Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Holy poo poo. Derek Carr went off (I just traded him away) for 500 yards and 4 TDs and Amari got 171 of those.

quote:

:vince: posted:
1) Don't Sit Your Studs. You drafted them high for a reason. Let the player's ADP be your guide for the first 4 weeks or so. Are they putting up a lot of points? Yes? They're studs.
2) Note your scoring settings. Is it PPR? Non-PPR? How many teams? Are there any wacky settings like counting return yards? Be brief but just specific enough for us to get the gist. PLEASE DO THIS!!!!!!
3) Present the options as simply and succinctly as possible. Don't write a novella about how you are on the fence about so-and-so because the weather conditions are yappity-yap and the guy defending him has a fungal infection. Get to the loving point so we can give our thoughts and move on.

Teams on bye: Arizona, Chicago, Cincinnati, Houston, New England, Washington

Players injured: Spencer Ware (concussion, QUESTIONABLE), Alex Smith (concussion, QUESTIONABLE), Jacquizz Rodgers (sprained foot, QUESTIONABLE), Jacob Tamme (shoulder, OUT), Devontae Booker (shoulder), TY Hilton (hamstring), Jamaal Charles (knees, IR)

pubic works project fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm fine playing Tim Hightower in a standard league over Allen Robinson, right?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Anyone else spot-starting Kaep vs. NO this week? I could start Manning vs. PHI instead but I'm so annoyed with Eli at this point that I can't bring myself to do it.

This is in my dynasty league so waivers are picked clean.

.5 PPR, I'm starting Bell and Powell at RB, Crabtree and Evans at WR, and then for Flex I've got Maclin vs JAC, but I could sub in any of: Jalen Richard, Anquan Boldin, Mohamed Sanu, or Antonio Gates. Maclin hosed me every time I started him and then got good points every time I benched him so I'm really frustrated with him, but surely he'll get some points vs. JAC?

mcmagic posted:

I'm fine playing Tim Hightower in a standard league over Allen Robinson, right?

I would. Hell, I'd be close to dropping ARob at this point, so I'd probably start almost anyone over him.

e. I know he just put up 6/70/0 against the Titans, but the Chiefs are a better team, and ugh, it's been so unreliable. And that was on 15 targets! Bortles looks like garbage this year. Maybe trade ARob?

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Nov 2, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I will probably spot Kaep if Ben somehow has a setback. Him or [Browns QB].

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Don't drop Robinson. Someone out there will likely pay at least something for him, and who knows maybe Bort will unfuck his mechanics (LOL).

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Standard, 0PPR

Need a running back to start and this is all I got this week with byes

D. Sproles @ NYG
T. Hightower @ SF

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Nadir posted:

Standard, 0PPR

D. Sproles @ NYG
T. Hightower @ SF

I don't see NO abandoning Ingram so even in 0 ppr Sproles should see more volume.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

0.5 PPR pick 2

Golden Tate @ MIN
Quincy Enunwa @ MIA
Cole Beasley @ CLE

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

shyduck posted:

0.5 PPR pick 2

Golden Tate @ MIN
Quincy Enunwa @ MIA
Cole Beasley @ CLE

Beasley and Enunwa.

Looking for a bye-week fill-in. Nfl.com standard rules.

Miami D v. NYJ
San Diego D v. TEN

Have Miami now for Ftizpatrick pick potential. I guess it kinda looks like a decision between a sub-par defense against a bad qb or an average defense against an average (I think) offense?

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Antone Smith vs. Falcons tonight
or
Ryan Mathews @ Giants Sunday

This is all I have to work with.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Arnold Layne posted:

or

I'd go with Antone.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Standard
D.Murray @SD
Booker @OAK
Ware vs JAX
(Flex)
Gore @GB
D.Henry @SD

B.Marsh @MIA
Cooks @SF

C.Coleman vs DAL

If Ware doesn't play I'll probably start Coleman over Henry or Gore.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Arnold Layne posted:

or

Definitely Antone. The Eagles don't really have a #1 RB. Adding to that, there's a possibilty that Sproles gets a few more looks going forward.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Which of these shitlords should I add and play at TE this week? 0.5 PPR.

