Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
That was some good up-close sneaking, and a very VIDEOGAMES door jump :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sniper Party posted:

I'm hardly an expert on decapitations, I've only done one properly lethal run through the game! If I had to guess, I'd say maybe you could block bullets with Overseer faces since their masks protect them when they're alive?
Basically, yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83V0jPDGDM

Wonder if you can do this in the sequel.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
Brigmore Witches, Update 2

This one was so much easier than A Stay of Execution, it felt like I hadn't even properly sat down to record yet before I was done. One mission left!

Fish Noise posted:

That was some good up-close sneaking, and a very VIDEOGAMES door jump :allears:
I did something similar when originally playing the game and sneaking around during the return to the Hound Pits, and have been dying to cram in some sort of funny door stealth thing in this playthrough. I'm very glad an opportunity emerged, since stealthing by door will never stop being funny to me.

Xander77 posted:

Basically, yeah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83V0jPDGDM

Wonder if you can do this in the sequel.
Man, the enemies in this game really are not super smart, are they.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sniper Party posted:

Man, the enemies in this game really are not super smart, are they.
To be fair, some pistol shots will blow the head out of your hands / clip past the head and hit you.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Holy poo poo Lizzy just decapitated that witch with one stroke. :stare:

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

Brigmore Witches, Update 3

The final mission in the game! This one isn't particularly difficult, but some blinks are required. I was convinced I also needed to knock out a witch (or do a save/reload glitch to make her disappear) and had already finished editing a video where I did that when I watched a friend play the mission yesterday and realized a solution to the problematic witches. That's pretty cool.

Poil posted:

Holy poo poo Lizzy just decapitated that witch with one stroke. :stare:
She's pretty badass. I feel like the AI in general do a ton of damage to each other when they fight, though.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Really nice job to, mostly, non-blink your way through the entire game. Thanks for making all that effort. :)

Why would anyone dig a tunnel from their house to the crypt right next to it? I don't see any advantage to it at all. The smugglers might but it's inside the freaking fence so there's no benefit in stealth unless the authorities are standing at the front door looking towards the house with no one watching the gate.

If you could put your mind inside someone else body, would you pick an old person before a young one? There is quite the gap in remaining expected lifespan. She probably planned to do the same with her successor too to live forever.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Why not use the extended jump power instead of blink? Or is that not high enough to reach?

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

Poil posted:

Really nice job to, mostly, non-blink your way through the entire game. Thanks for making all that effort. :)

Why would anyone dig a tunnel from their house to the crypt right next to it? I don't see any advantage to it at all. The smugglers might but it's inside the freaking fence so there's no benefit in stealth unless the authorities are standing at the front door looking towards the house with no one watching the gate.

If you could put your mind inside someone else body, would you pick an old person before a young one? There is quite the gap in remaining expected lifespan. She probably planned to do the same with her successor too to live forever.
The tunnel thing I have no idea about, but yeah I would get the old guy if it were easier for that body to stay on the throne than the young one, since the plan would be to possess the eventual successor anyway.

And thanks! I hope the different perspective to the levels was interesting as a comparison to how people play with Blink and crap.

Xander77 posted:

Why not use the extended jump power instead of blink? Or is that not high enough to reach?
Because you automatically have Blink and it would feel wrong to spend runes unlocking new powers on a powerless run.

Oh hey can anyone make an avatar-sized version of Fish Noise's cool-as-hell stealth Corvo? I feel like I'm due for a change.
I tried with GIMP and failed to get anything except a blank picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Day is (Apparently) Saved

• Locked thread