Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

So where is bartman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

GET MY BELT SON posted:

So where is bartman

A co-worker of mine's son works in the same company as Bartman. Apparently he works from home and gets groceries delivered because he STILL gets harassed horrendously to this day. Hopefully that changes, because Jesus Christ the 2003 Cubs lost for so many bigger reasons than Bartman.

Scrode
Mar 6, 2002

It's about damn time...

TMMadman posted:

Scode, you should just change your avatar by photoshopping out inept and inserting "happy"

Done!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mister Perky posted:

Yeah at the risk of being the "think of the ratings!" guy, think of the ratings! This game 7 is the best commercial for baseball that baseball could air.

[And if whatever garbage Thursday Night matchup the NFL has on tomorrow draws a bigger viewership than this game 7 then its time to write off democracy as a failed experiment and strip America/Americans of all right to self-determination on grounds of us all being too stupid to be trusted with any choice]

don't worry we'll elect Trump on the 8th

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Yoshifan823 posted:

Aw, I'm too late to suggest my idea:

I just need a quote for this and I've got a new av.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

CascadeBeta posted:

A co-worker of mine's son works in the same company as Bartman. Apparently he works from home and gets groceries delivered because he STILL gets harassed horrendously to this day. Hopefully that changes, because Jesus Christ the 2003 Cubs lost for so many bigger reasons than Bartman.

I hope he gets sent first class to the victory parade but does not get mentioned or featured in any way. Just send him out to Chicago, maybe make sure he's not recognized in some way and just let him anonymously soak it all in.

Yoshifan823 posted:

Aw, I'm too late to suggest my idea:

This looks like Schwarber singing in front of a PS2 render of himself

Edit: Early ratings have Game 7 at a 25.2 rating - basically 1 out of every 4 TVs in America were tuned to FOX for the game.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Nov 3, 2016

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, since they can give them to anyone they want, which old Cubs are sure to get World Series rings?

Obviously Billy Williams and Ryne Sandberg will be getting them. Probably Kerry Wood. Anyone else?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
good job cubs. you finally won a championship. only took you 108 years lol. God drat it Indians, you only had to win one game.

CascadeBeta posted:

This is why the cubs are the least deserving team to win a world series. gently caress chicago

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

TMMadman posted:

So, since they can give them to anyone they want, which old Cubs are sure to get World Series rings?

Obviously Billy Williams and Ryne Sandberg will be getting them. Probably Kerry Wood. Anyone else?

Make one for Moises, then give it to Bartman.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TMMadman posted:

Adam Warren :unsmigghh:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
N: My Judge this morning is wearing a Cubs hat on the bench.

V: I feel like this could get old quickly.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Cyron posted:

people like this give more reasons for other assholes to vote for trump. i know it one stupid person on twitter but it just more fuel to a hated fire.

mediaite.com had a story entitled "Wait, what's that KKK sign doing at the World Series?" up for a while before they got pounced on. It wasn't just one stupid person.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I honestly thought that this day would never come.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

b-minus1 posted:

good job cubs. you finally won a championship. only took you 108 years lol. God drat it Indians, you only had to win one game.

This is why the cubs are the least deserving team to win a world series. gently caress chicago

I don't care how many people are assholes to Bartman (most people are not), the Marlins deserved their two less.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

joeburz posted:

Love that Ross gets a dinger in his last game ever to fix that embarrassing 2 run wild pitch, even though it's not his fault

Also, the wild throw that setup the wild pitch that wasn't his fault because he was just covering for his buddy.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nail Rat posted:

I don't care how many people are assholes to Bartman (most people are not), the Marlins deserved their two less.
I disagree goon sire

Plus we took out the Yankees so you can thank us for that

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I've never been happier about a non-yankees sports related victory than I am about the Cubs winning.

:unsmith:

Go cubbies, but just this year because the Yankees are gonna be good again next year.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also I cannot believe they didn't ever bench Rizzo!!!!!!!!

What happened to that terrible poster, anyway?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Go cubbies, but just this year because the Yankees are gonna be good again next year.

