Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't stopped smiling since the game ended.

I am so happy that the Cubs are World Series Champions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, now I can get a new avatar.

It's a shame to retire this guy, but it's time.
<------

I didn't want to buy one during the playoffs because I'm superstitious and didn't want to jinx anything.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

PEAR BABY IS OUR NEW LORD AND SAVIOR!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, let's see if I've got the new one yet.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yoshifan823 posted:

Aw, I'm too late to suggest my idea:

Well, it can always be changed later.

I'm not really a religious guy, but I couldn't pass up the bible quote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQWbKqFVoeQ

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Breaking News: Kyle Hendricks has been released from captivity. He is reported to be in good spirits and excellent health.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scrode posted:

What an amazing series capped off by that unbelievable game. I'm so happy the Cubs can now just be a regular baseball team without goats, stupid curses and all that other bullshit.

Scode, you should just change your avatar by photoshopping out inept and inserting "happy"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, since they can give them to anyone they want, which old Cubs are sure to get World Series rings?

Obviously Billy Williams and Ryne Sandberg will be getting them. Probably Kerry Wood. Anyone else?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
For shits and giggles, I stopped by the Dick's Sporting Goods in Niles because I was close and dispatch put me on standby for 15-20 minutes. There was a huge line just to get in and it didn't even move for the 10 minutes I watched it before I got called back to work.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ShortThug posted:

I was just there. Line took about 30 mins to get in but I didn't buy anything since everything was in L or XL. Just ordered stuff online.

Yeah I already ordered a fitted hat with the world champion patch, one of the locker room shirts and a framed pennant from mlb.com. But I think I'm going to get another world champion hat. That way I can have one hat to wear and one hat to sit forever in pristine condition.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CubsWoo posted:

You can buy them from the Tribune directly for $10 but they're absolutely slammed right now and I think they've said the wait could be 2-3 weeks after you order. (EDIT: 15-20 business days.)

http://store.chicagotribune.com/chicago-tribune-11-3-2016-back-issue.html

Oh thanks for this. I'll probably check a couple places in the burbs but I'm assuming they'll all be sold out. I've got the sun times.

Also, do you approve of my new avatar Kevlar?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, Henry Rowengartner should totally get a World Series ring for real now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RC Cola posted:

Any rich cubs fan willing to buy me an avatar? I'll wear it until the next time a Chicago team wins a championship :toxx:

If you pick out an avatar, I'll give you a gift certificate when I get home later tonight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Someone needs to make a gif of Rizzo on third base in the 10th with his hands on his head and clearly saying "Oh my God!"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

This one? I don't see the "oh my god" part, but it was in the 10th at 3rd base.

That one is great but I swear I saw a shot of him saying "Oh my God!"

Maybe it was in a replay or recap.

I remember it being a fairly tight shot of his head and shoulders with his face towards the camera.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/ManuclearBomb/status/794220135888416768

https://twitter.com/EliGieryna/status/794046235694940160

I love Heyward, so goddamn much. Think I might buy a Jersey gotta support a black man(since Dex is probably gone :smith:)

It's to bad the Heyward and Dex contracts can't be switched.

It's also to bad that the Cubs have a plethora of outfielders right now which means we won't throw a truckload of money at Fowler when he really deserves it.

You go, we go Dex.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah, that's one. That is just amazing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey RC Cola, check your PMs. I sent the gift certificate code to you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Abel Wingnut posted:

anyone know where i can watch the game again? i swear i'm going to watch it like every month til the day i die

I think they are showing it on MLB Network right now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

RC Cola posted:

Someone help me think of a caption please. And thanks for the code!

You're welcome! Cubs avatars shall flood the forums!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bumgarner in the 2016 playoffs: 14 innings (9 in the wildcard game)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So is it weird that I have basically no desire to see the parade/go to the rally?

I mean I've been a Cubs fan essentially since I was born 40+ years ago. I can still remember 84 and particularly 89. And while I didn't pay attention to the Cubs in the late 00s/early 10s, they will always be my team.

I'm super happy for myself, my dad and of course the team that they won it all. However, it makes no sense to me to go stand around on the street for however long just to watch the team take a few minutes to drive past. I get that a lot of it is probably just an 'I was there' phenomenon but I still think it's a little silly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
17 months is the blink of an eye now?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

From that page I got to here:

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/215585924-story

Which contained this:

https://twitter.com/belizevacation/status/794603225705943040

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't care what anyone says, I like the "All the Way" song. But I also really like Pearl Jam and Eddies voice.

I've listened to that song like a dozen times over the past couple days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

my favorite player is #43, Anthony Rizzorp

He's got nothing on future MVP #18 Cris Byrand.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SourKraut posted:

There are specially marked bottles. I've heard back from them on the three I've used, and it's saved me about $130 total so far.

How long did it take you to hear back from them? I texted yesterday and sent a picture at the same time, but I haven't heard back from them. So I texted again and sent a different picture of the same UPC after the automated response this morning, but I still haven't heard anything back from them.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SourKraut posted:

I think they might be getting slammed now, or some delay, as the one I sent this morning hasn't gotten a response yet to the picture itself yet. Did you get an initial response back after just texting "football" to it?

Yeah, when I first did it, I sent football and the picture at the same time. There was an immediate automatic response about sending the picture before my picture went through. Then I sent another picture about an hour later.

Then since I didn't hear anything this morning, I went ahead and sent football again and then another picture of the same code. That was like 12 hours ago and still nothing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inspector_666 posted:

They can sign Rich Hill, I'll allow that.

Did you know Rich Hill has an amazing curveball?

Curveball. Curveball. Curveball!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Whoops. My bad.

Thanks Kevlar! :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
How appropriate is it that the W flag I've had hanging on my sliding glass door had one side fall down overnight?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IcePhoenix posted:

Depends, was it the left side?

Surprisingly it was the left side that fell down. :eyepop:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Let's all just agree that Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida suck rear end.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Niwrad posted:

Dr. Pepper is really loving me over right now.

Well to be fair, that's the UnderArmor site, so I don't think the Dr Pepper code would work there.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

i hope ryan braun gets traded into a volcano

What would the Brewers get in return?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poque posted:

The Cubs won the 2016 World Series.

Donald Trump won the 2016 Presidential Election.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've got a $40 off a $100 or more order coupon for underarmor.com that I assume would be good for that jacket. I have no interest in it and the coupon expires on 11/15.

Who wants it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt. Public posted:

I'll take it if it is still available. Getting one of these as a gift for my dad.

Done and done. Check your PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pancakes posted:

Sorry for the low-content phone post, but all you Cubs fans should check out the Times crossword today. It's Cubs-themed and it's only a Tuesday puzzle, so it's easy as hell even for people who rarely do puzzles.

But it's behind a paywall :(

Edit - wait, you probably meant the sun times. When I hear times and crossword I immediately think of the NY Times.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 15, 2016

• Locked thread