Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The Indians used their pitching staff shittily in Games 5 and 6, then the arms Francona refused to put in during those games after they carried him to that point collapsed in Game 7.

That's p. much karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Atomizer posted:

The big problem was trying to rely on his core pitchers (Kluber, Miller, Allen, etc.) through many appearances and short rest, and hoping it didn't come back to bite him in the rear end. It did. Whoops! Against any other team, however, it probably would've worked. Respect, Cleveland.

The overreliance on Bauer/Tomlin was what came back to bite the Indians in the rear end. Sending both guys out there on short rest (especially Bauer who was bad all postseason) while not being ready to pull them if trouble hit was such a bad move, and you can't do that when you're the worse team. The Cubs were the much better team and actually played to win 4 out of 7, while the Indians played to win 3 and then hope to steal a 4th. It almost worked, but it shouldn't have and it didn't. Congrats, you deserved the win.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

For the record I love Francona and think he did a fantastic, beyond perfect job until Game 5 (and has done a great job for years) and I love him and hope he stays manager for years and years as do the players, but I am really sad like I was in 1997 except now I'm an adult so I try to analyze what we could have done differently instead of crying like a baby into mommy's arms to handle World Series sadness. :smith:

• Locked thread