28 in 2018! (Can't upgrade the rotation enough for 2017.)

Paul Zuvella posted:

He :toxx:'d himself out of the threads.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Looks like he took a ban and a 1 day probation.

So when do the mods put in for a Cub fan gang tag

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'm mad about the avatar still but I guess I'll take the Cubs winning the World Series as a consolation prize or something.

WOOOOOO!!!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I just woke up, my calves are cinder blocks because of all the running and jumping around I did with a W flag last night.
Guys.
GUYS.
The Cubs have won the world series.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Nothing's going to get me down today. Although I 100% seriously had dreams that the earth was disintegrating last night.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/ckamka/status/794055430108540928

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Interesting.... so when they score a lot of runs and not zero, they win? Theo, you magnificent bastard, youve done it again.........

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

That is quite the difference.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Hot take. Montgomery rules

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Interesting.... so when they score a lot of runs and not zero, they win? Theo, you magnificent bastard, youve done it again.........

Going 11-2 when you score any runs at all in the postseason is a pretty good record

If you extend it out to the NLDS their run differenial was +38 (68-30) in their 11 wins and -20 (7-27) runs in their 6 losses, they were absolutely a feast or famine team

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

RC Cola posted:

I'm glad he's under contract for a few more years.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

beejay posted:

Nothing's going to get me down today. Although I 100% seriously had dreams that the earth was disintegrating last night.

It's going to take a collapsed star to bring me down today.

RC Cola posted:

Yeah, I realized how much my view of him changed when I was calling for him to come in instead of Chapman.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I'm going to buy a bunch of Cubs swag and post it in reddit streetwear.

I"m hoping the Professor gets paid handsomely this offseason since he was on a 1-yr contract.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Reminder that RC Cola was calling a Cubs win the whole series

edit: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792774&userid=178158

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I hope Vogelbach hits a ton of dingers for Seattle but you were one beefy lad too many and you were sacrificed so we could have the guy who closed out the World Series

No matter what happens after this the Cubs got value out of that trade

Virigoth posted:

I"m hoping the Professor gets paid handsomely this offseason since he was on a 1-yr contract.

Hendricks is under team control until 2020 and isn't even arb eligible until 2018 but I could absolutely see a pay raise for him

The only Cubs who are/could be FA after this year are:

Joe Smith
Dexter Fowler (5M mutual option that the Cubs agreed not to pick up as a condition of signing him for 8M)
Aroldis Chapman
Jason Hammel (10M team option/2M buyout)
Travis Wood
David Ross (Retiring)
Chris Coghlan
Trevor Cahill

I'm not sure any of them are getting QOs since they set the amount at 17.2 million/1 year, you can't QO Chapman and the FO told Dex they wouldn't QO him two years in a row.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 3, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The_Hat posted:

Reminder that RC Cola was calling a Cubs win the whole series

I toxxed myself to not be negative after game 4 against the Giants. But yeah I was pretty confident

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just think it's weird that Guyer was traded for Garza, then Garza was traded for Edwards, and Guyer was standing on second when Rajai hit his dinger and then Edwards closed out 2 of the final 3 outs.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

tadashi posted:

I just think it's weird that Guyer was traded for Garza, then Garza was traded for Edwards, and Guyer was standing on second when Rajai hit his dinger and then Edwards closed out 2 of the final 3 outs.

So really, gently caress Matt Garza.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

God the Cavs logo is terrible. It's like something an eighth-grader drew on a textbook cover. "Dude, this C looks like it's tearing rear end around my algebra book!"

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Meanwhile the Cardinals officially extended Matheny through 2020. Kill me.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I wake up today and the Cubs are still WS Champions and I still feel giddy. Can't say I actually enjoyed watching the game while it was happening but in the end it was my personal greatest sports moment ever and nothing will ever top it.

edit: time for a new avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Has anyone done "From Goat to G.O.A.T." yet because that's going to be a shirt you'll see around town very soon I think

• Locked thread