Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

corn on the cop posted:

now is the time for cubs fans to become as insufferable as red sox fans

they always have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Did anyone get a picture of Jon Hamm in the stands as the Cubs got the final out?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Did anyone get a picture of Jon Hamm in the stands as the Cubs got the final out?

i'm sure jon hamm has some important information about 11 championships

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

CubsWoo posted:

I think I need a new avatar too and I figure at this point what better than a gif of Rizzo or somebody from Cubshine and Lollipops

or maybe Pear Baby

You absolutely should do Pear Baby

Following up on my donation, $20 to the ALS Association for every Cubs dong in the series:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Congrats cubbies. :unsmith:

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Nov 3, 2016

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

What the gently caress

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Breaking News: Kyle Hendricks has been released from captivity. He is reported to be in good spirits and excellent health.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Chick named "Isis" complaining about KKK. :stare:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I hope Boers and Bernstein play the Cubs-lost prerecorded Announcer Guy clip, just like they did when Chicago lost the Olympics.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

people like this give more reasons for other assholes to vote for trump. i know it one stupid person on twitter but it just more fuel to a hated fire.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 3, 2016

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Theo says he is temporarily relinquishing his duties as President, that Jed Hoyer is in charge, he's going on a month long bender and to wake him up for the winter meetings.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Cyron posted:

people like this give more reasons for other assholes to vote for trump. i know it one stupid person on twitter but it just more fuel to a hated fire.

P sure it was a joke

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Mr. Fix It posted:

P sure it was a joke

ah now i am an rear end in a top hat.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Mr. Fix It posted:

P sure it was a joke

Alternative explanation: Cubs fans are fascism.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hand Knit posted:

Alternative explanation: Cubs fans are fascism.

Don't take fascism from us Yankees fans

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/794039316318015490/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the person whose twitter handle is "keep isis weird" is serious as heLL

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Twins-Braves in 1991 was probably better just because of the sheer nerves caused by the game going scoreless into extra and Jack Morris pitching a 10-inning shutout in Game Seven of the loving World Series.

This was a really good Game 7 but yeah Twins/Braves is still better for the nervefactor of a scoreless game after 9 innings plus Jack Morris' 10 inning complete game shutout. Not a single starter made it to the 6th inning in this series which is p hosed up imo.

Congrats Cubs fans though! The last time the Cubs were World Champions, literally 99.99% of the current population was not born.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Understandable on Cleveland's side. Three starters on short rest, and a lockdown bullpen with an amazing reliever who is willing to go 2+ innings whenever the manager wants? Tito was gonna have a quick hook no matter what.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

artificially stocked lake posted:

This was a really good Game 7 but yeah Twins/Braves is still better for the nervefactor of a scoreless game after 9 innings plus Jack Morris' 10 inning complete game shutout. Not a single starter made it to the 6th inning in this series which is p hosed up imo.

Congrats Cubs fans though! The last time the Cubs were World Champions, literally 99.99% of the current population was not born.

This game 7 was sloppy but it definitely had more dramatic swings (figuratively and literally) than '91. Also, I got to stay up to watch the ending because I'm a loving grown up man and nobody can tell me when to go to bed or how long it is appropriate to quietly sob in the living room at the end.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

I hear Cubs radio's call of the final out and I keep thinking he says end times

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Nov 3, 2016

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

http://doubtingtheo.tumblr.com/

So many from the guy who runs Bleed Cubbie Blue.

https://twitter.com/bleedcubbieblue/status/456882373532348416

Niwrad fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 3, 2016

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TMMadman posted:

Breaking News: Kyle Hendricks has been released from captivity. He is reported to be in good spirits and excellent health.

How can anyone tell?

Congrats Cubs fans. Once I get home from work tonight I'll have to settle up with the Epilepsy Foundation and call my dad.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
That was a really great baseball game, definitely among the best I've ever seen. Congratulations Cubs and Cobs fans!

Now next year when it's a Jays-Cubs series I can root for the Jays without feeling guilt- Ah ha ha ha who am I kidding, once EE and Bautista are gone, the Jays are headed for the basement next year.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has there been any news on where the parade will be?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
^^^ Someone was saying it is Friday.

I had to watch the final out again when I woke up this morning. I wasn't dreaming, that actually happened. Finally. :unsmith:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
That was without a doubt the best baseball game I've ever seen, with personally the worst finish. The rain delay killed our momentum and was completely unnecessary.

But, we should have not blown game 6 in such pathetic fashion in the first place. If Naquin makes that catch we get out of the first inning only 1 run down, and the grand slam later probably doesn't happen.

I'm proud of the Indians who got further than I thought they would considering the rash of poorly timed and/or bizarre injuries. Had Salazar not gotten hurt right before the playoffs I think we win the World Series because the short rest killed the starters.

However, I don't believe we'll be back in the World Series next year unless we can avoid the injury bug. Our pitching until game 5 was otherworldly, but to those who don't regularly watch the Indians, let me tell you it really isn't that dominant year round (though still very good). Losing this series really sucks, but the Cavs winning the title this year takes the sting out big time since we at least know it CAN be done.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Good game. Still so tired

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/miggymont26/status/794161248917221377

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Did they ever get the top off the box truck last night? I need to look to see if that Taco Bell is still standing also. Was one hell of a game.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Under normal circumstances Cleveland is the second team I root for, because of family roots in the area, but I definitely veered more towards the Cubs when it got to the WS because "Theo Epstein: Curse Breaker" is far too delicious a thought to have.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...
What an amazing series capped off by that unbelievable game. I'm so happy the Cubs can now just be a regular baseball team without goats, stupid curses and all that other bullshit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scrode posted:

What an amazing series capped off by that unbelievable game. I'm so happy the Cubs can now just be a regular baseball team without goats, stupid curses and all that other bullshit.

Scode, you should just change your avatar by photoshopping out inept and inserting "happy"

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/794128257717145600

https://twitter.com/MuneKawasakiWB/status/794059002430640128

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 3, 2016

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm like "gently caress you" - Theo

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Love that Ross gets a dinger in his last game ever to fix that embarrassing 2 run wild pitch, even though it's not his fault

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The Cubs have always been my second team, and after the Rangers died with a whimper they were my only hope. I'm so happy :unsmith:.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
The image that is going to last with me until the day I die is them playing in the rain in the 9th inning in a tied game 7. Like how the gently caress do you write a better ending than that?

Also LETS CUT TO ROSS' MIC FOR HIS REACTION TO THAT HOMERUN
*silence as he rounds the bases*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

this is possibly the coolest guy on the internet right now

• Locked thread