Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Welcome to the 2016 BSSSASSS!

We're going to be using Elfster this year as it's an easier way to keep track of everything, sign up using the invite link here

If you want any restrictions ie No international shipping, PM me or mention it in the thread.

Also it's hugely helpful if you use your username as well so people know you are. You can use it in lieu of your real name but bear in mind it's how it's going to be addressed, and you may not want to explain your weird name to your family.

I've set the end date for November 18th and will draw and assign names then, hopefully that works for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Ah, what the hell, I'll make an attempt

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I'll sign up for. Thanks for doing this

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Someone's getting Pops

bad ones

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just over a week to go but if nobody signs up in the next few days I may just close it early

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Where do we post our wishlists? Here in the thread? It seems like the elfster one is a bit finicky.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Either one or both (although half the fun is figuring out what people like on your own IMO)

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't post here a ton but hey secret santa's are fun. Shipping in Canada is a bitch so if we can keep it in-country I'd prefer that, but if not that's ok. I also have a mail service in NY that I can use for receipt if someone really doesn't want to send to Canada. I might knock off two birds by just mailing from the US anyway.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So is this happening? Should I write a post of the things I like?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

So is this happening? Should I write a post of the things I like?

I'm giving it to the end of the week for sign ups. As for wishlists that's up to you, I'd rather be totally surprised but it wouldn't hurt to mention a few likes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright signups are closed and you'll get an email shortly with your Santee! Thanks for signing up all

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oooh, so this is moving forward. Sweet.

I don't think I put much detail into my sign up so here it goes. I like weird nick nacks for my desk. I love Batman. I have too many DC graphic novels and only a sputtering of Marvel graphic novels. I do like X-Men (I guess) and have most of the even books for the X-Men from the 90's (sans age of apocolypse). Besides that not much Marvel stuff.
Been binging on Valiant and have most of the Bloodshot reborn stuff and Ninjak trades, as well as Harbinger.
Favourite writers: Brian K Vaughan (have all Saga, Y, Ex Machina), Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire.

That's about it.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I have my wishlist since another secret santa I'm doing required it. Whoever got me doesn't have to get ke anything off of it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Personally, I see these as an opportunity to get something I wouldn't just get myself, so go weird.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Roth posted:

I have my wishlist since another secret santa I'm doing required it. Whoever got me doesn't have to get ke anything off of it.

You get coal!

Added some stuff to my wishlist too, but it's more suggestions and doesn't need to be followed/ordered.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Retro Futurist posted:

Personally, I see these as an opportunity to get something I wouldn't just get myself, so go weird.

This, but for me.

For reference I guess I'll dump my comic book collection tracker thing here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fon56EJTJdQf4dyeUHmKF3y_ZA9YtzyvMEr7PdwJdvg/edit?usp=drive_web

I own the stuff on the comics list.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I missed the deadline due to work stuff, but I hope Someone is up for seconds and I can get in. Already signed up on elfster.

Recently I binged on Red One and would like the hard cover(s), I also wouldn't mind Hitman (Ennis) trades, as that looks cool, but singles are too expensive for me to collect at my LCBS. Or Ben Templesmith stuff. I love his work, and the stuff of 44Flood.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It won't let me without redoing the whole draw, but if anyone other latecomers show up it does allow for a second draw

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
To my Santee,

Your gift is sent. Hopefully I put down your address right but your foreign postal codes confuse me.
Anyway, a call to everyone who gets gifts to post picks here on this forum.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm apparently the first victim

Thanks a lot for the gift, RetroFuturist!

As for my own gift I'll be sending out, I should be able to do that this weekend.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Roth posted:

I'm apparently the first victim

Thanks a lot for the gift, RetroFuturist!

As for my own gift I'll be sending out, I should be able to do that this weekend.

Amazon broke it into pieces so you should get one or two more FYI :sassargh:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Oh dear

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So my santa asked what I owned/might be down to try, and this is probably a good way to sum it up:

I basically dropped out of buying anything big two when the New 52 happened, dipping back in briefly for a few issues of Howard the Duck before that got canceled due to Worlds Explode or whatever it was called. The question asked me what Vertigo/Wildstorm I had or wanted to try: I legitimately don't know anything from either company aside from hearing about Young Animal existing, and even then I'm just so sick of singles at this point that I'll probably hop on that train next year at the earliest. I tried DMZ and fell off of that/sold the trades because it wasn't going anywhere, same with Fables (although my sister has those now). My comic purchases in the past year have been 90% manga (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin is really good, and gorgeous to boot... also Sailor Moon) and the remaining 10% is Empowered, at a rate of one volume a year.

