Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
I didn't know this existed until I spotted the thread so thanks for the OP, tarlibone!

tarlibone posted:

Another thing I like about this show is every time they reveal some insane thing, like the woman in the dog's body or, just the other night, a first-person view of the body-switching process and how they're going around doing all this stuff, they still leave enough questions to make you keep watching. Hell, there's more questions. I mean, now I know that there's a contraption that swaps people's spirits into different bodies, and that's horrific enough--I mean, seeing that guy suddenly viewing the world from the mouse's POV makes these people seem extra-dangerous, and it really conveys the helplessness the victim must feel.

But now I'm more curious than ever... why are they doing this? Sure, it's great fun, and it can extend your life I guess, but they seem to have a much bigger plan in the works, and the more that's revealed about these people, their history, and their abilities, the more I'm left wondering, "Why? What is your end game?"

Body-switching for eternal life reminds me of Being John Malkovich.

Woebin posted:

I find myself liking all the characters except the main two so far, Dirk and Todd just really aren't working for me. Maybe they'll get better, or maybe Dirk'll switch bodies - that'd be a pretty obvious move actually, seeing as the Dirk Gently novels were born out of an unused Doctor Who script. Body switching doesn't seem that far removed from regenerating.

Really enjoying every appearance from the Rowdy Three, too.

It's very Douglas Adams to have a lead character (or two) constantly flabbergasted and trying to catch up with events happening around them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread