Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
If anyone's stuck for something to do, check out the Age transition post. There's a bunch of stuff to meddle with in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Kind of waiting for a reply from Iron Chef Ramen, but getting a bit nervous with the time limit, and probably want to do something about the flooding. If not a pemranent solution for the 'apocalyptic flood' I might at least do something to do something about the temporary floods

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Haha, Styx ate the Dean didn't he :allears:

Also, if I make a Demigod of Virtue for the purpose of managing my Lawspeakers and my religion in general for me so that I don't personally have to bother, can I use Judgment? Taken that Julia's 'religion' is basically just informing dudes on the Terms and Conditions of said Judgment?

As for my actions, I might try to consolidate the Lawspeakers a bit and have them focus on the Pantheon as a whole (we can keep Ananke a secret though if she wants to be~). It will also function as the 'reveal' for the soul annihilation thing since Julia will naturally relay that info to the lawspeakers, taken that she does not consider it a big deal at all.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Shogeton posted:

Kind of waiting for a reply from Iron Chef Ramen, but getting a bit nervous with the time limit, and probably want to do something about the flooding. If not a pemranent solution for the 'apocalyptic flood' I might at least do something to do something about the temporary floods

I'll have something up in a few hours. Working working working.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Posted something in regards to you, Shogeton. I'll have other stuff up tonight.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I'm alive and following the thread. It's just Thanksgiving. I'll be able to post again tomorrow.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:smith: well with a +2 that was a bit of an ambitious project. This would have been a time where I could have used that delayed action thingy if it did still exist. Goddamn mortals.

Theantero posted:

Haha, Styx ate the Dean didn't he :allears:

Ananke was the Dean :ssh:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Fathis Munk posted:

Ananke was the Dean :ssh:

Oh yeah :downs:

In my defense, I was really tired when I read that update.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well I was really tired when typing that up on a phone so maybe some parts are not super clear.

Ah, at least Oxenhearth is still standing and might become something more akin to Ananke's vision someday.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Sorry, been a little busy as well, but I'll try to figure out something for Faustus to do later today.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Don't worry about making a complete story this Age - I think we can use it as setup for the next. A sort of "everything's going a-okay!" Age.

Theantero posted:

Also, if I make a Demigod of Virtue for the purpose of managing my Lawspeakers and my religion in general for me so that I don't personally have to bother, can I use Judgment? Taken that Julia's 'religion' is basically just informing dudes on the Terms and Conditions of said Judgment?

As for my actions, I might try to consolidate the Lawspeakers a bit and have them focus on the Pantheon as a whole (we can keep Ananke a secret though if she wants to be~). It will also function as the 'reveal' for the soul annihilation thing since Julia will naturally relay that info to the lawspeakers, taken that she does not consider it a big deal at all.
Judgement works for that.

At the moment the Lawspeakers are relatively diffuse, leaderless, and in some cases unfortunately prone to corruption.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I was wondering about the AP pool of Demigods. The two we currently have are only listed as having FP. But if they have no AP, what is the purpose of them having domains?

EDIT: Also, is there any other malus associated with FP other than that other gods can get a single +2 on actions against you if they exploit it? What's stopping me from cheesing the game by, say, making 10 actions purely with FP and a +6 bonus on all of them and gaining 40 FP points as a result?

Theantero fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 26, 2016

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Good spot - demigods get half as much AP as gods, rounded down. They'll act on your discretion, but otherwise follow their own aims based on their backstory/personality/Apex/Hunger. For example, Margaret invented the Panacea on her own initiative.

As for FP... yes, there are other mechanics for it ~backstage~. They haven't been triggered yet.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Theantero posted:

I was wondering about the AP pool of Demigods. The two we currently have are only listed as having FP. But if they have no AP, what is the purpose of them having domains?

EDIT: Also, is there any other malus associated with FP other than that other gods can get a single +2 on actions against you if they exploit it? What's stopping me from cheesing the game by, say, making 10 actions purely with FP and a +6 bonus on all of them and gaining 40 FP points as a result?

UnCO3 posted:

As for FP... yes, there are other mechanics for it ~backstage~. They haven't been triggered yet.

Which isn't to say that you shouldn't try to.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer
Given the Age ends tomorrow, I've sent in some prayers for y'all!

Best of luck onwards!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

I wonder if we'll get some end of the age TWEEST before the end, or if I can just focus on making my other demigod.

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

UnCO3 posted:

Also, NPC gods (including demigods) can receive prayers too.

Oh hey, forgot about this. Might send in a few more prayers by tomorrow if I can make it!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ananke steps out of the shadows, kinda.

I'll keep my last 2 AP for tomorrow, gonna see what happens til then.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry about this age. It's been a week between Thanksgiving and work. Got something up with my prayer for the age.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
No worries, I think we're all just setting stuff up instead.

AP/FP count:
Ananke - 2/6AP, 3FP
Faustus - 1/6AP, 3FP
Galarian - 2/6AP, 4FP
Iokana - 2/6AP, 2FP
Lady Julia - 1/6AP, 3FP
Nochtli - 4/6AP, 2FP
Total - 12/36AP, 17FP

I'm not going to be able to post between now and the end of the Age, so add anything else you want to do and I'll sort them all out in a single update.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Scribbleykins posted:

Which isn't to say that you shouldn't try to.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

Time to start finding out. Gonna collect all that FP and turn into an Atrocity. :v:

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Prayers for demigods sent.

And y'all are doing stellar work at making my poor prayers out of date. :v:

Although Ananke's new Cycle of star-crossed lovers... that one might just play into things.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

A bit on my second Demigod.

Archangel Alyciel

Apex Domain: Virtue [+2]: Alyciel is the herald of Julia's law, and of the laws of the Pantheon at large. Her purpose is to teach people how to commit good deeds (read: how to get into Heaven or the other assorted 'nice' afterlives), and try to instill such goodness in people as well.

Hunger: Dogma: Alyciel is a huge nerd and tryhard, and just really into Julia's Law. Her ideal world would be one where everyone does everything exactly as she wants it to be done all the time, to the letter. I mean, it would get them to heaven, right? So a bit of forcing would be for their own good in the end, would it not? Julia, of course, does not take super kindly to such extreme measures, not only because that would be entirely against the purpose of the Halls: Guide and inform yes, but forcing would be overstepping our purpose and authority.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Closing on actions by Ananke, Faustus, and Lady Julia.

Galarian, Iokana, and Nochtli still have 2AP left each, if you guys want to use them, but I'll be updating in a few hours.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
I'll be posting soon.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Will post, but working from the asusmptions there will be left some soulless corpses after Julia's action.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Iokana, together we will create the Morlock Ninjas.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
And that's the close of Age 2! Update and age transition posts incoming. Nochtli and Faustus will each gain 1AP at the start of Age 3 due to answering prayers at the end of Age 2.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

UnCO3 posted:

And that's the close of Age 2! Update and age transition posts incoming. Nochtli and Faustus will each gain 1AP at the start of Age 3 due to answering prayers at the end of Age 2.

Wait, you can steal other Gods' prayers?

Neat :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
The prayer was never addressed to Ananke since she had not revealed herself at all. I actually called it out in this thread that it was addressed to everyone but her :v:

Fathis Munk posted:

gently caress yeah that was a nice conclusion.

Also of note is that the prayer in my sum up is directed at all of you since Ananke didn't show herself.

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 29, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

The prayer was never addressed to Ananke since she had not revealed herself at all. I actually called it out in this thread that it was addressed to everyone but her :v:

...Oh huh, you're actually right. I even went back and double-checked that prayer before I made my post and I still didn't read it right. Oh well! I wasn't actually intending to get a bonus AP, just wanted to fix the situation in Stonehallow, but I ain't complaining.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Iokana, together we will create the Morlock Ninjas.

Well it was this or jump on the demigod train.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

:f5:

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
UnC03, did you get mad at us for posting a bunch of poo poo right there at the end of the age? Cuz we're sorrrrryyyyyyy

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I dreamt tonight that Ananke was killed offscreen in the age transition for some reason :smith:

My dreams are odd at the moment.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

"Gee Boss, I already said I was sorry. But like, you can't seriously say you weren't curious too! It's real shady how she never lets anyone in, I mean, what does she keep there??"

"The Orrery is off limits due to the precision instruments housed within, Sharon. As attested by the World Clock that you destroyed, and that, might I add, your apologies won't fix."

"Hehee... well, at least we have some time off with the universe frozen in time right? Like you could down a margarita or two without anyone blaming you for drinking on the job you know?"

"Well, I suppose there is a silver lining here for me, true. But as for you?"

"...aww man..."

"The Vestibule could use a scrubbing. Here's a toothbrush."

This non-canonical interlude brought to you by my boredom.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha I want this to be canonical now :v:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Having concluded her business in Stonehallow, Ananke rushes back to the comfort of her orrery to observe how her machinations would work out and - -
Wait a second, that book wasn't lying there the last time...

"What are you doing here? This is not at all your place." Ananke wonders aloud, picking up the book. A collection of the greatest smut stories written across a dozen great cycles. She wouldn't usually let that particular book just lie around. The corner of her eye catches something glimmering on the floor and she puts the book onto a nearby pile. Kneeling down she picks up the brass cog. A cog, here? Just lying around in the middle of the orrery? That's from the world clock, it must have fallen from the platform abo - - oh no.

A piercing wall of anguish and fury is heard throughout all the havens.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Sorry about the massively long wait and lack of info - this week was extremely busy, but now that I'm over the hump there's nothing else to keep me from regular updates through to the end of the game. Age transition will be coming later today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Oh poo poo, looks like we'll have a couple new buddies next age.

• Locked thread