Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing fallout to prepare myself for trumpocalypse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Well there's some November oppo I never imagined.

:stare::hf::stare:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
i want Hillary to win, trump to be killed and his supporters on a list like they sex offenders.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Check out sex book and tax, I guess.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Well there's some November oppo I never imagined.

:stare::hf::stare:

That book is not remotely surprising or shocking at this point in time.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Charlz Guybon posted:

Is this for real?

Yes, but it's important to remember that Trump's real contribution to the novel was probably notes and storylines. He didn't actually write the thing. But all the horrible poo poo probably came from him as orders barked over the phone to the author.

Trump being able to write an actual novel with words and pages would be way more shocking.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Pander posted:

What's the most sarcastic way you can possibly inflect the word "Doctor"?

Like the dean in Ghostbusters. "Doctor Venkman..."

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Jesus I didn't even know about the sex book.

I feel like this election has driven the entire country a little bit insane.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Slippery Tilde

fingats crossed that a talking head compares this to david duke's book Finders-Keepers: Finding and Keeping the Man You Want

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'll believe that when I experience my first non-Trump day in a year and a half and not a moment sooner.
Jesus loving Christ this election. Summer 2015 feels like 4 years ago.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mixodorian posted:

This is my point : would Jill stein, in hillarys shoes, have made the same choices to resulted in human suffering and loss of life? I don't think so... So why does being a goofy hippy within reasonable parameters make her crazy? It's all I ever hear about her and I really don't see how it's anything worth worrying about.

All she said is "we don't know if wifi is harmful and let's keep it away from our kids til we do" the science says we aren't for sure yet, even tho I really doubt it's dangerous. This is what's supposed to lead me to believe that she's a worse candidate than Hillary?

I do not trust someone who is an anti-science crackpot or who panders to anti-science crackpots to make responsible appointments to the FDA, and judging by the polls 99% of Americans agree.

Maybe Jill Stein should stop pandering to crazies and abandon her terrible and idiotic positions if she wants to convince people to vote for her, instead of just whining that everyone else is so mean for not wanting to vote for the dumbest bullshit ever.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

The Wakefield study on autism and vaccines was proven to have fabricated its data in 2010, so it's not totally unreasonable for a non-professional to have been worried in 2008.

Jill Stein, a medical doctor, continuing to pander to believers in a discredited snake-oil salesman's crackpot theories post-2010 is inexcusable.

Holy poo poo hahahahaha. So being anti vax was fine til 2010? I think a lot of people owe that McCarthy lady an apology.

This would work if Jill Stein was anti vax, but you know she definitely isn't lol.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

BGrifter posted:

One more week till we can start getting hype about the midterm elections! Then it's less than a year till the Republican primary process will start. :woop:

To be completely honest, the real fun timeline is as follows:

• November 14: Lame duck session begins. In it, we see whether or not Merrick Garland gets pushed through and whether the outgoing Congress can pass a real budget, seeing as the continuing resolution expires in December.
  • November 15: House Republicans cast their first votes to nominate a Speaker for the 115th Congress. We should know for sure whether Paul Ryan is in trouble by this date.
  • January 3: New Congress sworn in. We find out if Paul Ryan actually manages to survive to serve as Speaker for another two years.
  • January 6: Electoral votes are counted. We get to see how many faithless electors fail to vote for Trump (or Hillary).
  • Mid-January: If Democrats get a majority in the Senate, we find out whether or not the filibuster is toast.
  • January 20: Hillary is sworn in as President.
  • Then the real fun begins, as Hillary prepares her address to her first joint session of Congress, and then Congress has to once again get into the act of budgeting and filling that SCOTUS seat (if Republicans don't permablock it)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Trump Tower posted:

Although she’d lately added blonde mesh highlights to her dark hair, her big, hazel eyes were the same as when they helped to make her famous, and her high cheekbones were the same, and her legs were the same but, as Belasco had already discovered — being two or three pounds heavier than she’d been as a teenager — she now had absolutely gorgeous breasts.

