Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Jim and Sam's razzing session on D-Bag yesterday cracked me up. D-Bag describes a tattoo he has that is Angel Wings with a banner stating "Overcome" and Jim suggests "That's how he likes his chicken."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

bunky posted:

Nah. He was on the Bonfire not too long ago and was doing his alpha male extreme bullshit still. It blows my mind that Sirius would give him a channel with this much weight.

He's crazy Bisexual now. So theres that.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Yeah - I don't think Opie's show is bad at all these days.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

well let me know if opie goes insane or something today because of faction talk branding happening. this show is absolute trash and I can't stand to listen to it any more.

Nah, his show is good today. He's got Vinnie from the Jersey Shore on and Craig Gass and Sherrod are asking him a thousand questions about banging chicks. Other stuff too but it keeps coming back to banging chicks. They also did a ranked list of who Vinnie thought was the dumbest on the show.

As far as I heard in the first hour or so, no mention of the branding change. My biggest beef with it is that they took away Sam and Jim for the time I normally listen, 11-2. Now I'll have much less in the way of chances to listen to the show since I don't start my driving job until around 11 if I work during the day, which I do more than I work at night. Lame.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

jerkstoresup posted:

Opie's gonna get bumped into the basement, Milton style.

They could bump Sam and Jim back to 7-10, get rid of the weird best of Ellis or whatever they run 2-3, and run Ellis 10-1. That would keep Opie 3-6 and 6-9.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I think E-Rock is off the table because otherwise the table would break.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Opie's show isn't bad, but I like Vic, Sharad Small, and the Mad Cuban who seem like they are on the show near every day. If I didn't find those three listenable I probably wouldn't be able to listen. Also, the show is way too self-congratulatory and stuck up about itself.

As for that article, it seems like bullshit aside from it being likely that Sirius won't renew Opie or vice versa. I doubt Howard would have much to do with getting Opie fired. Its more likely to be Opie's reported unwillingness to work with Sirius's negotiations and the fact that he refuses to toe the line when they give him instructions.

One thing I do like about Opie's show is his "cooking" rivalry with the Cuban where Opie continually makes really idiotic claims about his cooking and it enrages Carl to no end. The only problem is I am not sure how fake that bit is on Opie's side. Because if he really cooks like he says he does, he is even worse than I imagine.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Bet Paul is running that.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

I don't mind Ellis most of the time except when he's talking about his dumb events he throws and talking about organizing them on the air or anything about motocross or racing or fighting that he gets into. And I am pretty into Love and Heche for some reason I'm not certain of which is his weekend show where he does an hour or two with Anne Heche and maybe his fiancé.

I wish he had any other slot tho and maybe just a Jim and Sam replay in the 11 slot because I am in my car just about every day from 11-5.

I can't even come close to listening to Covino and Rich. I like DiPaulo.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

T Bowl posted:

:lol: he is such a piece of poo poo and should have lost his job. What he did was way worse than Opie. This tells me Sirius was just looking for a reason to get Opie's show off the books.

Who was this?

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Morter posted:

The part that got me more was when he said he wanted to beat Zito up, or something to that effect, because he was a 'dick-sucking human being'. There was definitely an air of a physical threat throughout the whole thing, so I never really bought it when they said it was just a bit or that it was just "words".

That said, the picture that brought this up seems recent, and I'm pretty sure that fight happened a while ago, so what gives?

Probably someone loving around.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

Ant was in the studio today.

Jason is broadcasting from home and again, didn't bother testing the equipment before broadcast.

Ant coming into the building today makes Opie look pretty fishy, like somehow it was Opie preventing him from coming in this whole time.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Which show was Ant on?

And yeah, I thought he was banned for being violent. Apparently not?

Jim and Sam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

"Can't wait for more announcements about how bad our show is being made in front of a hot-dog truck to 9 people". Holy poo poo, Jim.

Also, the first time Ant rang in to The Opie and Jim Show he was left on hold for 20 minutes and then hung up on without Jim even knowing he had called.

Man Oh Man, that was a brutal line. As for Ant calling, he called Opie's afternoon show live from his show and was left on hold, like the first or second day Opie started doing it. Then Jim and Sam had him call them the next day and he talked to Opie on his show that afternoon.

• Locked thread