Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

But Heather Jo Clark, I will not disparage. She is beautiful and untamed, like girl on hood of car in Whitesnake video.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Fight Pass prelims startin'.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

Smile ' n Sam time :coolfish:

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Alvey is consistently stepping inside the foot with the right hook as Nicholson circles to the outside, and he's starting to catch him a little bit.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I think the only time either guy really hurt the other was that body kick by Nicholson, but Alvey's punches had him spinning away into the fence two or three times and even if he didn't seem genuinely hurt that's much more visible to the judges. Tough round to call.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
That brawl at the end might have stolen the round for Alvey, he was losing before that

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

I think Alvey was fighting injured as well. Something just looked off about him tonight.

Could just be the elevation. Or the combination of elevation and two groin shots.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Well that was a heck of a round

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I'd rather see a fight stopped too early than too late, but that seemed really hasty

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I was just about to post about how Soto showed really excellent leglock acumen in EBI, and welp

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

fatherdog posted:

Could just be the elevation. Or the combination of elevation and two groin shots.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

haha holy poo poo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Jim Miller was tapping Oliveira before it was cool

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Who's this Held guy is he good?

Pole Harris

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Held is starting to win the standup by sheer dint of not giving a poo poo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol at everything happening in that last minute

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Held is staying pretty active for a guy whose lungs are visibly attempting to escape his body

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
"And I want to thank this guy right here" *points at interpreter* "cuz I know I'm not the most easiest guy to translate for!"

Of all the Diego Sanchez's out there, you're the Diego Sanchest

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

I like the Conor promo here where he's like, "these people are not on my level" after he was given two tries to get past Nate Diaz, of all people

I just assume "level" is a euphemism for "tax bracket"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
1 - 1. Ferguson's head movement and footwork were really dialed in in round 2.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ferguson is fighting brilliantly. The mixing up of body and head shots as RDA covers up, the footwork, the quick use of the thai clinch to block shots

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I have it 3-1 for Ferg but I could easily see 2-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Ferguson was looking stiff in the 1st round but when he gets loose his striking is a joy to watch, he'll just hit you with everything at every angle. his biggest flaws are that he doesn't really move his head and always has his hands way down so he gets hit a lot but nobody has been able to punish him for that yet, he has a really good chin. anyway give him a title shot uncle dana

Actually I thought his head movement was much improved in this match and was probably the main reason he wasn't getting killed; even when RDA was hitting him he was rolling with the shots.

• Locked thread