Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
With Tanev set to return, it's looking like the Canucks actually sending down Troy Stecher instead of admitting they were wrong about Larsen or calling out Tryamkin on his "if you send me down I'm going to the KHL" poo poo.

Larsen can't do poo poo on the PP, the one thing he's there to do, and if Tryamkin isn't willing to accept demotion for his sake then why should the Canucks even bother with him? This fuckin' team is infuriating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThinkTank posted:

The only bit of positive PR that Benning has going for him is his apparent success in the draft, so they've got to make it clear that they've done a good job there.

Giant video screen outside Rogers Arena playing a 5 minute highlight reel of Brock Boeser on loop. Hire me, Canucks PR department.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Man, it was really cool to see the Cubs win tonight. It gives me hope that, though things might be bad, there's hope for the future even for my Canucks.

"They sent Stecher down and lost 3-0 to the Habs."

Oh god.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Infidel Castro posted:

I feel like we are now the bearer of SAS's most pessimistic fanbase now.

Excuse you, CAS is right here.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ImplicitAssembler posted:

It was my impression that they played well yesterday? Once I got home, I was glued to the baseball.

Yeah, I didn't see either but my impression from people I trust was that the Carey Price happened.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

VJeff posted:

Hey Nucks Argument Stadium.

Is one of you @HockeyDipshit? I feel like it's gotta be one of you.

It's not me, but that's the hockey account of @boring_as_heck, good Twitter joke man and co-host of Real Good Show.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Koopa Kid posted:

Canucks have been shut out 4 times in their last 5, so I can only assume they're going to hang 6 on Andersen tonight on national television.

Is Andersen going to die? Because the Canucks are not physically capable of 6 goals

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Gudbranson saying that Matt Martin is "loving dead" after the game.

The last time Canucks #44 swore revenge on somebody went well.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The NHL smells the blood in the water.
https://twitter.com/patersonjeff/status/796083985965191169
I swear to god if Benning trades a top prospect for a win now piece I'm actually done watching Canucks hockey for the next couple years.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Aye Doc posted:

who's the worst 20 goal scorer the Canucks could trade juolevi for? zack smith?

P.A Parenteau after passing him up on waivers

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I'll miss you, Chris Tanev.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
The good news is after we trade Tanev away for somebody who's blown both his second and third chance to get back on track, we're only two years removed from replacing him with Rasmus Dahlin, the greatest defenseman of all time, coming to Vancouver and saving us all.

Yaya fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 16, 2016

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Not only is trading Hutton bad, but the Canucks are somehow spending to the loving cap. There's literally no cap room to do a 1-for-1. It'd have to be Hutton +

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Nucks bad.

Fire Benning, fire Linden, fire Desjardins. Fire Aquilini into the sun.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ImplicitAssembler posted:

That already happened under Torts.

The shots of Luongo on the bench during the Heritage Classic should be put in a museum.

The Lou-vre

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Bring back the glow puck except its shining radiance blinds goalies, making it easier for players to score.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

ThinkTank posted:

It's not terrible or anything, but it's hardly a steal. He's taken a noticeable step back now that he doesn't have Hamhuis to bail him out.

Eh, he's a defenseman in his second year in the league and still developing. He had a great pre-season and is stuck with Gudbranson. Having Hamhuis helped, obviously, but Hamhuis could help anybody.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I don't think anybody predicted Gallant as the first coach fired, let alone being fired at all.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Anyways, the Panthers Method™ is taking Vancouver-based things that the Canucks are too stupid to use themselves so congratulations Travis Green on his new position as Panthers head coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
What site does everybody order jerseys from? I've decided I'm on the Troy Stecher hype train enough to invest in a jersey but I don't love him enough to drop 200 dollars on a custom jersey from the NHL shop.

• Locked thread