Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Espn reporting lineker / TJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Also congratulations go out to all the staff and fighters at AKA for helping Luke Rock hold achieve his dream of becoming a brokémon master by collecting all 151 ligament tears

hahahahahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

there was a guy over on reddit who lost all his teeth post cancer treatment and was asking how he might go about getting a mouth guard he could bite down on. joe lauzon appears and says he got on to guard lab who are going to hook the guy up for free. joe lauzon is the best. https://np.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/5anqam/anyone_spar_after_having_all_teeth_removed/d9ijhj5/

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

SquirrelGrip posted:

uhh what was it before because robert rules

rockhold / jacare. they aren't replacing the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Brimage's three losses that saw him get cut where to
Conor, Garbrandt and Rivera, all in their debuts.

That's amazing

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

psa my favourite fighter that never fights (lightweight) magomedov is fighting beniel dariush this weekend. he's an incredible striker and i can't wait to see him thoroughly outclass a guy but not finish him earning him max derision points from the commentary team.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Tom Lawlor popped.

drat

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Northjayhawk posted:

I just got an idea that might be stupid. OK, it is definitely stupid, but here we go. Stuff that is valuable and collectible today, old baseball cards, programs from the 1st super bowl, etc. The main reason why they were valuable is there weren't many of them, everyone at the time thought they were useless or kids toys, so they weren't bought, or they were tossed out or destroyed, so they are rare today. Some of you may see where I'm going with this.

30 years from now, will an original Reebok fight kit be worth money? Right now they are seen as silly and hardly anyone buys them. Say you buy McGregor, Rousey, and Anderson Silva poo poo then store it away in a box, would that be worth something?

*plays compilation clip of thousands of fighters trying to get the zip on their jacket to work*

no.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

sick news everyone. i completely forgot that tomorrow is the long awaited return of chris avila, aka the only guy who has spent 15minutes in the ufc octagon and i still honestly think he cannot fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

You know you suck when people start cheering Artem

i did not do anything of the sort but he made artem look competent and artem used to be the only guy who has ever fought in the ufc that i honestly think i'd have a shot at beating

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

threeagainstfour posted:

Artem would run you over with his patented walk forward and swing his arms around like a little Russian windmill technique.

this is unironically probably correct

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mistakinder posted:

I like Artem if only because he managed to turn a season of TUF into My Super Sweet 16 starring Conor as the rich parent.

Hahaha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Since RDA and Khabib fought, RDA beat two former champions, became a champion, lost his belt, and fought again afterwards. Khabib fought Darrel Horcher.

Auron posted:

gently caress Khabib

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lol @ every dunc post

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

9.7. Contrast the Applicant's position. He did not ask Mr. Blasich to purchase the product from a safe
environment: he simply asked him for a tablet. In fact, he did not seem to care about where Mr.
Blasich got the tablet; but only about what it could do for him in terms of increasing his sexual
pleasure. Mr. Blasich himself took no steps to check that the tablet was not, and did not contain, a
Prohibited Substance. The Applicant did not look at or read the label on package from which the
tablet was taken, something sensibly said in Knauss v. FIS (CAS 2005/A/847) to be "a clear and
obvious precaution" (para 7.3.6). He never asked to see the package at all.

gross negligence for one's own dick. poo poo why not just cook it up and bang it right into the big vein. bring the hammer down your honor i'm not a judge.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's not UFC 151 but... http://mmajunkie.com/2016/11/jon-jones-vs-dan-henderson-set-for-submission-underground-2

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cowboy is a real red neck bang brother who just wants to fight and doesnt care about the details, except if the details would in any way be a disadvantage to him instead of an advantage. Then then fight is canceled.

Keven brings up a good point. This is an unusual move for cowboy to shitcan the fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

Kind of glad the main card lost a fight any ways as that was starting to look like a long rear end card.

The complete opposite of this

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Lesson learned. Potential fatasses weigh in first in ny.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Reminder that mighty mouse worked in a warehouse while attempting to dethrone Cruz. If you're going to talk poo poo about cash, I think having the fact that you mooched off your girlfriend and her folks to get where you are in a subjectively ridiculous sport thrown in your face is fair game. Also cool that you pay her back for the tough times by letting her carry only one of your kids to term. Pregnancy is a bitch.

What I'm saying is its trash talk. Who gives a gently caress.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I'd pay a lot of money to see conor fight ferg

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hope conor defends a belt to become nearly as accomplished as bj penn on paper

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

bj penn was cool and conor will probably fight for another 10 years

bj penn is a loving legend and i hope conor retires young, rich and great instead of fighting for ten more years like bj penn

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Khabib and conor are both nightmare matchups for each other. Both have a clear and obvious path to victory.

Agreed. Khabib is so hittable on the outside but in the clinch, well, we all saw it. Whoever the underdog is would get a bet. Ferg first though.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

hopefully he will fight for 10 more years like silva instead :-) maybe without the last year though

Silva was in a garbage division though and conor is definitely not. But sure, I hope so too.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Conor should spend a year bulking up and fight Jon Jones imo

another thing that conor will have to do to reach bj penn heights who i'll remind everyone got spastically obese and fought lyoto machida who weighed over 200 pounds

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

Conor mcgregor is insanely good

I'm having a hard time reconciling this with loads of video evidence of him getting bashed by Nate Diaz but it's true.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

I can easily see conor defeating every lw, as long as he gets 3 lives and unlimited continues

Lol

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Julio Cruz posted:

Khabib looked incredibly hittable so I can see Conor wanting to take that fight ASAP before Khabib learns what "head movement" is.

Pretty much.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

manyak posted:

The takes on Mcgregor in like 2 years have shifted to "Theyre protecting him from Clay guida, hes gonna lose once he fights someone who gets 1 takedown" to "well Khabib Nurmagamedov needs some time to work on his head movement before he fights Conor, easy fight for Conor"

Personally, I rigidly adhere to my initial assessment of fighters and no subsequent fights or information ever changes that.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Conor is an anomaly in that he's a guy who has the capacity simultaneously beat Khabib and get hosed up by Nate Diaz. All criticism and praise of conor is reasonably justifiable and it certainly contributes to him being the most mercurial and watchable fighter in the world.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Nierbo posted:

His two fights against Diaz were two weightclasses above what he normally fights at. Love him or hate him, but he definitely has those big irish balls he keeps talking about.

Conor is as much a welterweight as Nate is.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I can't think of a single way a Boner or taking the drugs that give you them could possibly be funny.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

1st AD posted:

Woodley probably has the kind of power to ruin Conor's chin in one shot, but his habit of standing with his back to the cage and not doing much could make that a very funny fight.

yeah i wonder what woodley would do with his back against the cage to a long stance karate fighter with an impeccable sense of distance

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Conor should stick to 155 and if Aldo wants that rematch so badly, should follow him there and make it impossible to deny unless he's simply not good enough.

yeah completely unreasonable for the guy who holds the belt to fight in the division he's champion of. make some loving moves jose or shut the gently caress up

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i agree with you. but it won't happen. i feel bad for jose but frankly i dont think mcgregor owes him anything either

it's nothing to do with owing anybody. you have an obligation to fight in the division you're calling yourself champion of, and jose is the clear #1 contender.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

actually no you just do whatever that's why they invented interim belts no one really cares that there's a guy fighting on a soon-to-be 10 win streak without a shot

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lmao

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Work Friend Keven posted:

(In Willy Wonka voice) no. Wait. Don't.

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

seriously though i wish someone would solve the weight cutting issue. i don't like fights being cancelled and also don't really like the concept of people causing themselves harm before getting in a cage with someone who is going to compound that harm.

• Locked thread