The gently caress are mesh highlights. And two or three pounds gained since high school, what a hag.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Mixodorian posted:

Holy poo poo hahahahaha. So being anti vax was fine til 2010?

Nah, even then most people knew it was BS.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Trump Tower posted:

Jaquim pulled a photo out of his pocket and showed it to David. “Seven kilos already. That’s the clothes you and Mrs. Cove bought for him. He like a lot.” “Seven kilos. Good.” David had no idea if that was good or not, but he knew he had to say something nice. Jaquim pointed to his chest and nodded, “He like his mama’s titties a lot.”

This book is in metric for some reason.

Tiny Brontosaurus fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 1, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

themrguy posted:

Bless me USPOL, for I have Arzy'd.

Is there any truth or substance to the Trump/Russia stuff blowing up on Reddit right now?

It's circumstantial and based on the word of one or two anonymous sources. I'm not going to give it a lot of creedence, and it's why I didn't include it in the OP. The tax return stuff is more substantial, but I already included the bigger bombshell from Oct 1.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Mixodorian posted:

Holy poo poo hahahahaha. So being anti vax was fine til 2010? I think a lot of people owe that McCarthy lady an apology.

This would work if Jill Stein was anti vax, but you know she definitely isn't lol.

Clinton wasn't anti-vax in 2008. "We should look into this possible link" is a much more reasonable position before you find out that the evidence for the link was fabricated by a huckster.

What's Jill Stein's excuse for "I'm just asking questions about vaccines" six years after the autism link was revealed to be a fraud?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mixodorian posted:

As someone with high-functioning Autism, I'm going to have to check if my parents were pro or anti-vaccine before reaching a personal consensus.
Nevertheless the issue seems somewhat silly.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

bhsman posted:

I'm curious to know which goons have already voted or if anyone prefers going on Election Day for the spectacle/tradition.

Small town NYer here - I prefer voting on the day as that's how I did it for Obama and how my parents did it for anyone-but-Bush back in the day (twice!). We're in a tiny enough place that there aren't lines - it's also a very white area, so...yeah. Lots of Trump signs around. :sigh:

Fortunately NYC votes blue so it can carry the rest of us.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

At least you play the part of pseudoscience woooloolooo believer really well: ignore all data and go with what you believe.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Huh, so the crazy lady yelling about Romney losing video was posted at the end of the last thread (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw) and I decided to see what she was up to and how many 'trump that bitch' shirts she owned. Turns out shes a die hard Glenn Becker nevertrump who hates his guts and can't wait for him to lose and has turned on Sean Hannity and Gingrich etc. I was not expecting that.

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Majorian posted:

Nah, even then most people knew it was BS.

Thank you, even my teenage self could go on google and figure that out pre-2010.

I don't know. I can't sleep so I'm on here. I just feel like there is a subset of people who literally cannot accept any criticism of Hillary. I'll be the first to say Jill Stein probably burns sage smudges or whatever. I just worry that this will continue after she is elected and people will be afraid to make any sort of attempt to hold her feet to the fire over the inevitable bad ideas she comes up with.

Such as, no fly zone over Syria. Bad enough on it's own, but the news of John Podesta telling gulf staters Hillary will take action against Iran and the US finally admitting Iran backs the Houthis coming on the same exact day really puts fear into me. My girl's parents are both Iranians that came over as refugees during the 79 revolution... I constantly have to assuage their fears of action against Iran and it has become increasingly harder to do as Hillary has come closer to the presidency.

Not saying Trump would be any better! Before anyone gets that idea. He'd be worse.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mixodorian posted:

This is my point : would Jill stein, in hillarys shoes, have made the same choices to resulted in human suffering and loss of life?

