Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
No, really. Florida could lose to South Carolina and LSU, Kentucky could beat Tennessee, and the Wildcats would go down to Atlanta. This could happen, and it would be hilarious.

ALSO:
-Texas A&M lost to Mississippi State
-TCU CRUSHED Baylor
-Ohio State injured Tommy Armstrong, Jr., and beat the husk of Nebraska within an inch of its life
-The Apple Cup looks better every week, and the rest of the Pac-12 is kind of crap
-Louisville is probably doomed
-Please, vote in the presidential election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Texas won, D'Onta Foreman for Heisman

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Nov 6, 2016

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Go Noles! I'm legit shocked they pulled that out.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU's offensive line got loving DESTROYED tonight.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I am sports sad... again.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington is cool and good even though OSU will probably jump us in the rankings

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Auburn mostly looked like poo poo but I really find it hard to complain on a day they gained control of their own destiny. (Thanks, Clanga!)

This was the exact recipe for a Jefferson-Pilot special -- 11 a.m., big home favorite against a team no one ever takes seriously even though they often should, starting QB a surprise holdout for injury leaving the backup who's suited for an entirely different offense. They won and I'm choosing not to get worked up about it. They shouldn't overlook Georgia but if the staff does their job this should be all the wake-up call they need and then everyone important can sit all they need to against an FCS team before an Iron Bowl for all the marbles. Did not think I'd be typing that six weeks ago.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I didn't get to watch the fourth quarter, but what I saw, we played really well and then got in our own way a lot to let Tech stay in the game.

Tech scored a bunch and got a lot of yards, but I'm pretty sure without looking it up that we held them below their average on both stats. The defense actually looked competent at times.

I don't know if we can win out though. W. Va. presumably doesn't suck, and TCU just beat the everloving poo poo out of Baylor in Waco, and we barely beat them at home.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

I didn't get to watch the fourth quarter, but what I saw, we played really well and then got in our own way a lot to let Tech stay in the game.

Tech scored a bunch and got a lot of yards, but I'm pretty sure without looking it up that we held them below their average on both stats. The defense actually looked competent at times.

I don't know if we can win out though. W. Va. presumably doesn't suck, and TCU just beat the everloving poo poo out of Baylor in Waco, and we barely beat them at home.

Tech spent most of the day sitting on their own balls. Defense looked competent at times and at others looked like the literal worst. Offense couldn't ever really figure out what they wanted to do.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

gently caress this dumbass season

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor 8-0 baby champ time go Washington my fav team that ive always been a fan of forever

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Tech spent most of the day sitting on their own balls. Defense looked competent at times and at others looked like the literal worst. Offense couldn't ever really figure out what they wanted to do.

I dunno man the Tech D looked pretty goddamn awful all day. That first UT drive was maybe the saddest defensive performance I've seen all year, and I've spent all year watching UT's lovely defense.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno man the Tech D looked pretty goddamn awful all day. That first UT drive was maybe the saddest defensive performance I've seen all year, and I've spent all year watching UT's lovely defense.

You didn't watch the 4th quarter. They also had a stretch during the 2nd quarter that they looked like they were doing something.

But they were otherwise terrible, yes. very very very terrible.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

CaptainYesterday posted:

No, really. Florida could lose to South Carolina and LSU, Kentucky could beat Tennessee, and the Wildcats would go down to Atlanta. This could happen, and it would be hilarious.

Would have been a much easier path had they beaten Georgia. I didn't see all of the game, but it didn't look like Kentucky could get much going on offense in the second half, and the defense was just gassed by the Georgia's game winning drive. I'm not too upset about it though, and as you said there is still a path to Atlanta. As awesome as an SEC East title would be, a bowl is pretty much guaranteed with Austin Peay still left on the schedule. Any other win at this point would just be icing on the cake. I'm not so crazy or demanding that I expect Kentucky to compete for titles every year (or ever, really), but consistent bowl games would be nice and should be achievable. Maybe a trip to one of the upper echelon non-New Year's 6 bowls every now and then. Maybe finally beat Florida for once in my lifetime (or at least that I can remember I think I might have been like a year old or something).

e: Honestly I'm just excited that Kentucky football is being talked about in a relevant way in November, that's something I don't think I've ever experienced before.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Nov 6, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

You didn't watch the 4th quarter. They also had a stretch during the 2nd quarter that they looked like they were doing something.

