Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Mister Perky posted:

So, which team is going to overpay Rajai Davis next year just because of this game?

Let's spitball our best guesses.

The Giants are looking for a big power bat for left field!

Inspector_666 posted:

Guys the Cubs won the loving World Series.

Eh... What's next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
My non-baseball friend is glad Sosa is finally getting a ring.

Popete posted:

Now please pay Dexter Fowler the entire Illinois state budget next season (negative a billion).

Oh so what the Orioles wanted to pay him

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

John Wilkes Booth posted:

I'm really interested in seeing where Cespedes goes despite it likely not panning out at all. He's still got a hell of an arm though.

The Giants will sign him

To be a closer

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It's still baffling that, for whatever reason, the Giants were incapable of seeing that Casilla was struggling, then blowing it, and endlessly feeding back into the problem forever.

Or maybe they were just ignoring it, like when Posey spent the second half clearly hurt.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

FlamingLiberal posted:

Carlos Ruiz to the Mariners, Dodgers return unknown

e: Oops, I read that as Marlins on my phone.

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Nov 7, 2016

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

its sad that the san fransicso giants will be the last NL team to respect the good and correct position of bullpens.

It gave us wonderful moments this year, such as...

And that's about it. Also that one time Casilla caught a fair ball.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Whoops. My bad.

You just had to Make Chicago Great Again

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
All I can think is that the Chicago Cubs will be honored at the White House next year by the President of the United States, which will be Donald Trump.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

Also :lol: at Verlander getting robbed. Can we please just get rid of the pitcher wins state already?

You're getting your outrages mixed up.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Obviously those sportswriters thought Justin Verlander was going to get the most first-place votes anyways, so they figured he didn't need their votes. So they were half right. :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Paul Zuvella posted:

Interesting trivia question:

Has an MVP ever recorded the final out of the world series before Bryant?

Posey caught strike three in 2012. :v:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Should have been Votto and Trout for maximum player/team disparity.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Maybe the Astros are stealing all their draft information from the Padres or something.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

bad boy in the boy band posted:

"That fastball totally rises at the end, man. I don't care what all the smartass nerds say"-- Bryce Harper

Make Baseball Dumb Again

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Now that Sandoval is 30, he's the scrappy veteran infielder questionmark that they want at any price!

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Now they just need to stop calling it the All-Star Game and everything will be fixed.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

JosefStalinator posted:

Also from that article:

Now baseball is just imitating my OOTP settings :smug:

So the DH will be abolished next?

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

tadashi posted:

So it sounds like Cutch is going to the Nationals and they tell Espinosa not to let the door hit him on the way out?

He'll probably swing at the door and miss it before it hits him, too.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

will_colorado posted:

Can't wait for Sale to cut up Boston throwback jerseys and the media in that city to piss all over themselves about it

corn on the cop posted:

so, how long before the boston media hates sale

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's a pretty white so he should be fine.

"I heard about what happened at the clubhouse this morning... And I have to tell you: it's exactly what this organization needed! We wanna look to the future, we gotta tear down the past! Ted Williams was nothing more than a baby-faced man with little girl arms! And here's something I just found out recently: He wasn't really a Kid!"

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Wasn't he fat when he was "good" for the Giants?

God drat that contract has been horrendous. 5/95 and he's played 127 games in the first two years with an OPS+ of 73.

In his best years he wasn't as fat. That previous picture is pretty much how he looked in 2011. And he was good in 2011, but unfortunately he suffered one injury after another and gained the weight back over the following seasons.

I want to say there was a game in 2014 where he hit a walk-off home run and after trotting around the bases he was panting so hard he could hardly talk for the on-field interview.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Bring back Ortiz, but only as a pinch-runner.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The WhiSox heard your complaints about the Sale trade and decided to break the Nats

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
E: ^^^ in lieu of an actual child to inspire him, he'll just have to settle for Harper

He's no Ty Blach

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
As a Giants fan who stomached through all of this season, let me tell you that having a reliable closer only seems like a novelty until you don't have one anymore.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Sydin posted:

In Dexter Fowler news, he apparently has a 4/60 deal on the table from the Cardinals, but is reluctant to sign because of "clubhouse culture" issues, with Matheny in particular apparently being an issue.

What the hell did Heyward tell him :stare:

"He'll ask you to bunt and you can't take walks"

:yikes:

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The Yankees aren't going to tank it for 3 years then compete with their drafted talent-- someone else saved them the trouble by giving them that talent for some relievers. The rebuild was over, the waiting game begins.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Fowler got a team to forget the first six seasons of his major league career and also his age. This is a success story.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
The most offensive thing that players are made to wear in baseball is camo.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

GeneX posted:

stopping ritual humiliation of any kind is a good thing

Ritual humiliation is part of the game. See: [Bad Team Name Of Your Choosing]

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
You can win over the youth of today with thighs and abs, MLB -- Stop shutting down players wearing clothing that's formfitting or outright pantsless.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

Tomlinson and Adrianza are way better than Rollins at this point. Maybe they want Rollins to coach for them.

Somehow Rollins is going to make the roster and Tomlinson will start the season in the minors despite being a solid infielder and having an assist from the outfield last year that I'm still not over.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rand alPaul posted:

Is he out of options because if not I agree. Poor little Kelby. Then again Panik is likely to get hurt sneezing during Spring Training.

I don't think Tomlinson is out of options but Adrianza is, and Ehire gives the Management a boner while Kelby does not. The only thing more arousing for them would be the prospect of a aged veteran slappers-only middle infielder taking the reigns in the middle of the season to lead them to the promised land. Alternatively, somehow Gregor Blanco sneaking back onto the roster yet again.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

The Pussy Boss posted:

And that slider is sexy, make no mistake: https://gfycat.com/CharmingOfficialBittern

PhamTom Slider

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Intruder posted:

Uh time travelers have already confirmed the Astros in 2017 you fool

Led by The Natural, Jeff Francoeur

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

ColdBlooded posted:

The Rockies just signed Alexi Amarista to a major league deal

:lol:

Edit: Apparently there were two other teams also bidding for his services; gotta lock up the guy with the sub .600 career OPS. :bravo:

I look forward to not being able to find this post when Amarista hits 30 bombs next year despite being a small child.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Needs to be canted and given a vignette for the inevitable Dateline special.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Yeah wanting to make an MMO is really the biggest strike against Schilling.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Paul Zuvella posted:

Seth Smith might be the most boring baseball player in league history.

Besides that season where he was the Padres entire offense, this feels right.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Your school's chess club actually played chess? Ours mostly played yu-gi-oh and magic.

You activated his trap card. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Hawk Harrelson to call the derby, and Angel Hernandez to officiate the derby.

• Locked thread