Hooper @TB
Pitta v PIT
Ebron @MIN
Doyle @GB
Allen @GB

Leaning toward Ebron, although the Hooper Hype Train seems to be going at full speed.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
non ppr standard

Do I drop either Gillislee or D Henry for Hightower?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

non ppr standard

Do I drop either Gillislee or D Henry for Hightower?

You might have to sit and wait until tomorrow's injury reports to decide. Honestly, I'd rather have Gills and Henry over Hightower either way. Hell, your best bet would be to flip one or both of them to the lead back owners and get yourself a better flex option that way.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

MacheteZombie posted:

You might have to sit and wait until tomorrow's injury reports to decide. Honestly, I'd rather have Gills and Henry over Hightower either way. Hell, your best bet would be to flip one or both of them to the lead back owners and get yourself a better flex option that way.

This is mainly to just cover my rear end for the bye week. I don't like the monday night question of whether McCoy plays or not, since he's practicing

DEAR RICHARD posted:

My team is hurt by the questionable tag and the bye week:

QB-A Rodgers
WR-Dez Q
RB-C West
TE-Kelce
W/R-Gillislee
W/R-Cobb Q
W/R- Montgomery Q
K-McManus
D-Denver
bench
Ware likely out
D Henry
Jeremy Hill bye
Jordan Howard bye

Oh well. I should be okay.

I'm just trying to cash in hard for that one spot :getin:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This is what I'm rolling out with in standard scoring.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - CMike
RB - Booker
WR - Jordy
WR - Evans
TE - Kelce
Flex - Cooks
D/ST - Chiefs
K - Bailey

If Ware ends up playing, who do I start him over? I'm leaning either CMike or Cooks. Do I consider playing Antone Smith tonight or am I high?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Also wondering about Antone Smith tonight. Between bye week hell, injuries and my team just being trash. Yahoo standard 0ppr pick one of:

Antone Smith v Atl
Gillisee @ Stl
Charmander West v Jax

The waiver options are even worse so I'm either going with Smith tonight or hoping one of Ware or McCoy doesn't go Sunday or Monday. Leaning Smith, Jacquizz manged to put up good numbers so if Antone is the one to get the carries he should be ok???

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

There's been no new buzz about Adrian Peterson coming back in time to be meaningful, has there? His last Rotoworld blurb is from like 6 weeks ago. Noticed someone added him today in one league, but she must have just had a bench spot to spare. (not a keeper league)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

dxt posted:

Also wondering about Antone Smith tonight. Between bye week hell, injuries and my team just being trash. Yahoo standard 0ppr pick one of:

Antone Smith v Atl
Gillisee @ Stl
Charmander West v Jax

The waiver options are even worse so I'm either going with Smith tonight or hoping one of Ware or McCoy doesn't go Sunday or Monday. Leaning Smith, Jacquizz manged to put up good numbers so if Antone is the one to get the carries he should be ok???
If Ware is out play Charmander. Oh, I misread your dilemma. I guess it's a coin toss.

pubic works project posted:

This is what I'm rolling out with in standard scoring.

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - CMike
RB - Booker
WR - Jordy
WR - Evans
TE - Kelce
Flex - Cooks
D/ST - Chiefs
K - Bailey

If Ware ends up playing, who do I start him over? I'm leaning either CMike or Cooks. Do I consider playing Antone Smith tonight or am I high?
I think Cooks has a higher ceiling against SF but lower floor than CMike as the lead back.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dxt posted:

Antone Smith v Atl
Gillisee @ Stl
Charmander West v Jax

I'd hold out for West, Ware seems awfully doubtful.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
6 pt passing TDs

Dak @ Cleveland
Mariota @ SD

I have no idea.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I Like Dak this week.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Sorry got another waiver wire RB to consider

Standard, 0PPR

D. Sproles @ NYG
T. Hightower @ SF
J. McKinnon vs Detroit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

DEAR RICHARD posted:

This is mainly to just cover my rear end for the bye week. I don't like the monday night question of whether McCoy plays or not, since he's practicing

I'm just trying to cash in hard for that one spot :getin:

Hmm, I still think trying to get a trade done would be better than dropping either for Hightower, because I honestly don't know which one to drop. Flip a coin I guess :(

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

MacheteZombie posted:

Hmm, I still think trying to get a trade done would be better than dropping either for Hightower, because I honestly don't know which one to drop. Flip a coin I guess :(

I left it up to my friend and she dropped Gillislee for Hightower. I'm okay with it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Spencer Ware looking mighty iffy, i need an RB2 and a flex also.

