Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Woohoo!

Gift Preferences
I would like anything Ghar for Gates of Antaries (order die, models, etc).
Some small games too! Something like Front Line No Komrades or The Grizzled.
I like anime and tits. Also, anime tits.

I also may edit this later with better suggestions before the cutoff date!

General Location
Wisconsin! Home of cheese and beer and cheese beer soup (which is more of a dip for bread than an actual soup).

Solemn Vow
I will stay off the baddy list by listening to the rules.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The worst submarine
Apr 26, 2010

The spirit of Christmas compels me!

Gift Preferences
I do not want any CCGs, minis, or other collectibles that I will waste loads of money on. Board games and card games of any other sort are awesome, I normally have a large group so player count is not an issue! (Current collection) If you have a game you made, I would love to see it. I've heard RPGs are cool but I've never played. Maybe one of those would be good?! Choose your own adventure books are neat.

Please nothing lewd or smelly.

General Location
New Mexico, the one in the United States.

Solemn Vow
This is my first secret Santa, I'll do my best and follow the rules!
:rory:

The worst submarine fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 11, 2016

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
Gift Preferences
I've been eyeing 40k Orks for a while, a fun starting point with them would be great! Bonus points to the goon who makes it a propa orky gift.

General Location
South Dakota, hell of gaming in the US.

Solemn Vow
First online secret santa, im stoked. I'll do it right

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gift CommandmentsPreferences
Cool, weird, ~innovative~ RPGs, preferably on the lighter side. PoD or PDF are fine. I'm coming around to wanting to try X-wangs. But really anything fun and cool to a know-it-all sarcastic idiot. Animes, movies, family games. A list of things I already have in a category of stuff can be provided on request.

General Location
The Brownback layer of HellTopeka, Kansas

Solemn Vow
By the power vested in me by my debit card, I shall deliver a timely gift of a non-dildo sort to some ?lucky? goon.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up to here. No emails yet from LordAba and TheSoundNinja.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

God I could use some holiday cheer right about now.

Gift Preferences
Most Trad Games books/minis/dice will sadly be wasted on me, as neat as they are, as I do not have the time currently to play them. Mostly I enjoy sci-fi/fantasy books, vidja gams (steam id is Rhjamiz), and food. Or really, anything else that might be interesting; really I just enjoy the surprise of the gift and gift-giving in return!

No anime or CCG stuff tho. Nope.

General Location
Louisiana

Solemn Vow
Ain't never gonna grinch.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Nov 10, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup. Let's be completely clear now: absolutely no political talk in this thread. But, if you are feeling the strong need for some holiday cheer, this is a great thing to do to help spread it.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Gift Preferences
I have a regular game night each week that has 5 people in it. My BGG list is up to date, however my brother-in-law has many of the games I don't, so if you're unsure, please ask! I also regularly game with just my brother-in-law, so 2 player games are dandy! I wouldn't be upset with any of the Scythe Kickstarter add-ons, since I got it retail. Metal coins, extra power dials, more realistic resources, that sort of thing.

I don't do miniatures or war games like that, don't have strong feelings about anime that isn't gross and covered in boobs, and am not into CCGs.

General Location
Kansas City, Kansas

Solemn Vow
You gonna get gifted.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Gift Preferences
I love miniatures and I love unused miniatures. The logical thing would be to ask for stuff that goes well with Infinity NCA lists (I have the NCA and the old PanO starter, also dronbots and a tag), 30K Deathguard loyalists, 40K Space Marines and Imperial Guard (on the off chance that you somehow manage to squeeze a killteam into $30, I'll be happy to get anything non-Daemon, Tau, Nids or Nurgle related - in generally I prefer Kill Team-y stuff), Bolt Action Italian Paras or a box of British soldiers (help me bring the Brits up to 500pts), SAGA Vikings (I have the 44 Hirdmen box) aaand maybe Sigmarines or some tanks for the GF9 TANKS! Box. I also have two X-Wing starters and the basic Scum and Villainy box, as well as a single TIE bomber. I could probably use Infinity tokens (of the ~25mm sorts) or Infinity measuring ruler, but I would be happiest with miniatures; I definitely don't need any non-miniature stuff for the other games. I also wouldn't mind hex and chit wargames up to company level combat in scale. I have the pocket version of OGRE that I played once, Zeppelin Attack that I haven't played and Magblast. I probably weer more simulationist.
I would probably accept Milhist thread approved paperbacks, good sci-fi and the better Hams books (I have read Eisenhorn, ask for anything else). I love paperbacks! Quantity has a quality of it's own, so if you find $30 worth of used (good) hams novels at Book Off or something, be my guest.

