Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Lord Hydronium posted:

If we give Nevada to Hillary, what would be the next best bet for Trump in this map? Colorado?

The early voting there isn't looking peachy for Donald. Pennsylvania isn't far ahead, but seems really stable.
Maybe Michigan? It only has a 4 point lead. Mister prime Arzy gives it 76%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

canepazzo posted:

He just announced another stop, in MN. Cointoss if he's bullshitting or not.

kellyanne says theyre going fwiw

https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/794911290284195840

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

I dumbed down for my audience to double my dollars
They criticized me for it, yet they all yell "holla"
If skills sold, truth be told, I'd probably be
Lyrically Talib Kweli
Truthfully I wanna rhyme like Common Sense
But I did 5 mil - I ain't been rhyming like Common since

Clearly Trump has never used language like that because he isn't capable of speaking above a 4th grade level

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's not going to do anything, because Trump's supporters already have sussed that he wasn't faithful in his marriages and don't care, but Trump had a long-term affair with a Playboy model a year into his third marriage, and the Trump-friendly National Enquirer bought the story and sat on it.

Blorange
Jan 31, 2007

A wizard did it

Going to states with a 5+ lean against you is a reasonable strategy if you're trying for a moonshot based the potential for systemic polling errors in traditionally stable states. The alternative is that it's a new crowd and Trump TV isn't going to sell itself. The real answer is probably none of the above, and it's all based on an internal poll of Trump telling himself he's awesome enough to sway the entire Midwest by showing up.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

It's not going to do anything, because Trump's supporters already have sussed that he wasn't faithful in his marriages and don't care, but Trump had a long-term affair with a Playboy model a year into his third marriage, and the Trump-friendly National Enquirer bought the story and sat on it.

I actually forgot how many times Trump has been married now

NBC is sitting on Apprentice footage and is refusing to release it IIRC.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Pastrymancy posted:

I actually forgot how many times Trump has been married now

NBC is sitting on Apprentice footage and is refusing to release it IIRC.

They claim they don't have the ability to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The best numbers autistic out there thinks NV is more than likely going Hillary.

https://twitter.com/ForecasterEnten/status/794757473378902016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/794916895052939264

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

canepazzo posted:

He just announced another stop, in MN. Cointoss if he's bullshitting or not.

Minnesota's probably not going for Trump, but it has been underpolled this election, so I can see Trump's angle here: it's a big question mark, and a very alluring prize provided he can turn it red.

I grew up in Minnesota and lived there for many years. I can tell you it's trending to the right, though probably not at the pace Wisconsin is. But it's probably a waste of time for him. He'd be better off making another stop in Wisconsin. If Minnesota goes for the Republicans, it's almost a sure bet Wisconsin already has.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The best numbers autistic out there thinks NV is more than likely going Hillary.

Remember when Ohio and New Hampshire were actually relevant states?
Florida still is, kinda. Whoever wins Florida will win the election. (assuming it's Hillary)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Filthy Hans posted:

FL came within a hair's breadth in 2012 and failed because of some conservative doctors' fear mongering bullshit, but I think you're right and it won't be that close this time

old people suck
That was actually in 2014. It did get a majority but in FL any ballot initiative needs to get 60% or more to become law.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Filthy Hans posted:

FL came within a hair's breadth in 2012 and failed because of some conservative doctors' fear mongering bullshit, but I think you're right and it won't be that close this time

old people suck

I just saw this posted this morning. Dunno how reputable UNF Public Opinion Research Lab is, but they say 73% support for Amendment 2 from their polling.

We had a majority vote in favor of medical in 2014 with 58%, but thanks to JEB! our Amendments have to hit 60% to pass.

JEB!'s 2006 amendment to make any further amendment require 60% to pass itself passed with 58% support. :shepicide:

e: beaten

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Wisconsin Trump rally is cancelled.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

smash mouth eat this egg

If Clinton gets NV then there's really no way Trump wins. He'd have to take a blue wall state, and none of those even look possible at this stage. AND he'd have to win both FL and NC.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

DaveWoo posted:

You're right about that being an insanely busy schedule - Trump's going to be a wreck at the end of all that.

A big part of the reason for that schedule is because Trump doesn't really have any big-name surrogates to speak for him, so he has to do everything himself. Meanwhile, Hillary has Barack and Michelle Obama, Joe Biden, Bill Clinton, Elizabeth Warren, and Bernie Sanders all going around the country, giving speeches on her behalf.

That's such a good point I hadn't even considered. Trump has no former Republican Presidents, all of his primary rivals hate his guts and are only working with him reluctantly except Chris Christie, who can't appear in public because of Bridgegate. Swing state congresscreatures are trying to walk a tight rope of not appearing too close to him. He has no surrogates. What a mess.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Teddybear posted:

I think the last polls I saw in Massachusetts had it up around 55ish.

Yeah, 55-40, although the most recent polls has it around 48-44. I think it's gonna pass.

Mass has been working to test the waters for a few years now. In 2008 there was a question to decriminalize it, and then in 2012 there was a question to make it legal for medical purposes and both passed by a pretty safe margin. I feel like they were building up to this moment and I think it'll pass.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Periodiko posted:

That's such a good point I hadn't even considered. Trump has no former Republican Presidents, all of his primary rivals hate his guts and are only working with him reluctantly except Chris Christie, who can't appear in public because of Bridgegate. Swing state congresscreatures are trying to walk a tight rope of not appearing too close to him. He has no surrogates. What a mess.

wasn't there talk of getting his wife and kids to fill that role? i don't think anything came of that, did it?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Periodiko posted:

He has Rudy. And his wife, I guess. Pence is still campaigning, right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

It's incredibly weird to only see Trump stumping for himself. Absolutely no one except for lunatics like Rudy Giuliani wants anything to do with him.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Lord Hydronium posted:

If we give Nevada to Hillary, what would be the next best bet for Trump in this map? Colorado?
Sevastopol

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

canepazzo posted:

Wisconsin Trump rally is cancelled.