I will totally go into more detail if you want, but that seemed easier than trying to fit this into Elfstar's tiny rear end reply window.

oh! Also I have read Sandman and Transmet, those are also in my sister's collection now as opposed to mine. We live in the same city and loan poo poo back and forth. Never did Lucifer. Otherwise, anything you see here is what I kept after selling a lot of poo poo over the years when cash was tight. Presume these are, by and large, poo poo I feel I do not want to part with.

edit: Oh, someone reminded me Multiversity a) existed and b) was purchased by me. I totally forgot that loving series happened.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 24, 2016

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Just purchased my gift. The shipping is going to take 7-12 days due to it being international ship and on the cheap, so give it a few days my Canadian friend.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I think there's supposed to be another package, so I'll take a picture and post it when that arrives, but the thing I just received blew me away with how generous of a Secret Santa Retro is.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I got a package from Amazon today, so I think my gift has arrived!

Holding off on opening it until Christmas like a good goon. Or at least not cracking it open until December.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Pretty sure this is everything

And once again, thanks for everything!

Roth fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 27, 2016

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yours was pretty easy since it looks like most of your tastes are similar to mine, so it was fun. Ho ho ho

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My package may have just arrived? Got a text from the wife something from Amazon with my name on it is here and I haven't ordered anything since the crate of knives.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

My package may have just arrived? Got a text from the wife something from Amazon with my name on it is here and I haven't ordered anything since the crate of knives.

Crate of knives?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
My last job was very lovely and so bulk-buying utility knives that may have gone missing was a much better value.

My Santa spoiled me, hot drat, I've gotta give these a read! Probably gonna start with Lucifer since I've been hearing about it for, y'know, 20 years or so.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

My last job was very lovely and so bulk-buying utility knives that may have gone missing was a much better value.

My Santa spoiled me, hot drat, I've gotta give these a read! Probably gonna start with Lucifer since I've been hearing about it for, y'know, 20 years or so.

Glad you like it all! But I, uh, didn't get you the Jojo one. I don't know where that came from. :iiam:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
Oh, I bought that tonight. I threw it in to get my Santa to out themselves. TRAP SPRUNG

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

END ME SCOOB posted:

Oh, I bought that tonight. I threw it in to get my Santa to out themselves. TRAP SPRUNG

Dammit!

I nearly outed myself yesterday when you mentioned you'd got the package, but I was able to edit my post in time.

I very nearly wound up getting you a boxset of Scott Pilgrim because you didn't post a wishlist anywhere, but instead I cyberstalked searched your BSS post history which is why I asked you about what Vertigo stuff you didn't own but wanted. Soon as you mentioned that you had nothing from DC post New 52, Gotham Academy was a shoo-in.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

To be fair its the most Dio thing I can do shy of killing a dog or macking on his wife.

I'm digging this so far and I'm packing Gotham Academy for my breaks this week at work, so god willing the holiday lull will let me kick back with those.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Amazon is telling me that my gift should have arrived yesterday.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Not going to lie, I was getting a bit nervous about my gifts. I kept checking the mail every day and nothing for days on end.
So imagine my happiness when I came home from work today and saw two boxes for me. Finally, this must be it. What do I find in the two boxes?

Firstly, The Escapist which is awesome because it combines two things I love, Adventures of Kavalier and Clay, and BKV. Remarkably I have never read the Escapist though despite being a fan of those two things.
Secondly, Dr. Strange by BKV. I must admit that I don't really know much about Dr. Strange but being a fan of BKV I am sure it will be great.
Finally, the Secret Path by Tragically Hip singer Gord Downie and Jeff Lemire. This is a book I have been hoping and waiting for since I heard it was getting released. Unfortunately I don't own a record player so it's for the best I didn't get the album that can accompany this book (though it also comes with digital download so that works for me). This is a story about painful chapter in Canadian history and should be really good.

Thank you Secret Santa. You done good, I am glad I was good enough this year to deserve such awesome gifts.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Glad it showed up all at once and that you didn't have any of it! There's something else coming but uhhhh I was really slow mailing it out. So. Before Xmas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Jordan7hm posted:

Glad it showed up all at once and that you didn't have any of it! There's something else coming but uhhhh I was really slow mailing it out. So. Before Xmas.

Have you gotten yours yet?

• Locked thread