Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I voted for Jimmy Tide.

The man's got clean shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Droopy Goines posted:

One of my favorite moments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zXqxPs_8UE

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Cory Lidle posted:

I hope Michele is on the end because I think her voice is adorable.

Pretty sure she's the red-head in the middle.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Colin Quinn's new Netflix special is great. You should watch it now.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Morter posted:

The Toosh?

The New York Story

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Stokes posted:

they can bring Ronnie B in.

gently caress that. Bennington is doing fine where it is. Keep it as far away from Opie and Jason Ellis as possible.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I just listen to Bennington via an Audible subscription that cost me 1 credit a year.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Sometimes the O&A subreddit comes through. Has been confirmed: Lady Di has died

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Stokes posted:

Jim's new special is so far and above his previous efforts.

So, mediocre?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Last week they were at Moontower Comedy Festival in Austin recording a bunch of stuff with comedians. This week they are on vacation. They should be back Monday.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
So, basically treating Opie like Milton from Office Space.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
That Basquiat painting Ron owns probably just went up in value significantly. One just sold for $110.5 Million, a record for a US artist.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm looking forward to seeing or hearing that Rich Vos roast. I guess Opie either no-showed or wasn't invited, and Anthony was drunk and heckling from the crowd which made him a big target for most of the roasters.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

beep by grandpa posted:

This is going to be REALLY hard to explain but does anyone know what that 2 second clip opie and anthony used to play that I can best describe as a 2 second "commercial bumper" or "we'll be right back" melody. It is exactly 3 notes long and it loving kills me every time they play it. It sounds really old.

Morter posted:

It's The Reading Rainbow bumper

Here's all 3 that I have

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1S9zUlZtSoL

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1JbBcEBtdW1

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0SIRghtF2d7

You're welcome

The best use of it on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poz542UW0B0&t=63s

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
In honor of the final death of O&A, it's time to play what did I learn:

I learned that all my prejudices about New Jersey were misplaced, and the real yankee trash comes from Long island.
I learned that kicking Chester in the liver has a 20 year payback.
I learned that Ant was right, these Mexicans (Roland) really are taking away jobs from white people.

What did you learn?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Did Chris Stanley get his money or what?

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Whether Ron and Fez got kicked off of Opie Radio or moved to Raw Dog on their own, it's one of the best things they ever did. Now Bennington doesn't have to put up with all that scheduling bullshit.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Yup all the songs are intact. Audible has the show split into chapters. The first chapter starts with the show intro and includes everything up to the first break. When it goes to the next chapter you hear the bumper music then the show starts back up. The only ads you hear are live-reads like for Tito's Vodka if they are done before they go to break, but if the live-read is done during the break, between pre-recorded advertisements, that is cut. The show is almost always cut into 3 chapters, and the last chapter always ends with the Tiny Dancer clip from Almost Famous. It's worth the subscription if you don't mind not listening live. They are usually up the same evening as that day's show, but sometimes either the Bennington staff or Audible gets behind and there can be delays up to a few days. It's been on time lately.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Comedy/Bennington-12-Month-Subscription-Audiobook/B002VA9C9W/ref=a_search_c4_1_1_srTtl?qid=1501210583&sr=1-1

Edit: Audible puts up the best-of shows too, not just new shows

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 28, 2017

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
As dumb and hate-able as Bobo is, you have to admit that Mister Maloonigans is a good name for a dog.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Stefan Prodan posted:

I was listening to some older Bennington, and Hicks says his mom died of liver cancer.

I thought the whole reason he got a settlement was that she died of being hit with a manhole cover?

She was near the steam pipe explosion and was trampled by the fleeing crowd. She had numerous wounds and broken bones including both legs. Shortly after that she was diagnosed with liver cancer and her condition added to the difficulty of fighting the cancer, which she ultimately died from. Based on past conversations on the show it sounded like Chris's lawyer was putting forth the case that she could have fought the cancer and lived if it weren't for the steam pipe explosion.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I'm surprised Jon Stewart knows who he is.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
He couldn't handle one with a 90 lb waif in his own house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

• Locked thread