Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Dirk as channeled by the ghost of Rik Mayall was a bit off-putting at first but I'm rolling with it. The show is a hot mess but it's a fun hot mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Or the last chapter that is a good bit and has Marvin in it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Elite posted:

So far Dirk isn't anywhere near as bad as The Doctor for being an infallible invincible protagonist, but I think the ground work is there that if they got lazy they could use the most horrifically contrived solutions to his problems. Dirk is trying to open a locked door, well it turns out he found the key earlier. Dirk is infected with a deadly virus, luckily enough he stumbled across the antidote just yesterday. Dirk has a gun waved in his face, it jams. Things like that haven't really happened in the show, but they have established a precedent for extremely unlikely random things working out in Dirk's favour so if contrived solutions did ramp up in frequency it wouldn't really change the 'rules' of the show.

Well, that's Bart in a nutshell -- the thrown knife hits her hilt-first, she sways away from bullets without breathing hard, she escapes everything that comes at her -- until now. And they're demonstrating how horrifying that is when you're used to it and it suddenly disappears.

Both remind me a bit of Marvel's Longshot, who bends probability over his knee in his favor when his motives are pure, but still has to view the laws of physics and spacetime as at least working guidelines.

• Locked thread