Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Le Saboteur posted:

It feels a bit like RDA has lost a step since the loss to Alvarez.

*COUGH usada

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
i think i love tony ferguson

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I think its 2-2 but if i had to pick a winner its ferguson.

Rd 5 lets gooo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I want to see T Ferg fight Conor Mcgregor. That fight would be something.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Ferguson boxing is unreal right now

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

schweens posted:

I think its 2-2 but if i had to pick a winner its ferguson.

agreed

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I have it 3-1 for Ferg but I could easily see 2-2

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Le Saboteur posted:

I've always been a believer of Tony but McGregor would gently caress him up and earn a TKO stoppage within 2 rounds.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I feel like a big left hook from RDA is coming

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012

Bubba Smith posted:

I've always been a believer of Tony but McGregor would gently caress him up and earn a TKO stoppage within 2 rounds.

I thought that too but after this performance I think Tony would beat him.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

I feel like a big left hook from RDA is coming

Ferguson had been walking through them all night

jediguy
Apr 19, 2002

Bubba Smith posted:

I don't know man that was an impressive performance by Tony

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
good fight, ferguson looked great.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Bubba Smith posted:

Ferguson is good but he gets hit a lot. With RDA he's just eaten it and come back, and he's the one moving forward. He'll probably win the fight here on the strength of his chin. He's absorbing a lot of left hands in this fight, just eating them and not caring. I think if he was fighting Conor...he probably couldn't afford to take those hits.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Ferg won that.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Cool back-and-forth fight, that was a great performance by Ferguson (which I guess is saying a lot because I've never seen him not bring it)

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

I wonder if Khabib would have been able to get/keep Tony down.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That's gonna take some years off RDA. Makes you wonder how hard Alvarez must hit.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
I guess RDA could have fallen off but I don't think any version of him could ever beat the T-Ferg that showed up tonight. Don't think Khabib would either, or McGregor, or Alvarez. Too good, to tough, too much stamina and volume.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

OH WORD SON posted:

Ferguson had been walking through them all night

I really have no idea how he did that. I was pulling for RDA but I think he's done in terms of title picture. What the gently caress are they gonna do with the light weight belt if Conor and khabib win?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Sick fight

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yeah, Tony seems like the uncrowned champ right now.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Ya. how long does it take them to add these free cards to FightPass? I want to watch that again

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

That fight owned. Can't wait to see Ferg fight again

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tony was dancing out there, it was so cool to watch

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Lando Vannata is really good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i lost money on that and not even mad. that's the best t-ferg i've seen and he is the business. extremely good poo poo.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I've gotta think that beating RDA took retroactively makes Alvarez look pretty good too

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Alvarez is the hardest hitting lightweight.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah, Tony seems like the uncrowned champ right now.

idk
the current champion is a guy with great ring awareness who can hit hard as gently caress from different angles even moving backwards, and if he isn't the champ it will be a guy with the best counter left straight in the sport. If you got a guy who is completely about moving forward, who has obviously porous defense on the feet, I wouldn't call him a lock to grab that belt from either of those guys

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah, I dunno about that.

Conor could definitely win, but I think it would be a really competitive fight after what we just saw from Tony.

Assuming Conor beats Eddie, the first ever 9 fight win streak in the lightweight division isn't enough, and he'll need to go 1-1 with Nate Diaz before he can have a crack at two weight champ Conor Mcgregor. So it may be some time before we see them fight.

That fight was super sick and everything I hoped for. I'm an RDA fan and not even mad that he lost, though I did feel a bit bad for him as he seemed a little choked up in the post fight interview. Tony looked incredible.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Lando Vannata is really good

Yeah he is.

Dan Didio posted:

Alvarez is the hardest hitting lightweight.

Taisumov

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Ferguson was looking stiff in the 1st round but when he gets loose his striking is a joy to watch, he'll just hit you with everything at every angle. his biggest flaws are that he doesn't really move his head and always has his hands way down so he gets hit a lot but nobody has been able to punish him for that yet, he has a really good chin. anyway give him a title shot uncle dana

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ferguson was looking stiff in the 1st round but when he gets loose his striking is a joy to watch, he'll just hit you with everything at every angle. his biggest flaws are that he doesn't really move his head and always has his hands way down so he gets hit a lot but nobody has been able to punish him for that yet, he has a really good chin. anyway give him a title shot uncle dana

You can't say he hasn't been punished for it in the same sentence you say he gets hit a lot. RDA hit him a ton with really hard shots but the reach advantage, Ferguson's chin and cardio helped him.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
getting hit a lot is fine if you're hitting the other guy more and your chin holds up, was my point

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Mean Bean Machine posted:

getting hit a lot is fine if you're hitting the other guy more and your chin holds up, was my point

I disagree because eventually his chin will not hold up or he'll fight a guy he can't outland. Still cool as gently caress to watch though.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Rda was landing at the end of his reach. It will be interesting to see Ferguson against a southpaw with slightly longer reach. One guy in particular

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009
I missed the fights, were they worth seeking out? Lamas tapping Oliviera and Soto by heel hook both please me greatly. Was Sanchez vs. Held sick grappling or bad striking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Sprecherscrow posted:

I missed the fights, were they worth seeking out? Lamas tapping Oliviera and Soto by heel hook both please me greatly. Was Sanchez vs. Held sick grappling or bad striking?
Bit of both. Held would have done alright with his striking but instead repeatedly tried to foot lock a guy who's done a lifetime of yoga.

• Locked thread