Jill Stein is completely inept as a politician and as a leader. If anything, Jill Stein would have made different choices to result in more human suffering and more loss of life

Mixodorian posted:

All she said is "we don't know if wifi is harmful and let's keep it away from our kids til we do" the science says we aren't for sure yet

No it doesn't

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

ComradeCosmobot posted:

To be completely honest, the real fun timeline is as follows:

• November 15: House Republicans cast their first votes to nominate a Speaker for the 115th Congress. We should know for sure whether Paul Ryan is in trouble by this date.
  • January 3: New Congress sworn in. We find out if Paul Ryan actually manages to survive to serve as Speaker for another two years.

The Speaker doesn't need to be a Member of the House. I wonder if Donny would be interested in the job. (All hate mail regarding this idea can be sent to Jon Lovett.)

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mixodorian posted:

Thank you, even my teenage self could go on google and figure that out pre-2010.

I don't know. I can't sleep so I'm on here. I just feel like there is a subset of people who literally cannot accept any criticism of Hillary. I'll be the first to say Jill Stein probably burns sage smudges or whatever. I just worry that this will continue after she is elected and people will be afraid to make any sort of attempt to hold her feet to the fire over the inevitable bad ideas she comes up with.

Such as, no fly zone over Syria. Bad enough on it's own, but the news of John Podesta telling gulf staters Hillary will take action against Iran and the US finally admitting Iran backs the Houthis coming on the same exact day really puts fear into me. My girl's parents are both Iranians that came over as refugees during the 79 revolution... I constantly have to assuage their fears of action against Iran and it has become increasingly harder to do as Hillary has come closer to the presidency.

Not saying Trump would be any better! Before anyone gets that idea. He'd be worse.

You are worried an American president won't be criticized enough.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Grouchio posted:

As someone with high-functioning Autism, I'm going to have to check if my parents were pro or anti-vaccine before reaching a personal consensus.

for real you should ask if either of them were on SSRIs up to a year or so before you were conceived since that's still under scrutiny as a possible link (currently weak-ish evidence tho)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tom Guycot posted:

Huh, so the crazy lady yelling about Romney losing video was posted at the end of the last thread (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLoqti0lzAw) and I decided to see what she was up to and how many 'trump that bitch' shirts she owned. Turns out shes a die hard Glenn Becker nevertrump who hates his guts and can't wait for him to lose and has turned on Sean Hannity and Gingrich etc. I was not expecting that.

The best part of the election is Hillary PUMA's from 2008 are all in for Trump. What a tangled web we weave.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

It's not that we can't accept criticism of her, it's that to discard competence, pragmatism, a life of public service, and any number of other factors as totally meaningless to one's suitability for presidency in favor of strict ideological dogmatism is utter horseshit. You're just going full Norquist.

You have an utterly skewed view of the functioning of politics if you expect that kind of ideological adherence to ever deliver political goods effectively. I think Jill Stein would absolutely have produced more real net suffering in the world as sec-state (the only position Hillary has held with the kind of unilateral accountability and authority you attribute to her), all else equal, than :abuela:. Different people might suffer, yes, and you might have an easier time believing that their suffering is the inevitable will of the world, but the burden of proof is absolutely on you to demonstrate how Stein would have even kept up with the paperwork, given her total lack of applicable government experience (300-vote council seat lol).

HookedOnChthonics fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 1, 2016

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

Clinton wasn't anti-vax in 2008. "We should look into this possible link" is a much more reasonable position before you find out that the evidence for the link was fabricated by a huckster.

What's Jill Stein's excuse for "I'm just asking questions about vaccines" six years after the autism link was revealed to be a fraud?

Na, Stein only said she didn't want to ignore her constituents that felt that way. She went on to say she is pro-vaccine and they are important in modern healthcare.

Grouchio posted:

Bless friend, I can't understand what you go through just as many people I argue politics can't understand being black.

QuarkJets posted:

Jill Stein is completely inept as a politician and as a leader. If anything, Jill Stein would have made different choices to result in more human suffering and more loss of life

No it doesn't

Well I think it'd be hard for Jill Stein to beat supporting the Iraq War!

and yes, I've already looked into this before, I couldn't find a single journal that said we knew for sure either way the safety of wi-fi. I posted a recent pubmed in the last thread, go check it out

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

In other fiction news: https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Machine-Destroyer-Warren-Murphy/dp/0451173260

"Buried in his debts, billionaire Randal T. Rumpp makes a deal with a fiend who is intent on sending the Big Apple into the darkest depths of the earth, and only Remo and Chiun can stop him."

