Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I want to see the Indians-winning Nike and Budweiser commercials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I wake up today and the Cubs are still WS Champions and I still feel giddy. Can't say I actually enjoyed watching the game while it was happening but in the end it was my personal greatest sports moment ever and nothing will ever top it.

edit: time for a new avatar

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
schadenfreude is an essential part of sports and should be encouraged imo

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
I might have beat you to it

although really everyone should have that moment so

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Pancakes posted:

Illinois really only went blue because of Chicago. Cardinals fans in Illinois appear, by and large, to be Trump voters. :sigh:

Anyone have a handy resource to show outspoken liberals among MLB? I assume it must be a small list.

You just lit Poque's Bat Signal.
Brandon McCarthy is, as far as I can tell, one of the best people in baseball (and extremely funny to boot)

edit: Got myself a jacket, thanks for the heads up

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 9, 2016

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

Dexter Fowler wrote a Players Tribune article that's pretty good.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/dexter-fowler-cubs-world-series-champs/

Theo, can we please keep him forever?

Good article, and that pic of his daughter as an elephant is adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
As far as I can tell all baseball fans (besides Yankees fans) expect their teams to lose, just with different degrees of certainty

• Locked thread