Spencer Ware vs JAX
Christine Michael vs BUF
Terrance West vs PIT
Willie Snead @ SF
Marvin Jones @ Min
Davante Adams vs IND

Full PPR

Note i already am starting Jordy, but i'm not afraid to start both him and Davante if it's worth it.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Bye weeks have left me with my 1 flex spot up for grabs among four guys I'm not fully sold on. Standard non-PPR:
Ty Montgomery vs IND
Darren Sproles @ NYG
Quincy Enunwa @ MIA
Sterling Shephard vs PHI

coronaball posted:

6 pt passing TDs

Dak @ Cleveland
Mariota @ SD

I have no idea.

Go with Dak. It's the safer play. I can't see him busting while Mariota has potential to get you 5 points or 30+ points.

Just hope that Zeke doesn't have a ton of long TDs.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
edit: double post

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
3 WR + Swing spot:

Obvious starters-
Julio Jones
Amari Cooper

Sanu, Cobb, Snead

I'm leaning towards the dangerous double dip of Jones and Sanu with Cobb in the swing. Basically it's Sanu v. Snead, I guess. Suggestions?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

schweens posted:

Bye weeks have left me with my 1 flex spot up for grabs among four guys I'm not fully sold on. Standard non-PPR:
Ty Montgomery vs IND
Darren Sproles @ NYG
Quincy Enunwa @ MIA
Sterling Shephard vs PHI

Probably Enunwa in 0 PPR? I actually really like Montgomery this week (if he can get healthy and play), but part of his appeal is the whole converted receiver thing which is devalued in 0 PPR. But he appears on track to be their starting (and really only living) RB this week which is pretty valuable.

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 4, 2016

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

12 man, 1ppr. I can start 1 wr and a flex. Which two do you start? Playing first place team and #1PS in the league. I am #2PS. Bad week for Gronk to be on a bye :(

Michael Crabtree
Michael Thomas

Corey Coleman
DeVante Adams
Mike Gillislee
CJ Prosise

Bolded is how my lineup currently looks. Part of me wants to bench Crabtree because of the matchup, but he is a ppr superstar and my opponent has Carr anyway, so hopefully they offset. Give me your goon wisdom!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

12 man, 1ppr. I can start 1 wr and a flex. Which two do you start? Playing first place team and #1PS in the league. I am #2PS. Bad week for Gronk to be on a bye :(

Michael Crabtree
Michael Thomas

Corey Coleman
DeVante Adams
Mike Gillislee
CJ Prosise

Bolded is how my lineup currently looks. Part of me wants to bench Crabtree because of the matchup, but he is a ppr superstar and my opponent has Carr anyway, so hopefully they offset. Give me your goon wisdom!

In 1ppr if you bench Crabtree you are a dumby

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
14 man, 1ppr. Both my QBs are out because I'm a poor planner, do I pick up and start Kaepernick or Foles?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

No Irish Need Imply posted:

14 man, 1ppr. Both my QBs are out because I'm a poor planner, do I pick up and start Kaepernick or Foles?

I'd go Foles. But I am a biased Kielce owner who believes in small sample sizes.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Suave Fedora posted:

In 1ppr if you bench Crabtree you are a dumby

I am a dummy, but I am still starting him. Now tell me the second starter! :argh:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Go Kaepernick. Playing a soft defense and has the advantage of not being Nick Foles. The Foles is fool's gold.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

I am a dummy, but I am still starting him. Now tell me the second starter! :argh:

MThomas is an ideal WR2 to Crab's WR1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Suave Fedora posted:

MThomas is an ideal WR2 to Crab's WR1.

WR3. Mike Evans was WR1 :smug: