Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Some guy on the OCAU forums bet $8900 on Trump winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

KennyTheFish posted:

Thats an odd amount to bet.

quote:

It's a real disease isn't it?

I learned from this election that I am also a degenerate gambler, my first time betting and I'm totally out of control. Up to $8,900 now . I'm going to delete my drat account as soon as this election finishes. I just keep thinking that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make my entire retirement fund lol

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=17364950#post17364950

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

BBJoey posted:

what is it about australian internet forums are utter brainless dickheads

Don't sign your posts.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Malcolm Roberts has a livestream up on facebook talking about climate change.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
World hosed, so what?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Some Liberal right winger will be emboldened by this and launch a leadership challenge.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 9, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/796587922564608000

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

hooman posted:

Seen on channel 9 last night:

"Centrelink disaster, millions of calls left unanswered, spare a thought for the call operators, how do they cope?"

*shoots torrents of blood out of eyes*

They will also do stories about the tragic disabled (white) person that has been denied a pension for some absurd reason. It's weird.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Amoeba102 posted:

So how long until Bernardi makes a change to the House?

Never, he's been playing this game for years.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

A exhibit about the Great Barrier Reef is showing in Brisbane called "Wild State"

Ok here is the punchline

It is at the Queensland Museum and funded by BHP.

I'll check it out after I look at the coal mining exhibit and the state of origin merchandise collection.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Can anyone explain to me what direct instruction in teaching is and why it is so beloved by right wingers?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Lol Malcuck Prepbull has been banned from the gay and lesbian mardigras

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

wololo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Synthbuttrange posted:

What happens to further arrivals?

Excuse me we have stopped the boats.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Whatever you do don't go in the Australian GBS thread.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Treasurer Scott Morrison is on the mend after emergency surgery, for an undisclosed ailment, in Canberra Hospital.

Suspicious timing eh.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Rod Culleton aide claims James Ashby threw phone

Pauline Hanson has downplayed allegations that her adviser James Ashby threw his phone at fellow One Nation Senator Rod Culleton’s Chief of Staff, saying it was an underarm throw which has been “blown out of proportion”.

Mr Ashby is accused of having walked into Senator Culleton’s Parliament House office last Wednesday morning and arguing with his chief-of-staff Margaret Menzel over a proposed Facebook livestream.

“That is completely blown out of proportion,” Senator Hanson told the Seven Network this morning.

“He is accused of something. He was underhand throwing. It was completely blown out of proportion,” she said.

“It was an underhand throw. That is the news of the day, heaven help us, how my advisor threw his phone underhanded.

“How pathetic it is, if you want to talk about something else, but if this is more important to the nation, go ahead.”

James Ashby threw phone

Pauline Hanson’s high-profile ­adviser James Ashby has been ­accused of “losing the plot” and throwing his mobile phone at senator Rod Culleton’s chief of staff.

In another sign of One Nation’s escalating tensions just four months after the election, Mr Ashby, who Senator Hanson has jokingly described as her “adopted son”, is said to have walked into Senator Culleton’s Parliament House office last Wednesday morning and argued with his chief of staff Margaret Menzel over a proposed Facebook livestream.

Ms Menzel told The Australian she had asked Mr Ashby to set out his proposal in writing.

According to Ms Menzel, the ensuing argument became personal and repetitive, until Mr Ashby “completely lost the plot” and threw the phone in her direction.

Ms Menzel was not hit by the phone. “My reflexes are pretty good for an old chick,” she said.

The incident, which was allegedly watched by two of Senator Culleton’s other staff but not the senator himself — has been reported to parliamentary officials.

The incident came after Senator Hanson’s apparent abandonment earlier in the week of Senator Culleton, who is facing High Court action over the eligibility of his election.

Ms Menzel said she feared the phone incident was a sign that One Nation’s promise to be different from the big political parties was proving hollow.

Mr Ashby did not respond to The Australian last night.

Two days before the alleged ­incident with Ms Menzel, Mr Ashby had intervened in One ­Nation senator Malcolm Roberts’s press conference when journalists asked questions about Senator Culleton, who is said to be under pressure to quit on the grounds he is discrediting the party.

In both the Senate and on Sky News’s The Bolt Report last ­Monday, Ms Hanson said Senator Culleton should face the High Court.

He would “not be too happy” with her for saying so, Senator Hanson added.

Ms Menzel said problems within the party had been escalating for some time. Senator Culleton, Ms Menzel said, had lacked support and had been treated “abominably”.

“The greatest endorsement is that every single party decided he was a threat because he’s determined to tell the truth,” Ms Menzel said. “And if I’ve got to cop my bit of stick because of it, so be it.

“He’s not going anywhere without doing everything we can do to ensure that he sees through every promise he’s made to everybody across the nation, particularly in Western Australia.”

Ms Menzel emphasised relations were good between Senator Culleton’s office and One Nation colleagues Malcolm Roberts and Brian Burston.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...82eb5fbe1c19939

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.afr.com/business/retail/inside-harvey-normans-losing-franchises-gerry-harveys-mystery-mr-fixer-20161107-gsjz44

Here is a good article about some interesting accounting processes at Harvey Norman.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
The bridgeclimb costs like 300$ it's not for battlers like us.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
:vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine: :vomarine:

quote:

Ex-Queensland premier Campbell Newman spotted in talks with One Nation adviser

Former Queensland premier Campbell Newman has shrugged off the significance of a meeting with One Nation's chief adviser, days after predicting the next government in the state would need to form a coalition with the Pauline Hanson-led party.