General Location
Lithuania, Europe

Solemn Vow
I will buy and send you poo poo you will hopefully like.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Gift Preferences: Tabletop RPG-based, not White Wolf or 40K. I've also got a taste for collecting gloriously or amusingly bad TRPGs as long as it's not the tasteless kind. (For instance, I own a copy of Synnibar). I also like rules-light or narrative games like PTBA, Fate, or just esoteric stuff.

Solemn Vow: Solemnly vowed.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

Caught up to here. No emails yet from LordAba and TheSoundNinja.

Mailed you that e.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'm back!

Gift Preferences:
- Board/card games: I will take anything you think is awesome. I already own: Betrayal at House on the Hill+xpac, Burger Up, Carcassonne+Hills & Sheep, Eldritch Horror+xpacs, Hanabi, Joking Hazard, Love Letter, Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, Tragedy Looper+xpacs.
- RPG books: I won't get as much use out of these but if there's something you think is a must-have I'll take it. My group has enjoyed D&D, Fate, Atomic Robo, Eclipse Phase, 13th Age, Strike!, Fiasco, and Various Anime Games. I have all the Fate/D&D 4E books I need.
- Accessories: Cool stuff like dice, dice towers, bags, etc.
- I am a casual anime watcher and will take Anime Stuff that isn't creepy.
- I am a shameless Pokemon boy and will take any Pokemon stuff you got.
- I lost my PAX Aus 2013 stuff so if you have a spare patch or something I'll accept that :v:

If there's something you've been itching to throw at someone that isn't on this list, I am pretty easy and like surprises.

Please Don't Send: Evil Hat fate dice, Magic: the Gathering, Apocalypse World, Exploding Kittens or similar, Munchkin, minis, Warhammer, the Complete Book of Elves, zombies, gore, food/drink, dongs, etc.

General Location: :australia:. Willing to send gifts international, especially Oceanic.

Vow, Solemn: My gifts will be delivered on time so I can ban Grinches. :unsmigghh:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I'm here for another round!

Gift Preferences
Board games are the best. My BGG List is here.
Expansions to Dixit, Carcassone, and Tokaido are very welcomed. Otherwise, I like lots of different games. I have a short wishlist but anything that is highly recommended by the goon hivemind in the boardgames thread would find an easy home in my collection.

I also have X-wangs. I currently only own the FA starter set, plus one X-wing; so basically go hog wild with ships.
I also play Netrunner. I have the starter set, Creation and Control, Data and Destiny, What Lies Ahead (Genesis Cycle), The Underway (SanSan Cycle), and Kala Ghoda (Mumbad Cycle). If you want to buy me nets to run, the other two deluxe expansions would be nice, or any packs out of the Genesis Cycle, Mumbad Cycle, or Flashpoint Cycle would be preferred, but my collection is quite small, so there's not really anything you could go wrong with.

I'm a big miniatures wargammer, though that's been on hold for the past two years as my collection resides entirely on a different continent than where I live. But, I got on the Kickstarter for Dropfleet Commander (still waiting) so ships are appreciated. I haven't decided on which fleet I'll go for, but I'm leaning either UCM or PHR.
Otherwise, I've been interested in getting into Frostgrave and Infinity, so anything that would push me into actually collecting those would work.
Miniatures in general (role-playing types, Reaper Bones, etc) are always welcomed, as I love to build and paint in general.
I don't really have a collection of paints at the moment, so if you send me Vallejo paints or similar, it'd be awesome. Just be careful of where I live and what can be shipped!

Non-gaming stuff: I like models, have a few Gunpla kits laying about, own a motorcycle and ride it everyday, like to watch racing, like to cook, play badminton on occasion, build Tamiya mini-4wd kits and like to drink tea.

If you're still short on ideas, fellow goon Safety Biscuits knows me personally and well enough to offer suggestions as to what kind of trad games stuff I'd like.

DO NOT GET
Titty minis
Munchkin
DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY (one caveat: if you happen to own a collection of BFG ships and are trying to get rid of them, I'll happily adopt them.)

General Location: The Island of Formosa (Taiwan, R.O.C)

Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow not to grinch any fellow goons, so help my SA account, Lowtax.

