Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Opie seems to bring in awful yes-men, and it really turns my stomach. I don't even have any hate for ERock because at least he stood up to the Opester once or twice. I tried to watch that interview with Artie Lange because I thought it would be interesting, but Opie kept impressing himself with the dumbest tangents, and then Vic Henley would toothily agree and giggle like a goon and I just wanted to smash his face in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Morter posted:

*cue the boys pressing every fail/negative sound clip in sequence*
*cut to Opie pressing a sound effect that doesn't really relate, then everyone waits for it to finish while the energy leaks from the room*

edit: lmao at Chris Stanley telling it like it is

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Shelby was hilarious as an intern, then got kind of quiet and locked up when he was actually on the show (caught a case of the Fezzies). I think he was literally doing a bad job as a producer, and was too much of a pussy to deal with Ron's criticisms and moodswings even though I'm sure Ron really liked him. I don't think anyone had him pushed out, they just took the opportunity of the new show to drop him and pick up Kokomo Joe who is the better choice at least as far as being a better worker.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnz32eOpS4

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I wonder if Joe has had any good facebook insights lately

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Stefan Prodan posted:

So does Opie actually still have a show?
I really think the execs are too afraid of losing connections to talent, or just the ensuing shitstorm that would come from Opie being fired. If Opie was fired, he would start pulling that poo poo about anyone working or guesting on Sirius being a traitor. He's an rear end and it might be easier to just shove him in a studio somewhere and just keep shrinking his show.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
@opieradio Don't know if the show is gonna make it, BIG WIG Studio Execs couldn't handle my lastest stunt!

*takes 2 week vacation*

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Happy to be wrong about this one, I'd just been hurt so many times before.......

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
why

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjuzxiuIbjs

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Chippah Podacast is great, reminds me of the good times when he banters with Ant- Sam works well with Chip too. Seems like everyone has a rapport with Chip now, and Jim is completely in character. Everyone gets to make bad jokes, and Chip always completely halting or destroying the flow is hilarious and a great trick he picked up from Opie :roflolmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
The first time I ever heard O&A, Jon Stewart was the guest way back in the day on WNEW, so he knows who the boys are. That being said I could tell he didn't like their type of humor, though he was a gracious guest.

• Locked thread