Mr Newman, who made history by losing the 2015 state election just three years after sweeping to victory in a landslide, has largely refrained from publicly commenting on state politics since returning to the private sector – until recently.

Speaking to Sky News on Monday, Mr Newman said the next Queensland election would be decided by One Nation, with polls showing voters are still undecided about both major parties, while support for Senator Hanson's party continues to grow.

"So the next government in Queensland will have to be a coalition government with One Nation," he said, adding that he believed Senator Hanson was an "older and wiser politician than 20 years ago".

"You can talk preferences all you like; they are going to win enough seats," he said.

Three days after making the comments, Mr Newman was spotted walking out of Waterfront Place in Brisbane where Senator Hanson has her offices with her chief adviser, James Ashby.

"I'm a political commentator these days," he told Fairfax Media. "I was interested to know what their policy positions are."

Mr Newman described the meeting as happenstance.

"I won't deny I met him," he said. "I do a lot of business on Waterfront Place; the lawyers and bankers I work with are there.

"I happened to see him and had a chat to him."

Mr Newman denied he was planning a comeback to Queensland politics. His return to a commentary role has been greeted with unease by some of his former colleagues, although the move has been welcomed by his supporters within the party.

One Nation's impact on the coming Queensland election – due by early 2018 but widely expected in September or October next year – has both major parties worried, with Labor and the LNP stepping up their regional profile.

One Nation won 23 per cent of the vote in 1998 and 11 seats in the unicameral Parliament.

Annastacia Palaszczuk's Labor party governs with the support of three independents, with both the LNP and Labor holding 42 seats each.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/fed...117-gsril7.html

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

One Nation is hungry for recognition, doing so would make them "The" Third Party in QLD.

Internal polling is rumoured to be putting them at 20% Primary Vote at the next State Election, The LNP forming an Official Coalition Agreement with them pretty much means the LNP wins the next State Election.

Probably most Elections after it as well.

But Queensland would become an uninhabitable wasteland.

E: Annastacia's compulsory preferential voting gambit not looking so clever now, the LNP and one nation could have killed each other off in three cornered contests, now they can combine to create an enormous monstrosity of gently caress.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Nov 17, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lid posted:

In the post Trump world it is remarkable Asian's have gone from being "one of the good ones" to people no longer pretending it matters, so right back to gently caress off you're fulling us. I expect a Bill Leak cartoon shortly that is not at all racist.

https://twitter.com/BLeakEksplayned/status/799400053282455553

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Dutton, the lnp in general actually uses a lot of thought terminating cliches

Some races are just inherently criminals, at last I see!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Forgot to add you werent exaggerating with the 14 words bit

"We'll decide who comes to our country, and the circumstances in which they come"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Dog:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/woman-pleads-guilty-to-bestiality-with-her-dog-drug-trafficking-20161118-gsslp5.html

quote:

"It might be a sad reflection on society that the bestiality attracts more publicity whereas the serious offence of trafficking cannabis does not"

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Suspect in Commonwealth Bank branch horror an asylum seeker
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...8993c437ae1339b

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What's the bet Dutton leaked this?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Zenithe posted:

OK, Sydney is pretty cool, and the harbour is amazing. Quick question though, there is a really high isolated building that looks like 1970's housing commission right there on the harbour. What is that?

Sirius. The last bastion of anti-gentrification in the Rocks.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mods please change my name to Salamanca Latte Sipper.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Dog:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Why do refos receive a higher UBI than are pensioners?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
All these avatars man.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Federal Attorney-General George Brandis says the Liberal National Party in Queensland is 'very, very mediocre' and suggests the merger between the Coalition partners in the state may need to be reconsidered.

Senator Brandis was caught criticising the Queensland LNP on camera while speaking to The head of the Victorian Liberal Party, Michael Kroger, at its annual general meeting on Sunday.

Seemingly unaware of nearby microphones, Mr Kroger asks Senator Brandis; 'how are things in Queensland, how's Tim Nicholls going?'

'They're not very good...I'd say that the state opposition is very, very mediocre, and the state government is very, very mediocre but the thing that is alarming everyone is, as you would expect, the sudden spike in One Nation which is now at about 16 per cent,' Senator Brandis responds.

'One Nation as you know their strength is in heartland National Party seats, and heartland Labor Party seats, the old industrial seats around Ipswich and western Brisbane.' Senator Brandis says.

'I think there is every reason to believe that they will win quite a few seats in the state election.'

Senator Brandis also raised the prospect of demerging the Liberal and National Parties in his home state due to Labor reintroducing compulsory preferential voting.

'The Labor Party are bringing back compulsory preferential,' Senator Brandis says.

Mr Kroger responds saying; 'oh are they?'

'Yes they are, yes they are... which somewhat attacks the raison d'etre of the merger of the Liberal Party and National Party, I think there might be a revisiting of things as a result of compulsory preferential voting,' Senator Brandis responds.

'Well we prefer optional preferential,' Mr Kroger says.
- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/11/21/qld-lnp-very-very-mediocre--brandis.html#sthash.SHNRgTZt.dpuf

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Cartoon posted:

Joe Hockey in particular was a mistake.

This but unironically.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Can someone tell me what the gently caress is up with Greg Sheridan? He talks like a total wanker.

At university, Sheridan was a close personal friend to Tony Abbott;[2][3] the two attended the Australian Union of Students annual conference in Melbourne together, in 1977

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
IF I believed in reincarnation, I think I’d like to come back as a Joint Strike Fighter. Lean, sinuous, sleek, intimidating, the best in my class. Ah ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Man there are going to be some angry comment writers when those pension changes come in in the new year.

• Locked thread