Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Sono posted:

what's TNA's connection?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2016/10/12/ex-apprentice-candidate-maria-kanellis-donald-trump-hypocrite/91937382/

Maria called out Trump for firing her for "locker room talk" on Celebrity Apprentice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"And trust me, nobody likes a fat Hardy"

There are tons of great moments in this

I've just had a preeemoneeeetion...

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

coconono posted:

TNA wouldn't be in half as bad shape as it is right now if they had spent the last 15+ years developing viable tour loops.

Excuse you, but they had an amazingly successful swing through empty minor-league ballparks a couple years ago.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

sticklefifer posted:

I've just had a preeemoneeeetion...

I also love the running gag of him yelling SCRIBE! and suddenly his scribe appears right next to him then disappears after he's done recording Matt's statement.

It's a shame all of this is getting lost in the black hole of entertainment that is Impact.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Ironic name, "Impact".

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

coconono posted:

TNA wouldn't be in half as bad shape as it is right now if they had spent the last 15+ years developing viable tour loops.
I've heard some interesting stories about TNA's house show promotion. Tons of waste like always insisting on bringing in their own rings from Nashville when it would have cost much less to use a local ring with TNA aprons/turnbuckle pads (this when they weren't using the 6-sided ring).

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

coconono posted:

Also

-Not hiring Vince Russo, accidentally leaking it via e-mail and pissing off SpikeTV
-Not hiring Bischoff
-Not bringing in Hogan
-Not calling the President of the Discovery Channel an idiot in email and then sending it to him along with a bunch of other execs for Discovery/Destination America

On the other hand Jeff Jarrett screwing around with Kurt Angle's wife was probably beyond their control.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Just saw the HardyHalloween thing, and I am slightly disappointed that after all the cool and funny shenanegans, (with cameo by The Hurricane), it is all to set up another stable vs stable feud against some faceless men.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

grack posted:

On the other hand Jeff Jarrett screwing around with Kurt Angle's wife was probably beyond their control.
Kurt and Karen had already long since split up. Dixie was angry that Jeff lied to her when she asked, or something.

Meanwhile, this is 100% true, though the formatting was just me loving around:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/794026921726197764

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

davidbix posted:

Kurt and Karen had already long since split up. Dixie was angry that Jeff lied to her when she asked, or something.

Meanwhile, this is 100% true, though the formatting was just me loving around:

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/794026921726197764

Congrats. He'll carry this brand into the future.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jason Sextro posted:

Congrats. You'll wear this Bram into the future.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Just saw the HardyHalloween thing, and I am slightly disappointed that after all the cool and funny shenanegans, (with cameo by The Hurricane), it is all to set up another stable vs stable feud against some faceless men.

I can't imagine at this point there's much else they could do anyway

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
hurricane getting paid

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Solomonster with a great recap of Monday's shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuM81snmrOY

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing at the last line

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hahahaha what the poo poo

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How hard is it to make your syllables fit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

None of those people know how to do song parodies, I don't know why they keep trying

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave posted:

TNA knew that their deal with Challenge was in jeopardy months ago so they began shopping around Impact Wrestling to various networks in the U.K. with little interest from anyone. One group they met with was Premier Sports, a pay sports channel in the U.K. formerly known as Setanta Sports. The station ended up being completely discouraged by what they learnt of TNA's past dealings with networks in the U.S. when they did their research on how TNA's deals with both Spike and Destination America saw them canceled due to a mixture of poor ratings and mishandled business relationships, along with declining viewership on Challenge in the U.K. Despite this TNA told Premier Sports that they would be off Challenge and available in the U.K. in January.

:psyduck:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo: those were done by a couple 12 year olds and I won't hear any different

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

code:
A R O N
      R
      E
      X

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I love fan made TNA songs. I love them so much I wrote my own. This one is called "Welcome to the Impact Zone" (sung to the tune of Welcome to the Jungle)

Welcome to the impact zone
We have al snow and abyss
We've got everything you want
Lots of big names like Damien sandow and Lashley

We have a tv show it is on pop tv
If you got the money honey please give us some we have debt

In the impact zone welcome to the impact zone
Watch it on pop tv
Please buy a Bram tshirt

We're going to die

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Goon Project: commission DM Eason to recreate this

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I love fan made TNA songs. I love them so much I wrote my own. This one is called "Welcome to the Impact Zone" (sung to the tune of Welcome to the Jungle)

Welcome to the impact zone
We have al snow and abyss
We've got everything you want
Lots of big names like Damien sandow and Lashley

We have a tv show it is on pop tv
If you got the money honey please give us some we have debt

In the impact zone welcome to the impact zone
Watch it on pop tv
Please buy a Bram tshirt

We're going to die

OK now do Freeeeeeeeeeeak on a Leash

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ahahahaha

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

While you're all being creative and hilarious, can you also work these into the AJ Styles asylum award picture?

Thanks in advance

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

While you're all being creative and hilarious, can you also work these into the AJ Styles asylum award picture?

Thanks in advance

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

a thousand blessings upon you both

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://fightnetwork.com/news/6577473:anthem-sports-entertainment-and-impact-ventures-announce-credit-relationship/

gently caress off and die, TNA.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 3, 2016

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are those drawings made by the wrestlers' kids or something? Jesus Christ.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

lmao

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
The Fight Network is really small. I know they're not part of my cable package or even the sports themed package my cable company offers. They air free previews of the channel from time to time and it has a lot of wrestling on it, or at least did. I know they had ROH and a Lucia show, and a few small American indies. TNA really won't help them grow the network though. I'm not sure why they think it's worth saving, as the video library is the only worthwhile asset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Corgan is claiming TNA's already defaulted on their loan repayment to him.
https://twitter.com/Billy/status/794232124522004482

• Locked thread