CovfefeCatCafe fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 11, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Caught up to here! still no email from procrastinator TheSoundNinja.

TheSoundNinja
May 18, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Caught up to here! still no email from procrastinator TheSoundNinja.

Sorry! This week has been crazy, with me running events at multiple stores in the area. You should have an email in your inbox now

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got it and responded. Thanks, TSN!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My name is Rabbit, and I have a gift giving habit :quagmire:

4th year now!

Gift preferences:
  • If you've always wanted to do the hand made or unique gift thing then good news, I'm your guy! I like interesting things, anything legal in Australia; I really enjoy reading, I like to build model kits, I like cool and interesting things or treats from around the world, and yes I'm old enough to drink. :woof: My dog Casper wants to let you know he's looking forward to opening and inspecting the box for me
  • If you're looking for slightly more retail structure, then my BGG collection, Amazon.co.uk wishlist (and things that catch my eye hey that looks cool list) and miniatures collection (check the tabs, they're colour coded by genre) should give you some idea of what I already have, what I might want, and what armies/collections might need expanding. Alternatively, if there's a different game you think I might like, or some bit of gaming, modeling, or painnting kit I might need, feel free to expand my horizons!
  • If you're a nervous nellie, and not great at figuring these things out or making decisions, then that's fine too - I'd be happy to receive any expansions I don't already have from X-Wing, Star Wars Armada, Gale Force 9's Tanks (including 15mm alternatives like Forged in Battle, and Plastic Soldier Company five tank value boxes), Malifaux, or some good expansions for Carcassonne or Ticket to Ride.
Maybe not: I don't have an RPG group, I mean I barely have a boardgame group, and I drive an hour north just to get games of Kings of War, so unless it's an RPG book that's really interesting just to read, I probably won't get much use out of it. I'm set for paint brushes thanks to the Oath Thread, and also pretty set for dice, unless they're forged from a meteorite or equally showy. I'm also set for Deadzone and Warpath, and I have a big box of Reaper Bones 2, with Bones 3 on the way next year. Also no CCGs, and none of the goon identified "bad games" like Munchkin, Exploding Kittens, etc

General Location: Adelaide, :australia:

Solemn Vow: I will never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never — in gifting, great or small, large or petty — never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy, procrastination.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 17, 2016

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I am down for some damned HOLIDAY CHEER!

Gift preferences: I am real into miniatures right now! Just started into the hobby a couple months ago but I'm already knee deep. So far I've got some Malifaux (Viktorias box) and 40k (Kill Team box) and some assorted Reaper stuff. I'm mostly interested in collecting and don't want to play 40k beyond Kill Team, still wanna get some Orks, Eldar, and Skitarii. Though tbh I'd be happy with minis from just about any line/game so long as they are interesting looking fantasy/sci-fi. Only requests are no historicals and nothing gory/grotesque. For other hobby stuff: I've been eyeing dice towers, Malifaux tokens, and playing cards with nice art for use with Malifaux. I also like reading really old RPG setting books (physical books, not PDFs, condition is unimportant.) I'm mostly good on dice but 40k means I could use more D6s.

No thank you:I used to play Magic but liquidated the majority of my collection a couple years ago. I'm not that into board games, LCGs, and the like. I like Gunpla but I'm pretty picky about kits. I already have enough dongs.

General Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Solemn Vow: I solemnly vow that I will not grinch a fellow goon.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, gently caress it I'm doing this again.

Hello Santa. I am Evil Mastermind and I am still angry all the time.

Gift Preferences: I'm a huge fan of obscure, weird-rear end RPGs. I have a shitton of physical books, but if you can find something weird out there that's not on the list I'd love to see it.

That spreadsheet also has (I think) my much smaller collection of board games. I'm not looking as much for board games, but if you see any Must Haves I'm missing, I'm always up for trying a new game. I really should make a BGG collection at some point...

I can also shoot out my Amazon or DriveThru wishlists if needed.

And just in case: I don't drink, and have nobody to use dongs with.

General Location: Rhode Island, the biggest little state in the union.

Solemn Vow: I will not grinch, or I get my goohuloog head kicked in.

Ewen Cluney
May 8, 2012

Ask me about
Japanese elfgames!
This seems cool, and I've been meaning to try it out forever.

