Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Just started watching this show. The first episode got me hooked, and the second almost turned me off. Then I got to the scene where Dirk broke down in front of the Blackwing dudes and now I'm hooked again. Regardless of whether the show is a hot mess or not, there is some seriously good acting going on there. I'm also really glad that the show has been doling out answers fairly steadily.

Cinnamon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Stormgale posted:

Just finished episode 3 and I didn't expect the Max lands Interpretation of Douglas Adams to suddenly make me so sad about the quirky british guy the "I'm a real detective" bit was heartwrenching

It's especially heartbreaking because immediately before he breaks down he's giddy with joy over finally having a friend.

"I am on a case! And I have friends! And we found clues!"

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

coyo7e posted:

but the real question I have is when do we get the flying sex scene

Forget that; when do they get to the flying sex scene with Sony Walkmans?

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

I think it dovetails beautifully with the entire feeling of the show. Dirk Gently's world is one that presents seemingly arbitrary things that connect to one another in surprising and nonsensical ways. And sometimes that world does things just because it can and it feels like it. It's something that keeps the viewer on their toes.

If this show were Westworld, there would be a heavy-handed metaphor about consciousness attached to the staircase, and viewers would be poring over the plexiglass at the end of it for possible reflections of things that could be used as clues to guess the plot.

• Locked thread