I'm told the deal is with a Russian spy who exists only in electronic networks... until Rumpp brings him to life.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

bhsman posted:

I'm curious to know which goons have already voted or if anyone prefers going on Election Day for the spectacle/tradition.

I voted like 4 weeks ago. California VBM uber alles :feelsgood:

...though I did vote for Prop 60 before I realized how much of a hosed nightmare it was. :smithicide:

Gen. Ripper fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 1, 2016

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

You are worried an American president won't be criticized enough.

Oh, Hillary will get more than what could ever be considered humane or fair just for being a woman. I just worry no one will speak up if she decides to nix our trust building with Iran cuz the Houthis (rightfully, imo) hate Saudi Arabia. I also hear from my mother about her March speech in Harlem where she promised social justice for black Americans will be the top mission of her presidency, something she seemingly doesn't care to talk about much anymore.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bhsman posted:

It's not much of a spectacle here. I just go on election day because it's pretty simple. The only thing I'm worried about is my congressman possibly getting booted by the Koch Brothers shill they've been pouring money into.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

HookedOnChthonics posted:

You're just going full Norquist.

Hey now, that's a hefty charge. Are you sure he's a vaping lifestyler?

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Mixodorian posted:

Na, Stein only said she didn't want to ignore her constituents that felt that way. She went on to say she is pro-vaccine and they are important in modern healthcare.

The correct action is to correct then ignore constituents that feel that way. Those constituents are actively harming society. They deserve no pity if they choose to ignore the mountains of evidence saying they're full of poo poo.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Mixodorian posted:

Oh, Hillary will get more than what could ever be considered humane or fair just for being a woman. I just worry no one will speak up if she decides to nix our trust building with Iran cuz the Houthis (rightfully, imo) hate Saudi Arabia. I also hear from my mother about her March speech in Harlem where she promised social justice for black Americans will be the top mission of her presidency, something she seemingly doesn't care to talk about much anymore.

Her presidency hasn't even started yet man. What was your hero Jill Stein going to do for our community? Give all the cops measles?

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Nessus posted:

It's true that under Clinton Rules, one remark nearly eight years ago IS completely and exactly the same as a long-standing political position. Also, good things, bad things, the same, no difference.

"I am committed to make investments to find the causes of autism, including possible environmental causes like vaccines…We don't know what, if any, kind of link there is between vaccines and autism - but we should find out."

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Besides, Stein probably has access to pubmed. That's all any science-respecting person needs to show vaccines are safe and effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

The correct action is to correct then ignore constituents that feel that way. Those constituents are actively harming society. They deserve no pity if they choose to ignore the mountains of evidence saying they're full of poo poo.

Yeah, I agree with this line of thought. Sadly, it doesn't work in reality. The people that would've been off put by a Hillary/Warren ticket or Hillary/Latino or Booker ticket shouldn't be catered to either, and yet we got the white catholic so no one got scared of the diversity.

Her presidency hasn't even started yet man. What was your hero Jill Stein going to do for our community? Give all the cops measles?

I guess what you make of this video depends on how much you think John Podesta can accurately describe Hillary's plans to people, but here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fa8q_g66DU8&t=98s

Even just her admitted plan to install a no fly zone over Syria is extremely alarming to me. Who is flying over Syria? The US, Iran, and Russia as we take turns bombing ISIS... so, idk.

edit: woah I just saw that dig you added in. Yeah she could give them measles maybe. Or maybe she's try to implement parts of Campaign Zero which she supports. Either way, better than Hillary's plan of giving federal training guidelines and not much else and just hoping the cops stop killing black people because they're afraid of too much melanin in one person.

Mixodorian fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Nov 1, 2016

• Locked thread