Gift Preferences
I like weird RPGs, relatively simple and fast-playing card/board games that don't have secret role stuff, interesting and non-skeevy party games, surreal humor, weird anime, and tea (albeit mostly black tea, specifically without any flowers because I'm allergic to a lot of them).

I've kinda gotten my fill of D&D already over the past 20 years or so, and I don't have any interest in wargames or CCGs or really complicated board games. I'm really bad at actually reading really thick RPG books.

General Location
Northern California

Solemn Vow
I am not going to gently caress this up.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Might as well get some mod action in this!

Gift Preferences
Actual Story Books! The ones that accompany game systems. I like the Black Library stuff, especially Warhammer Fantasy but if you've got a game system you like that you want to send me a story book from to try drag me into your own weird favored system then bring it on. I'm sure DnD has a million of them to pick from if you're not sure on what. Audiobooks also fine if you don't want to mail me actual paper.

If you're not into books I'll accept RPG tat that I can stick on my desk next to my computer. Don't bother with actual system books, RPG's, Tabletop Boxes or CPG's, I either own it or don't want it!

General Location
I'm in Wales in the UK.

Solemn Vow
I am a bad enough dude to save Christmas. Don't worry, I got this.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I loving love Santa. I love being him even more.

Gift Preferences
I'm into Wargames, Grognard poo poo, model tanks, and running. I also really enjoy history books, Osprey sourcebooks, and RPG fluff, though not so much the RPG side of it. I live in the middle of loving nowhere so I'll play an RPG even less than I play my beloved wargames. But a juicy sourcebook with all sorts of fictional details and blueprints and backstory and awesome art... gently caress yah. In regard to boardgames follow the usual goon guidelines, no crappy games, or party games. I prefer my partying to be done with alcohol and not much else. My BGG list can be found here : BGG Collection I don't play 40k or the likes, but if you've got a cool tank or something I'll take it. Modeling - Painting poo poo doesn't scare me.

I'm open to food, knick knacks, or whatever makes your country/state unique. This box will likely be opened by my 6 year old kid and two dogs. So please, no dongs.

General Location

Northern Michigan.

Solemn Vow

I do hereby swear to not Grinch the greater goon.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
What up Trad games.

Gift Preferences

I'm into Grognardy stuff too. Wargames, Osprey sourcebooks, RPG fluff. Modern and beyond, not fantasy. Although I do love some Napoleonic stuff! I collect RPG/Miniatures source books and specifically have been working on the following collections:

Battletech
Martian Chronicles
Paranoia

And anything out of the ordinary or weird.

General Location

Pacific Northwest of the United States of America

Solemn Vowel

I WILL NOT BE A GRINCH I WILL BE GENEROUS AS ALL HELL.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Yup. Let's be completely clear now: absolutely no political talk in this thread. But, if you are feeling the strong need for some holiday cheer, this is a great thing to do to help spread it.

In light of this, I'm gonna throw something out there and Leperflesh can veto it if it sounds like a terrible idea.

To anyone who buys me a gift in either the preliminary round or any of the subsequent Bonus Lightning Rounds that I happen to sign up for, I will match the price of however much that gift cost and make a donation in your name for that amount of money to the charity of your choice (within reason, I reserve the right to not donate to NAMBLA or some MRA advocacy group or whatever). I will stand by this as part of my Solemn Vow for the year in that if I fail to donate it will count as grinching, whereupon I will be subject to mod justice. If you do not wish to disclose the dollar value of a gift that you've purchased for an internet stranger, which is a totally understandable thing, then I will simply default to a $30 donation to the charity of your choice.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Yay, this is back. How could I forsake the thread that bought me Space Station Dongs last year?

Gift Preferences:

It's a TG subforum so TG stuff. I'm into space wargames a lot (including X-Wing but Armada rather than the original) and lately have gotten into Frostgrave, but maybe more of a bias towards RPG books or board games this year; my Dropfleet kickstarter has given me enough minis to last for months. Gaming terrain is always welcome, especially things like planets or space stations (Ravenstar Studios' line would be an excellent place to start). I've also been getting into novelty dice recently.

Please no booze.

General Location:

London, United Kingdom

Solemn Vow:

By the Black Moons of Arcturus; by the nine Hells of Vor; by the blood I have shed drilling holes for tiny magnets; no Santee of mine shall e'er suffer grinchdom.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 16, 2016

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
This is awesome, thanks for organizing it!

Gift Preferences

My wife and I are always looking for new 2-player board games, especially something with cool art, an unusual game mechanic, or lots of replay value. Cool/clever/novel game components that can be used with games we already have or enhance the board gaming experience are great. Totally open to something handmade. Also happy to receive something totally weird and unexpected - doesn't need to be TG related. I don't really do miniature gaming, but can appreciate a cool or unusual mini to put in my curio or use in another board game. I collect xwangs (though rarely have occasion to play it) and have always been interested in acquiring/playing Star Wars: Armada.

Here is what we currently own including all the x-wing ships: https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/bruxism

due to mail restrictions please do not send: anything liquid, anything with lithium batteries, anything HUGE (like the size of a car tire), or anything that could be considered a weapon.

not interested in: anything pornographic, racist, sexist, munchkin, exploding kittens or anything similar, cards against humanity, magic the gathering or similar CCG, anime

General Location

West Coast...of Africa, but able to have things shipped to me via US Postal system at US Postal rates. Already discussed the logistics of this with LeperFlesh.

Solemn Vow

I do hereby swear to not Grinch. I will probably have to buy something online to be shipped directly, but will definitely deliver! If my gift receiver can be patient I'll try to send some cool unusual thing from the local market.

Bruxism fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 17, 2016

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?
I'd like to sign up - this sounds like a lot of fun!

Gift Preferences

I enjoy board games, but had to get rid of most of mine in a recent move. I prefer games where the players work together against the game, or where players work in teams against each other. My wife and I also really enjoy playing storytelling games (e.g. Downfall). However, I'm happy to take anything you think is awesome.

Similarly, while I've never gotten into miniature gaming, I'm keen to do so (in fact, this is what lead me to lurk in TG). So anything along these lines would be welcome too.

Finally, I really, really love fantasy atlases! There's something really enjoyable about pouring over fictional maps, blueprints, history, etc.

General Location
I live in central Scotland, though work in Glasgow.

Solemn Vow
I swear, on all that is good and holy/my mother's grave that I won't grinch anyone, and instead will send someone a lovely, fun gift!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

In light of this, I'm gonna throw something out there and Leperflesh can veto it if it sounds like a terrible idea.

To anyone who buys me a gift in either the preliminary round or any of the subsequent Bonus Lightning Rounds that I happen to sign up for, I will match the price of however much that gift cost and make a donation in your name for that amount of money to the charity of your choice (within reason, I reserve the right to not donate to NAMBLA or some MRA advocacy group or whatever). I will stand by this as part of my Solemn Vow for the year in that if I fail to donate it will count as grinching, whereupon I will be subject to mod justice. If you do not wish to disclose the dollar value of a gift that you've purchased for an internet stranger, which is a totally understandable thing, then I will simply default to a $30 donation to the charity of your choice.

I think this is a perfectly fine thing to do! Giving to charity is cool and good.

Bruxism posted:

General Location

West Coast...of Africa, but able to have things shipped to me via US Postal system at US Postal rates. Already discussed the logistics of this with LeperFlesh.

Yup! Welcome Bruxism, our very first TG Secret Santa participant from the African continent. I believe we've now got six of the seven continents covered: we just need an Antarctica goon to jump in, and we'll have the full set! If anyone knows of a goon living in Antarctica, please invite them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK I'm caught up with emails! One goon sent details but not their SA address; and I have two goon inbound emails (from Fans and turn it up TURN ME ON), so I don't know which one of you hasn't emailed yet and which one of you emailed but forgot to put your user name in. Fun!

We have one week left for signups for the main round! Several goons signed up to send and receive two gifts, so as of right now, we have 50 actual goons participating. Pretty good! But last year, we had 84 in the main round. So hopefully lots more signups to go.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I was the dummy but I got it done. So happy to be doing this again. Gonna bring a lot of joy to some lucky goon/ette.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Fourth year running, let's do this!

Gift Preferences
It's all about the miniatures for me. I make them, I paint them, I try not to lose interest halfway through painting them, and every now and again I play them. For the last year it's been the Death Guard in GW's Horus Heresy (30k) setting. I've already got all the Death Guard-specific models from Forge World except for Typhon, but there's much more endurance and corruption left to go! I'd love some more space marines in old-school armour, up to and including the Mark 6 beaky-helmet style. Also add-on parts for those guys, tanks and pretty much anything else to fill out a 30k army. I really enjoy conversion projects. I particularly like older miniatures, so if you don't want to give Games Workshop money, second-hand metal stuff is ideal (painted, unpainted, stripped, it's all the same to me). Likewise, there's a bunch of other companies making compatible parts, I'd be more than happy with those. Besides the miniatures, I like third-party textured/scenic bases (30/32mm and 40mm especially), paints and brushes, and other things for making models look good.

No thank you
RPGs, board games and card games. I just never get round to playing them.

Solemn Vow
I haven't grinched yet, and I won't grinch now.

Cascade Jones
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah, let's get in on some community holiday action!

Gift Preferences

I've gotten back into Battletech this year, so Mech and Mech-related items are good - Lance packs, those new faction dice, on the cheap books (not the novels though!), that kind of thing. Going hand in hand with that, I've just started the love/hate cycle of painting minis, and so far 1. I'm still learning so I'm making mistakes daily and 2. I need to fill out my kit of paints, brushes, test models, so all the Babby's First Model Kit stuff is great too.

My wife and I also have been getting into the Firefly board game. We just have the core set, no expansions, so that would be awesome too.

Oh, and though I'm spoiled for choice where I'm at, if you have an amazing craft beer in your area I'd love to try it!

As for No Thanks!, there's a 99% chance I'll have some very straight-laced people at my house through the holidays, and one or more of them may be present during gift-opening. That's a long way of saying No Dongs, Please.

General Location

Columbia Gorge, Oregon

Solemn Vow

I've already got the gift money, shipping money, and packing materials set aside; I vow to deliver a great present on time!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I think this is my fourth year also!

Gift Preferences

I quite like Netrunner! There are a few data packs I'd like to grab before they rotate out:
-Humanity's Shadow
-Second Thoughts

Slightly lower priority would be:
-Up and Over
-All that Remains
-First Contact
-The Source

Netrunner Accessories/Swag/Tokens are also cool!

For other random things, I could use a new keychain, and cool playing cards would also get a lot of use between traditional card games and Malifaux. In general I am also a fan of spooky things :ghost: and monsters :krakken:. Feel free to surprise me, as long as it's in relatively good taste.

I'd Really Rather Not...
receive anything digital, anime, or any RPGs.

Solemn Vow
Neither the angels in heaven above nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my cheer from the cheer of my chosen santee

Cinnamon Bear fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 8, 2016

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

I'm looking for a generous goon to help my lose my TGSS virginity :wink:

Gift Preferences
I've recently gotten into the board games side of the force. I have Dominion (and Intrigue, Alchemy, and Hinterlands), enough Carcassonne to last a lifetime, Galaxy Trucker, and some filler games like Codenames, Love Letter, Sushi Go, normal go, Once Upon a Time, and Hanabi. So there's lots of gaps to fill. I feel I've got enough spatial awareness kinds of games in my life, and I'm not big on auction games.

I'm interested in rpgs but don't have a group to play them with, and have no interest in miniature games, so no thanks. No tasteless titty models or lame cash cow games like Exploding Kittens please. If you need help, please PM my friend YF19pilot or ask the boardgames thread what the latest hotness for US$30 is. Or surprise me. If it's nws please say so outside the wrapping paper, thanks!

General Location
The Beautiful Isle, Taiwan. Big, perishable or delicate things may not be not such a good idea.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good will do everything in my power to give my match something special this Christmas.

If you like this Secret Santa, you may also love the Tangled Up in Books Secret Santa. Come and spread even more joy!

Safety Biscuits fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 19, 2016

WereJace
May 16, 2006

Beast Wars
Heyooo, time for all this business again! I am in!

Gift Preferences

Yes, please!
-I love PBTA Games and I love to demo and run them for my regular group! On the downside, I own almost everything I am interested in owning, with the exception of hard copies of Monster of the Week 2e, Urban Shadows and both WWWRPG and WWWRPG: International Incident. I do have PDFS of those games though. Other RPGs that would be very welcome in print include Golden Sky Stories, Ryuutama, Fiasco, Dread, Fate Accelerated, Fate Core, Reign, Part Time Gods and A Dirty World.
-I am currently playing Exalted 3e and running some CWOD and Seventh Sea, so that means I need dice (specifically d10s, and d6s), the fancier looking the better. Also something like a dice tower or dice tray would also be super rad because rolling on living room furniture means lost dice.
-Board games! I have Arkham Horror, Space Alert, Chez Geek and two versions of Love Letter. That's it. Something like Dixit or a similar creative game would be great, as would anything portable and easily played by two people. Gloom, Pandemic, King of Tokyo/New York, Epic Spell Wars of the Battle Wizards (yes I know I'm terrible) have also been well received when we've had opportunities to try them, and I would be glad to own copies.
-I. Love. Movies. The weirder the better. I own quite a few, but I haven't been buying many recent things and I have very little before the 80s. I love horror, sci-fi and fantasy quite a lot.
-Homemade things are cool and good! So is food and drink, though alcohol is a no-go.