But they were otherwise terrible, yes. very very very terrible.

Yeah I guess we didn't do much scoring in the 4th quarter. I heard we stopped feeding Foreman at some point, which seems like a bad idea.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina won its third straight game and is now just one victory away from bowl eligibility with an FCS team still on the schedule (which, yes, could be an adventure given The Citadel last season). Jake "Should still be in high school" Bentley still appears to be an actual good quarterback and almost all our stars are freshmen or underclassmen. I'm digging the 2016 Cocks way more than I thought I would.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Swing your swords! Pirates! Ainsley and Desyre

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Penn St crushed Iowa. Good

stupid Pitt game

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

Swing your swords! Pirates! Ainsley and Desyre

You're only supposed to set your clock back an hour, not ten years

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah I guess we didn't do much scoring in the 4th quarter. I heard we stopped feeding Foreman at some point, which seems like a bad idea.

Our strategy worked. He was too tired in the 4th quarter to make yards!

(He had two drives, your freshman had one. The freshman fumbled which let us back in it, while we actually managed to stop Foreman and stuffed Swoopes on 3rd and 4th down to give ourselves one last shot)

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Georgia Tech was real bad today.

I really hope Justin Thomas and Freddie Burden are okay.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Notre Dame had six (6) offensive possessions against Navy. Two in the second half.

And for those of you who have not met Rodrigo Blankenship:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

gently caress cowbells.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Notre Dame had six (6) offensive possessions against Navy. Two in the second half.

And for those of you who have not met Rodrigo Blankenship:

he looks like he loves weezer

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
BATON ROGUE TRIP REPORT: they kissed the motherufkcing ringz

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Sash! posted:

You're only supposed to set your clock back an hour, not ten years

This was quite possibly the saddest and most disturbing event I've seen in the 12(!!!!!!) years I've been shitposting here.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
smdh that this wasn't in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIVb4cZetxk

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
also :laffo: at marshawn lynch on the injury cart, dude is an american treasure

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Pakled posted:

Georgia Tech was real bad today.

I really hope Justin Thomas and Freddie Burden are okay.

Oh CPJ you so salty!

Hokies didn't lose which is really all that matters. If its okay for Louisville to only beat Duke by 3 then I'm sure it's okay for the Hokies to as well.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv did not lose this week because they did not play this week

they'll lose next week

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I would have felt better about this loss if the mighty Northwestern Wildcats could have knocked off Wisconsin today. :argh:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
There is no hope.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Penn State is somehow really loving good and is going to finish 10-2. If only they were this good to star the year

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I 100% think any offensive player who isn't defenseless and lowers his head removes his ability to be "targeted". It invites dangerous play and shouldn't be afford the protection that defenseless players receive.

All this targeting stuff is just too much.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I can't live in a world where we lose to the will Muschamp coached gamecocks in the swamp

just letting you all know that I'll be killing myself next weekend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Michigan did some really cool stuff yesterday. Approximately 10.0 yards per play. 600+ yards on offense. Wilton Speight lookin' like a boss.

Onto Iowa.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee beat the crap out of Tennessee Tech and when up 35-0 at the end of the first half we had a 4th down inside the Tech 5 and Butch elected to kick a field goal. This decision got a chorus of boos from the crowd. Butch then was heard on camera saying "gently caress all of them". He later clarified this was directed at the Tech players and not the crowd. Sure Butch lol

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's right, gently caress that crowd. RUTS is for crybabies in general but whining about it at all in the first half is just beyond bitchiness.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I'm good with his reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
-Highly accurate and important Thoguh Playoff Projections update.

Week 1: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 2: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Stanford
Week 3: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Louisville, Stanford
Week 5: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 6 Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington
Week 7: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 8: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 9: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington
Week 10: Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, Washington

Everybody but Alabama blew somebody out, and Alabama had an extremely Alabama win.

Other teams that control their own destiny:
  • Ohio State - Win out and they're certainly in
  • Wisconsin - I'm bumping them up because I think at this point an 11-2 Wisconsin with a win over Ohio State or Michigan is in
  • Florida - I just can't see an 11-2 SEC champ Florida with a win over Alabama being left out. Of course, I also don't see that happening.

That's pretty much it. Colorado and WVU need a little bit of chaos to have a shot and Lousiville would need Clemson to Clemson in both of their next two games.

• Locked thread