Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Benedict Cumberbatch is my mum's fave actor. I like him too, but man, is she over the moon for him, or what. He of course plays Sherlock Holmes on the BBC series Sherlock. He was also the voice of Smaug in those Hobbit films from a few years back. He's done a bunch of other films too that escape me at the moment.

His new Marvel film Doctor Strange, is out now, and I'm not going to pretend I know anything about it, because I don't read comics.

If you'd like a taste of his sketch-acting abilities, here is a bit he did on Thursday's Jimmy Fallon Experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM9Wuzj4k24

Solange recently released her third studio album A Seat at the Table, and the first single was just released today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0qrinhNnOM

Tonight's Vintage is even more aged than last week's Tracy Morgan joint from last October: Larry David with The 1975 from February 2016.

Monday night at 10/9c will be a one-hour SNL Election Special, replaying the debate sketches you watched last month, and the Larry David Bernie Sanders bits you saw on last week's Vintage and will see on tonight's Vintage. So if you just can't get enough of debate re-enactments, be sure to tune in.

Next week: Dave motherfucking Chappelle with A Tribe Called Quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Basically,

EL BROMANCE posted:

I love they've looked through the parallel universe archives and found the best episode of the 90s/00s that never happened over here.
You already know who Dave Chappelle is. A Tribe Called Quest is a classic hip/hop group that recently re-united to record their first record in 18 years, We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service, which is also their last album. From The Verge:

quote:

When A Tribe Called Quest reunited to perform on The Tonight Show last fall, the group — Q-Tip, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Jarobi White, and Phife Dawg — couldn’t know what 2016 would bring. They were pioneers returned from hip-hop’s golden age, but not prophets. They couldn’t see Donald Trump taking the White House. They couldn’t see the rise of the alt-right as a significant corner of the electorate. And no one could foresee the personal tragedy the group would face: Phife Dawg’s too-soon death from diabetes.

One year later, we have President-elect Trump and an ascendent alt-right, but we also have We got it from Here… Thank You 4 Your service, ATCQ’s first album in 18 years and also its last. It’s an album that celebrates the group’s past and looks consciously towards to future. It also honors the memory of Phife Dawg himself, who gave the record its title. But most of all, it’s a powerful protest album from start to finish, whose force is only heightened by the result of this past Election Day.

There’s a clear revolutionary thread running through the entire album, as it addresses racism, sexism, the media, police violence, and the need to resist. Trump needn’t have won the election for the album to feel essential. Living in America over the last few years has lain the country’s cultural sickness bare. But an empowered Donald Trump only makes the album’s message more potent.

SNL couldn't have booked a more appropriate host and band for this, the first show of Trump Year 1.

:sigh:

I don't know who will playing... President... Trump this week, if Baldwin will be back, or what. Ugh

Tonight's Vintage is still pretty recent, though not as fresh as the past couple eps. Jennifer Lawrence with The Lumineers, from January 19 2013.

Next week: Kristen Wiig with The xx.

pwn fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 13, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

Kristen Wiig is back for her second time hosting, after her 2013 turn. Her last film, Masterminds, a Lorne Michaels joint, came out in September to lukewarm reception. I guess she's just hosting for shits and giggles. Also Alec Baldwin will return tonight, though he's indicated that he doesn't intend to continue playing Trump much longer.

The xx are an indie pop band from England. They have songs and albums to their credit. Their new album, I See You, comes out in January; the first single was dropped last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

TONIGHT THE VINTAGE IS ANOTHER REAL CLASSIC OLD EPISODE. MATTHEW MCCONAUGHEY WITH ADELE FROM 2014 WOW MUCH VINTAGE

Wednesday at 9/8c is this year's Thanksgiving special. Next week is a repeat. SNL returns live December 3rd with B1A4 and MAMAMOO... wait, no, that's SNL Korea. SNL Trumpmerica TBA, expect it to be announced live on-air tonight.

pwn fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 19, 2016

pwn
May 27, 2004

Ack, I got the day wrong in the title. Curses!!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

If you really want to see a crappy musical guest, watch the Larry David episode.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to see my past email dick pics.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Word! Also, I want to trip to watch Dr. Strange for the first time, not the second.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
"We can't tell you who to vote for, but come the gently caress on"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
nooooooooo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Genuinely unsettling.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
That's not a lump that's your full breast.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbYcte4ZEgQ

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
what the

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

This is the koohlest thing I've ever seen.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
God I know exactly where Beck is coming from.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I like the setup for this.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Did anyone get that commercial with loving Wayne LaPierre complaining about special interests buying out government

I had to spray my TV with nitrogen to keep it from exploding from the irony

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

This sketch is VERY relevant to me

I think he looks like a drat lizard person but every other girl I know thinks he's sexy as hell

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

raditts posted:

Did anyone get that commercial with loving Wayne LaPierre complaining about special interests buying out government

I had to spray my TV with nitrogen to keep it from exploding from the irony

no just endless local politician ads

i voted over 2 weeks ago, i should get to deliver a lethal electric shock to everyone involved with making those things

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Benedict can look hot but also like the scariest alien but never at the same time and it's terrifying.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Like I accept that he's hot, but this a world that Jon Hamm exists in.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Kyle's my number one!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
He's exotic, he's like the male Shelley Duvall

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

No thanks!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
okay

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

General Dog posted:

He's exotic, he's like the male Shelley Duvall

Ok now I get it.

Ok.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Is he American or British in this sketch?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Next week, it's 2004.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I liked the backwards toilet bit just as much this time as I did the first time I saw it, when it was a plot point on a South Park episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

Heh, taint.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahaha how is Aidy not losing it

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Somebody's gonna break.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

I'm enjoying this sketch for non-comedic reasons.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Aidy Bryant is a god damned treasure for not breaking.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
the corpse doesn't corpse

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahahahaha David Ross

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.