Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I got drunk as gently caress tonight watching the WS and god drat MORE BASEBALL PLS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
GO CUBS GO!

This is so much better than 2013 god drat I am drunk af.

EDIT: Poque and Kevlar et al, I will 100% be in Chicago for the Yankees/Cubs series in 2017 and I wanna meet you all.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 3, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Guys the Cubs won the loving World Series.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Next up, several months of https://open.spotify.com/album/78LQcHefp9FSXjAd7g0shr

BASEBALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, IT IS THE BEST.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Atomizer posted:

Hey remember when we thought this game would end like 3-2 or 1-0? FIFTEEN loving RUNS! More than half the runs in the entire World Series were scored in game 7!!!

Blah blah blah pace of play, I know several people were intensely into tonight's game who didn't give a single gently caress about baseball before the series.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

TMMadman posted:

So, since they can give them to anyone they want, which old Cubs are sure to get World Series rings?

Obviously Billy Williams and Ryne Sandberg will be getting them. Probably Kerry Wood. Anyone else?

Adam Warren :unsmigghh:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

Go cubbies, but just this year because the Yankees are gonna be good again next year.

28 in 2018! (Can't upgrade the rotation enough for 2017.)

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also I cannot believe they didn't ever bench Rizzo!!!!!!!!

What happened to that terrible poster, anyway?

He :toxx:'d himself out of the threads.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Goodpancakes posted:

LOL Mcgibblets was the guy begging for Rizzo to be benched?

Yeah, but only for the ABs where he wasn't gonna get a hit though.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

A.o.D. posted:

Game 7 extra innings.

This plus the narrative for both teams.

Also recency bias.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

CubsWoo posted:

The Mets have renamed their AA affiliate the Binghamton Rumble Ponies.

I can't wait for the SI Yankees to announce their new name.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Atomizer posted:

Other Teams Matter!

MLS doesn't, though.

(I say that even as I'm planning on being at the NYCFC game on Sunday :v:)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I need a gif of Zobrist skipping in from the outfield.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Black Sabas posted:

I was looking around earlier for a chief wahoo Jordan crying without luck, any help?

Godammit I am 99% sure I saw one within the last 2 days but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dexo posted:

They didn't blow it :smug:

Hey I remember were I saw it!

Dexo posted it!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Yay, thanks!

EDIT: RC Cola I think this may actually be a more avatarable gif than the Bryant one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Nov 3, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Regarding QOs, isn't there a decent chance that they are changed in this new CBA?

Also given the returns the Yankees got for Miller and Chapman, I can definitely see a team (maybe the Yankees???!!!) deciding to just say "gently caress it" on losing the draft pick since you can trade the guy for multiple top-end prospects later if you have to.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Nov 4, 2016

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Shwarber, Russell, and Fowler are all on MLBN now and they're all adorable.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I've only been to one Yankees parade (and it wasn't 2009) but it was amazing and I am super happy I was at it.

Also I have become a big Carl Edwards Jr fan, way out of proportion to how much he's played/I know about him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

CJ Edwards aka Hardees aka Stringbean is awesome, he's just a super lanky dude from backwoods Georgia and I'm really hoping we see a ton of him next year.

He just seems so happy and also he did well in the games I watched and that's always nice :shobon:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

CubsWoo posted:

Theo at this point could walk into Cooperstown and demand they build him his plaque and place it in the newly created Epstein wing while he sits on a lawn chair, downs tall boys and wings the empties at anyone nearby,

Well now I definitely have to make another trip upstate.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

beejay posted:

Does anyone know if the hats with the "Postseason" or "World Series" patches on them historically are restocked after the fact? Or is it done after they sell out? Specifically I want this one but it's not in stock in my size. I want the hat like they wear on the field.

I assume they'll be making them until the end of next season, it seems like that's what they've done since I imagine a lot of gear only gets sold at physical locations/in the stadium.

Also yeah, you have to go with the on-field caps, all of the special stuff is always awful (except for the gold logo stuff, sometimes that looks pretty decent.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

beejay posted:

I agree although I have a number of hats with older style logos on them that I like.

