Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

At least now whenever Cubs fans get all doom and gloom we have a good reason to tell them to shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

rare Magic card l00k posted:

The overreliance on Bauer/Tomlin was what came back to bite the Indians in the rear end. Sending both guys out there on short rest (especially Bauer who was bad all postseason) while not being ready to pull them if trouble hit was such a bad move, and you can't do that when you're the worse team. The Cubs were the much better team and actually played to win 4 out of 7, while the Indians played to win 3 and then hope to steal a 4th. It almost worked, but it shouldn't have and it didn't. Congrats, you deserved the win.

Considering how well he pitched vs. Toronto, I really thought they should have started Merritt in either game 4 or 5.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

R.D. Mangles posted:

may god have mercy on us all

If 2016 has taught me anything, it's that I was right in figuring out there is no god.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tadashi posted:

I just think it's weird that Guyer was traded for Garza, then Garza was traded for Edwards, and Guyer was standing on second when Rajai hit his dinger and then Edwards closed out 2 of the final 3 outs.

So really, gently caress Matt Garza.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Inspector_666 posted:

I am so hyped for the Staten Island Pizza Rats, now that they've dragged the whole thing out so long that nobody remembers what they're even referencing.

Did Pizza Rats win? I haven't seen anything more current than September.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Paul Zuvella posted:

strikeouts are attributed to the pitcher. Nice try!

By my eye it's happened twice before!

The catcher is credited with the putout on a caught third strike, foul bunt, or dropped third strike with a runner on first and less than two outs.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

tadashi posted:

Twins have outrighted Trevor Plouffe. :fuckoff: I hope this means the new front office is going to burn the shack they inherited to the ground and lay the foundation for something new. It's going to be a weird off-season in Minneapolis. They've got a few pieces but literally all they've got is a few pieces.

The depressing part is they probably could have traded him for something of value last offseason but nope, let's move Sano into the outfield instead. :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Intruder posted:

Huh. The Twins gave actual money to Jason Castro

The dude is an elite pitch framer, has occasional pop, manages a pitching staff really well. He's slightly above average at throwing out baserunners, but is an automatic out most of the time

A catcher from the 80s

On the plus side, he's probably responsible for Keuchel's Cy Young in 2015

And yet he's still a massive upgrade from what we had last year!

• Locked thread