 3 weeks. Nobody at FB gives a gently caress.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
anyone tracked an aw11 mr2 before?

i found one up with a smallport and rego for $2k aud, and im tempted

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

This is an outstanding looking cat, orange cats are the best ones of course

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Odd.

Music was probably the key, the automated copyright bots got to it. Pretty sure you can murder someone on camera with a chainsaw but whatever you do don't put background music! That's stealing.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Pooch pics:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

CommieGIR posted:

I am not a dogge person. But this is our family dogge, Frank. Push the button, frank.

I only see an error message.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

You know, I didn't even think about that :ughh:

Is it too late to post dogge photos? Cause I've got some dogge photos:

This is not the first time he's caught a treat on his back.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

mariooncrack posted:

This is not the first time he's caught a treat on his back.

Hey.. furry isn't cool.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

Rhyno posted:

actually when i was protesting one of our lovely govt torture camps we encouraged people to check in so we had an idea of numbers for water supplies n poo poo. our cops are fortunately too busy defecting people with nice cars to actually enforce property law.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Finally decide to not be grumpy, and actually celebrate a holiday.

Last year...kids everywhere. This year haven't loving seen one.

This is why I don't try.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

iwentdoodie posted:

This is why I don't try.

The restraining order probably helps.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

150+ kids in the last 1:30

Might blow well over 200 this year

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My coworker's wife just posted on FB that she's having a car problem. When she puts fuel in her 1992 Olds Silhouette, it leaks out onto the ground. She is not technically minded and it's dark so she can't tell where the leak is but I'm guessing the filler neck or the actual tank has rusted out somewhere. Anything I might not be thinking of?

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.
Unlikely on a vehicle that old, but if the roll over flaps that "seal" the tank and prevent the gas from draining out have triggered. they'll prevent new gas from effectively entering the tank, and it will quickly overflow out the filler neck.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

West SAAB Story posted:

The restraining order probably helps.

We're one of like 4 houses on a street of 30+ that even have the light on.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

iwentdoodie posted:

We're one of like 4 houses on a street of 30+ that even have the light on.

You made the decision to move to Detroit..

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

West SAAB Story posted:

Hey.. furry isn't cool.

Furry bacon is still bacon.

slidebite posted:

150+ kids in the last 1:30

Might blow well over 200 this year

I'm starting to wonder if there's that many kids in the neighborhoods around me now. We had a bag of 150 pieces of candy and I don't think we touched half of it. I think we started giving out multiple pieces of candy to kids.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

West SAAB Story posted:

You made the decision to move to Detroit..

I live in socal.

But keep trying.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

mariooncrack posted:

Furry bacon is still bacon.

I'm starting to wonder if there's that many kids in the neighborhoods around me now. We had a bag of 150 pieces of candy and I don't think we touched half of it. I think we started giving out multiple pieces of candy to kids.

I decided to just put my candy out this year since I'm dealing with two damaged dogs(tm). Someone's precious crotchfruit decided they deserved the whole drat thing in the last half hour; anyone left can look for the dickhole with the full bag of candy.

iwentdoodie posted:

I live in socal.

But keep trying.

I don't actually pay any attention to you or your life- but since you took a potshot, I figured I might as well be neighborly and do the same. Happy pooping!

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Happy halloween you time traveling goons. Took my sons trick or treating and there was a huge number of kids. The weather wasnt cold as balls and rainy like it was the last three years. Lady Gagas new song A Yo is strangley addictive. And i wish to drill out my ears because my wife is watching some gypsy wedding show...Its halloween i wanna watch silver bullet....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
My parents exceed 800 pieces a night and tend to run out by 8.

That neighborhood is insane.
No one comes to my apartment.

• Locked thread