Even better: Ryan had just announced he would be campaigning with him in WI.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

cant cook creole bream posted:

He has Rudy. And his wife, I guess. Pence is still campaigning, right?

I've seen live streams of Rudy doing warm up for a Trump rally it is... not good.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Mr Hootington posted:

Ralston is the #1 expert on NV early voting and he's declared Trump DOA in Nevada. Without Nevada his paths are very narrow, and might include moonshot-poo poo like Minnesota. It was posted on the last page:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794905326642302976

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Antti posted:

Ralston is the #1 expert on NV early voting and he's declared Trump DOA in Nevada. Without Nevada his paths are very narrow, and might include moonshot-poo poo like Minnesota. It was posted on the last page:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794905326642302976

Ah, you see, you say that but:

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/794931336138072064

and here's why he's doing a rally in IA:

https://twitter.com/samsteinhp/status/794931619849261056

Supposedly 1 more IA and one OH poll coming out today.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Chelb posted:

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794737005091401728

Seeing the hispanic vote surge in Nevada and where I live in the deep south of Texas has been pretty awesome. My sister works as a librarian and when she left for home yesterday she said the early voting line looked like a line to a store on Black Friday.

yep. trumps lasting legacy will be mobilizing the hispanic vote, and mobilizing them against the GOP

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

Beaten but yeah. The one in Florida dealing with solar energy that was written by the utility companies. It's so dishonestly worded that it sounds like a vote FOR solar energy.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/03/florida-solar-amendment-utility-companies-electricity

Yeah, Georgia has one of those.

Amendment 1, titled "Provides greater flexibility and state accountability to fix failing schools through increasing community involvement" is about creating a special school district just for failing schools which is supervised by the state. Nothing on the ballot mentions that it will grant the state the power to ignore the local school board, and to turn schools into charters with private management.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016
Just got off the phone with my local campaign office. Volunteered to knock on doors on Monday and election day.

No chance of affecting the presidential election, but might help tip the balance of power in the Senate.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

BiggerBoat posted:

Beaten but yeah. The one in Florida dealing with solar energy that was written by the utility companies. It's so dishonestly worded that it sounds like a vote FOR solar energy.

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2016/03/florida-solar-amendment-utility-companies-electricity

It's also being challenged in court and might get struck no matter the result.

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Could anyone repost the picture someone posted which summarized HRC's chances of winning based on different polling aggregators? It's a bit old at this point, so I'd like to revisit the sites mentioned to see how things have changed.

Bloops Crusts
Aug 14, 2016

military cervix posted:

Could anyone repost the picture someone posted which summarized HRC's chances of winning based on different polling aggregators? It's a bit old at this point, so I'd like to revisit the sites mentioned to see how things have changed.

I think the one you're thinking fo comes from the New York Times. Check out their Upshot page.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's also being challenged in court and might get struck no matter the result.

It's not going to; the Florida SC said 'nope' to getting it tossed
(reminder these are the same chucklefucks who let it in in the first place)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

military cervix posted:

This?

From http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html which has a lot of good charts.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The Onion posted:

WASHINGTON—Growing increasingly panicked while struggling with the safety devices, the nation’s still-undecided voters reportedly shouted for help Friday when they couldn’t get their seatbelts off. “Help me—it’s stuck,” said Westerville, OH resident Daniel Roark, who has yet to determine which presidential candidate he will be voting for after a year and a half of campaigning, primaries, conventions, attack ads, and three nationally televised debates, adding that the lap and shoulder restraint “is really, really tight” and “hurts [his] stomach.” “Ow, ow, ow. I can’t get this part out of the other thing. I’m pulling on it a lot, but it’s not working. It’s squishing me.” At press time, 30 percent of the undecided voters had cut off their oxygen supply after inadvertently tangling their seatbelt around their neck.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Periodiko posted:

I've seen live streams of Rudy doing warm up for a Trump rally it is... not good.

The most horrifying of blowjob faces.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I got a call yesterday to go out and vote from... the Republicans?

Well I mean, ok, if that's what you want.

+1 for HRC and Ducksworth.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
This election has been so fun to watch. I remember back in 2012, when Romney was so confident and making his last-minute stumps in places like Pennsylvania and some (including me, though not vocally) were Arzying about it. Does he know something we don't?

Trump throws a rally in Minnesota and I just laugh. Here I'm pretty confident that, no, Trump does not have some insider data or masterplan I just don't get.

TheGreatGnocchi
Jun 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I understand the significance of Clark County in NV, but isn't it a fact that Republicans tend to wait until election day to vote? So isn't having a lead in early voters kind of expected for Hillary? I'm just trying to understand the correlation of how her lead means she is going to win the state.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

ZeeToo posted:

This election has been so fun to watch. I remember back in 2012, when Romney was so confident and making his last-minute stumps in places like Pennsylvania and some (including me, though not vocally) were Arzying about it. Does he know something we don't?

Trump throws a rally in Minnesota and I just laugh. Here I'm pretty confident that, no, Trump does not have some insider data or masterplan I just don't get.
The biggest tell on Trump for me is the fact that he scheduled a very subdued celebration, because it's not happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

TheGreatGnocchi posted:

I understand the significance of Clark County in NV, but isn't it a fact that Republicans tend to wait until election day to vote? So isn't having a lead in early voters kind of expected for Hillary? I'm just trying to understand the correlation of how her lead means she is going to win the state.

The lead, statewide, is bigger than the lead Obama had after early voting closed. Dems even lead in Washoe, which usually leans Republican after early voting.

• Locked thread