No, thank you!
-Clothes
-CCGs, LCGs and Miniatures. We really don't play them.
-CAH or Exploding Kittens. I don't especially want them and I'm pretty sure someone's getting them for me anyway, so.
-Porn or titty miniatures.
-Anime

General Location
-The middle parts of Canada.

Solemn Vow
I had a pretty great record last year and I do not intend to tarnish that this year. I will grinch no goon, even if I have to walk my rear end to their door and hand deliver their gift. May my characters and spreadsheets be smited and my dice roll poorly if I fail in my stated goal.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Gift Preferences
I'm in a good Pathfinder game with work, but we are still starting out. While I have the basic set of Chessex dice, and a nice hand made dice bag, any inventive or odd looking designed dice is welcome, a dice tray for rolling into is neat, but dice towers are not my thing. If you find source books on the cheap, I have the Pocket Edition of the Pathfinder Core Rules, although any other books are welcome. Used books are fine even! Just as long as they don't look like they went through hell before me of course. Of note, in the campaign we are playing I'm a Witch, if that helps? I have the "Iconic Witch" reaper mini already of the Witch with a fox familiar in the APG. I am at a loss for her name right now, but I'm set for minis for the game.

As for board games, I would love something 2 player where the turns can be quick, my wife isn't into deck building games specifically, so my copy of Dominion doesn't get much use. She does love Elder Sign and Zombie dice if that is a good example. Also any games that generally have a single player variant work well. For example Castle Ravenloft I can play solo without issue which has been fun. I was looking into the Pathfinder Skull and Bones board game a while back but never tried it out.

For games, I don't have board game geek set up, but we don't have a huge collection:
Tsuro (original)
Small World ( literally never been played :( )
Dominion
Zombie dice + it's expansions
Elder Sign
Lords of Waterdeep + its expansion
Space Hulk ( Wife enjoyed this, but so much setup! )
Cards Against Humanity
Adventure Time Card Wars
D&D Castle Ravenloft
Ascension
Hero Quest
Cthulu Munchkin
Regular Show Fluxx

Stuff to Avoid
I don't post in Trad that often, but mostly in the Magic threads. I don't generally play anymore though so I would rather avoid M:tg stuff.

More Munchkin/Fluxx or similar games. I got what I need out of those games, and they don't play well in my house.

I have posted in the WH40k threads a bunch, love the setting, but can't get motivated to paint the models I already have. I also cannot find the time to continue reading Horus Heresy novels, even though I love them. Still trying to get into Prosperous Burns. Related, tabletop miniature skirmish game mostly bore me. :( I also don't have much of an audience to play them with which adds to the problem. So in the end, avoid GW.

I have most of the Paizo books in PDF already, but have found that even though my iPad is convenient, reading source books or trying to look stuff up in them just isn't that useful to me. I can google for stuff easier than trying to 'thumb' through PDFs, so please no digital books.

Lastly, food and sex toys, I specifically really do not wish to receive either, it feels odd to have to point this out in a Trad Games Secret Santa, but there it is.

General Location
The free state of New Hampshire

Solemn Vow
I've only done one of these things before, on the Penny Arcade forums, specifically around people into their pins. I ended up weakly performing paying a little over the limit via the dudes Amazon wish list, then had a dude loving deep dive my poo poo and blow me out of the water with poo poo he found out I liked. Made me want to be a better gifter, help me be the man I want to be Goony Goons!

I hope that is enough info to go on. I started to ramble quite a bit.

E: edited for clarity, moved stuff to an Avoid header to make this easier.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 20, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hey friends, year three for me, lets do it!