That's fine, I just mean the ones with like, the trophy on the front and all that poo poo.

I'm holding off on replacing my Yankees hat until I can get one with a WS patch on it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Scob posted:

i thought the yankees were done signing broken down old guys

They can sign Rich Hill, I'll allow that.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gardy winning a Golden Glove means at least one voting process went right last night I guess?

bad boy in the boy band posted:

How hard is it to learn 1B?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyvu1nWjOlI&t=118s

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Explosionface posted:

This goes excellent with Javy pointing right at us.

I was about to do that "emptyquote with avatar" thing.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

Wonder if it has anything to do with the gear having the Chief Wahoo branding on it.

If this is the case they should have come right out and said it because...

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

oh no, poor people might receive money in exchange for goods

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

God dammit, Jake :eng99:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GoatSeeGuy posted:

Well I'm not going to eat your "pizza", so it's Lion's Choice, White Castle, or Jack In The Box tacos. I'm just driving through to someplace nicer anyway.

There you go! Food chat, the staple of offseason threads!

Pizza is an open-faced sandwich.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dexo posted:

To be fair him blowing that save wasn't on him at all. Like Joe Maddon burned that dude hard. And then he came back out and pitched a good inning when he had absolutely nothing. He had to throw like 10 straight sliders and got people out.

Not to say he's worth 100 million. But I don't hold game 7 against him.

Wait. Was this Joe's plan all along? Burn up Chapman, make him look bad in ~~big spotz~~ and then drive his price down so the Cubs could resign him?!!

:v:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Paul Zuvella posted:

I suppose saying it's a bad stat is a bit hyperbolic. It's just not as useful as player WAR and is generally, in my eyes, does a bad job capturing who the best pitchers are.

Generally speaking, I think it rewards worse pitchers for pitching more innings than in should. This is a big deal, as it punishes a pitcher for playing on a team with a better bullpen.

Also pitcher wins are dumb, so clearly pitcher wins above replacement must also be dumb, duh.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

https://twitter.com/noahsyndergaard/status/797100165110730752

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

Damnit

Now the Astros are stuck with the lovely Gurriel for no reason

e: Just 7/22 for Lourdes? WTF Luhnow you couldn't beat that?

I thought the consensus was that Yulieski was actually the better player, but his age limited his ceiling.

I kind of wanted the Yankees to get him but I'm not too broken up about this, he's not Yoan Moncada 2.0 or anything.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Hand Knit posted:

Isn't Morales DH-only?

Yes, he is.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

GoatSeeGuy posted:

I'd be surprised if Detroit let just those two be the deal without throwing in some more long term money like a Sanchez or maybe even Zimmerman. Verlander is getting around market rate but Kinsler is cheap, the haul would have to be massive for just those two.

Also I'm not well-versed with the Dodger's prospects, but who are they giving up that doesn't make the trade a wash for LA?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Apparently the Yankees have a lot of suitors for McCann, which surprises me. He'd still have to waive his NTC, but I would imagine that Cashman isn't just dangling him out there for salary relief.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

I feel like Brian McCann would be an upgrade for a lot of teams. Off the top of my head, the Astros, M's, Nats are contenders who could use him. Tigers, maybe? Are they still committed to their young guy? Or how about a bad team like the Braves who think they could contend by 2018.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't be surprised that teams are going after him, since GMs are generally smart people. My first reaction was probably biased by the fact that if you ask Yankees fans about McCann they'll tell you he's trash because we're mostly big dumb idiots used to everybody on the team hitting .300 every year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I really really hope Gary gets the AL ROY and also shaves that awful chinstrap off.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Actually Gary Sanchez is the greatest and gently caress all of you.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

All I want for hot stove season-mas is a LF, DH or 1B who can OPS over 700

So yeah I'd take a catcher OPSing 750

I hear you have some pitchers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I am so hyped for the Staten Island Pizza Rats, now that they've dragged the whole thing out so long that nobody remembers what they're even referencing.

• Locked thread