Gift Preferences:
Things I might totally want: Nerdy/Vintage kitsch stuff that I can decorate my house with (video game or trad game related, I love Final Fantasy, League of Legends, and Pokemon). Any fun Board games not listed in the 'have it' list (Don't Turn Your Back or Arkham Horror looked fun, but feel free to surprise here.) A nice dice bag. Cool pins or buttons to decorate my purse with. (Actually I am in dire need of a new purse.) Physical-book wise I'd be interested in the new edition of 2E Apocalypse World (which may not have a book yet, RIP) or some of the 2E White Wolf lines (Werewolf, God-Machine, Demon, Vampire, or supplements for those). Breakfast Cult looked really interesting. Urban-fantasy style games are my thing.

Things I have/Dont need: Most Card-anythings. (CAH/Loveletter/Uno etc.) Eldritch Horror+Expansions. Please no steam games or Drive-Thru RPG PDFs, I want something I can touch! Absolutely NO Dr.Who or StarWars/StarTrek. No amiibos, miniatures, or paint. I have all the Fate/Dresden/Exalted stuff I need and I don't play DnD.

General Location: Somewhere in the deep woods of North Carolina.

Solemn Vow: I take my Santa-ing very seriously and you will get something nice, on time, and you're going to like it, buster!

mistaya fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 14, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up. Only missing an email from Fans.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I've been looking forward to this ever since November started! Thanks, Leperflesh!

Gift Preferences:
I enjoy building and painting miniatures, along with (theoretically) playing the games they're intended for. I currently have various levels of Kings of War and Deadzone (Marauders/Orcs would rock). I've been looking into Infinity, Star Wars X-Wing or Armada, and some historicals including Bolt Action, Saga (or other game that gives me an excuse to collect vikings or medieval knights), and/or maybe some kind of Napoleonic game. Physical rulebooks for all of those except Deadzone would also be nice. Scenery and terrain would be welcome as well!

No Thank You
Please do not get me anime, fanservice/titty models, dongs, something that gives Games Workshop money, or any more Mantic Abyssal Dwarves(I have plenty now!).

General Location:
Suburban Maryland

Solemn Vow:
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall stay my gift from a swift delivery to my Santee!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Let's do this. Year 3 TGSS, go!

Gift Preferences: I'm a roleplayer and a collector of weird games. I've mostly been playing storygames lately, like the swine I am, but I love strange, dubiously-playable stuff from all over the crunch spectrum. Here are a few scattered thoughts:

* I have most of the big PbtA titles I'm interested in, (Monsterhearts, DW, AW 2E on its way) but have been eyeing Masks, Inverse World, and Epyllion lately; alternately, if there's some crazy gem of a super-obscure PbtA game out there, hit me.
* Seriously: old, weird garbage games. Does your FLGS have a spiral-bound local heartbreaker that's been rotting on the shelf since 1997? Hit me. First edition of World of Synnibarr? Hell yes. Do you have a copy of the Dallas RPG? Send it along!
* I've been playing a fair amount of 13th Age lately and haven't been able to find 13 True Ways locally, so that'd be great.
* I'm also really interested in Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine, if you want to spend way too much money on a stranger.
* I'm not into minis, but I love games with weird props and feelies, if only as art objects. I've got The Quiet Year and Fall of Magic, but others are welcome.
* I've also been interested in getting into Glorantha, if that's a thing you know. I've got the 2003 HeroQuest RPG and a few scattered Hero Wars books, but I'm still a little lost; I could really use some sort of newbie guide, in whatever form that might come. The Guide to Glorantha is outside this exchange's price range, even for the PDF, but I do sort of covet it.

If you find something not mentioned here and aren't sure, feel free to have the moderator contact me. I can do a full collection spreadsheet on request.

I generally prefer print products to digital ones, incidentally. That said, if something's only available in PDF, so be it, and I'm fine with PoD stuff as long as it's above "dot-matrix printed on toilet paper" quality.

Things I'm not interested in: The standard set of nerd licensed material (Star Wars, Star Trek, Marvel/DC superheroes, Dr. Who, etc.) isn't generally to my taste, and I'm not really interested in general nerd merch. I don't play miniatures games, so Warhams and the like will be wasted on me; similarly, I don't really drink, so no booze, please. Please no anime, and in general I would prefer stuff away from the pulpy/exploitation/titty-nightmare vibe that sometimes engulfs this hobby.

(That said, if you have always dreamed of sending someone a dong for a SASS exchange, I will accept a clean, factory-packaged donger. But don't feel obligated.)

General Location: Texas, God help me

Solemn Vow: Gifts will be dispatched in a timely manner, probably the weekend I get my assignment. I promise not to order from Mantic directly this year!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 17, 2016

• Locked thread