Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sullat
Jan 9, 2012
I believe you mean that we should restore the provinces of Dalmatia and Moesia to the empire? The name 'Yugoslavia' is a post-war contrivance that does not reflect the true state of things.

Also, sign the pact, the German hordes may be of some use on our quest to restore the empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

sullat posted:

I believe you mean that we should restore the provinces of Dalmatia and Moesia to the empire? The name 'Yugoslavia' is a post-war contrivance that does not reflect the true state of things.

Also, sign the pact, the German hordes may be of some use on our quest to restore the empire.

Ha, I didn't even know the original names. That's pretty neat.

Also, in regards to the fact that I realized 12 midnight is a stupid time to post updates, I will be changing the vote cutoff to 9:00 PM Pacific Standard Time

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Remember folks that democrat, facho, commie votes are still ok? I think

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

AtomikKrab posted:

Remember folks that democrat, facho, commie votes are still ok? I think

Until 9 PM PST, yes. Currently standing at:

5 Democrat votes
8 communist votes
7 facist votes

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Right. Communism prevails. And for what it's worth, let's do our own faction if possible.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Don't sign the pact, since we'll be going communist soon.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

sullat posted:

Do you know who else said "Those Germanic tribesman may be of some use in maintaining our empire?"
The Roman Empire.

Do you know what happened to the Romans?
They got taken over by Germanic tribesmen.

Don't sign the pact and seize Yugoslavia.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Alright, Voting is CLOSED

As per the Popular Vote, we will be going COMMUNIST

I will begin to shift our politics to the Red end of the spectrum.

Also as per basically Unanimous vote, we'll be attacking Yugoslavia! I'll have an actual update up as soon as I play through it (So an hour or two?)

e: Because I'm a dumb, We will NOT be signing the Anti Comintern Pact

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Edit: I'm about to pass the gently caress out. I've got the game play done and the screenshots ready, so I'll get the update done when I'm free tomorrow afternoon. Cheers.

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

We need to destroy Carthage.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Sign the anti-Comintern pact

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
16 December, 1938

Gentlemen, the results are in- Italia has gone to the Reds. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, though, it does mean that we will have to put a sound ear to the political happenings back home in Roma for the next while... and make doubly sure to avoid any "purges"- The ones undergone by the USSR still fresh in my mind. Also, as agreed upon, the "Anti-Comintern Pact" that was forwarded to us by Germany has been ignored, and I haven't even bothered to send it up to Il Duce- it's not like he's the most popular leader for Italia as- is anyways.

Still, Comrade Mamora has assured us here at the military high command that no such purges will be undergone. Still, paranoia pays off every once in a while. Sleep with your pistols for a few weeks, Gentlemen.

Moving onto more important matters, the invasion of Yugoslavia- better known as Dalmatia and Moesia, Thank you General Sullat- has proceeded swimmingly, and the "country" is back under our fold.

Better yet, the Facisti government under Mussolini is seen as responsible for the invasion, so, should things backfire upon us, we have an excellent scapegoat in the deposed Duce.

Moving on, once again, Generals Messe and Soddu led the invasion, as Prasca and Badoglio are still busy attempting to keep our African Holdings under control. Their outlined plan was quite simple, but effective.

While Messe's re-fitted Armored divisions (I went back and changed the composition of the Division to Four Tank Companies supported by two mechanized companies) , backed by crack Alipinas and Infanteria who were veterans of the -admittedly short- Swiss Conflict, Soddu's divisions that were stationed on the beachhead in Yugoslavia we have held for some time now, and readied themselves to push Southeast to remove some pressure from the front line.

Then, further on into Yugoslavia itself, Messe's Mechanized divisions- comprising of Six Tank divisions, one Motorized division, and three foot Infantry divisions- pushed farther east across the plains, whilst Messe's slower infantry and Alpine troops marched across the mountains within the country.

By the 22nd of December, Soddu's force, supported by barrages of withering fire from our Grand Navy, and heavy bombing raids from our air force operating in the Balkans, managed to break free of it's defensive positions, putting the Slavic army into a fear of encirclement, which caused a large amount of men at arms to either surrender, or retreat.

In fact, by the time Messe and Soddu's forces linked up in full, having pushed halfway across the country under constant fire from Slavic troops conducting a fighting retreat- in similar fashion to the Ethiopians back in 1936- Our crack Italian troops had only taken eleven thousand casualties combined across all branches of the military, as opposed to over a hundred thousand Slavic casualties or prisoners. The conflict was not quite over yet, but the casualty rates of about 1:10 in favor of Italia were constant throughout the entire campaign.

With the fall of Belgrade, the Slavic peoples lost their will to fight, and the regency council in charge of Yugoslavia- now to be known only by it's former state names when referred to, as per the order of Comrade Leader Mamora- surrendered to to our forces, and the wayward Slavic state was reintroduced back into the Italian Union, it's people re-accepting their place within our nation without much issue.

However, obviously, this is not all that has happened- both in the Balkans, and across the globe.

Just prior to our campaign in Dalmatia and Moesia, on the day of May 6th, disaster was avoided when the German Zeppelin Hindenburg docked at it's destination in the US. There, one plucky engineer spotted a fuel leak, and, having brought it to the attention of the rest of the crew, quickly repaired it before the whole drat thing exploded, as some analysts are stating would have happened, should the leak have gone unnoticed. Dozens of lives were saved by spotting the leak, and the Hindenburg is safely back home in Germany.

Then, in early July, following what was called the "Marco Polo Bridge" incident- an incident where apparently Japanese and Chinese troops mistakenly fired upon each other, killing some and wounding others- Japanese forces began to build up on the Chinese border- clearly preparing for war with China. My question is, how prepared for war is Japan? And for that matter, how prepared is China?

(Ignore the two choices there, they have no political or military difference, and idk why they're even there)

More annoying was the British sticking their hands where they didn't belong- namely the Balkans! The nerve of the English!

However, earlier in the month the whole world was dismayed to hear of the loss of American Aviator Amelia Earhart and her Navigator Fred Noonan, over the Pacific Ocean. A true loss for all of aviation, Earhart was the first woman to make a solo flight across the Atlantic Ocean. Whilst the US Navy and Coast Guard are in fact looking for the two pilots, there is little hope of actually finding them.

And then, still almost half a year before our first Balkan Campaign, Japan and China went to war.

First impressions of the Japanese are less than brilliant. Are the Chinese so well-trained that they can withstand the Japanese juggernaut that they make themselves out to be?

Or are the Japanese just not as terrifying as they think themselves to be?

At the Same time, we must now worry about securing our northern borders with Austria. This is not because Austria is threatening our lives- that would be hilarious, actually- but rather because Germany and Austria have entered back into Anschluss- in direct violation of the Treaty of Versailles- and neither the French nor British batted an eye. Just one more frightening political development to mull over.

In any case, Germany, pressing the Sudeten issue after their Anschluss, failed to win any support from the British or French in regards to re-adding the Sudetenland to their Reich, and, though they threatened war with Czechoslovakia, at the time of this briefing, they have made no hostile border crossings en-force. Perhaps they were bluffing about their strength, or, perhaps they did not wish to be at war with the British Commonwealth and the French along with the Czechs. For now, Czechoslovakia stands firm in the face of Nazi aggression.

Meanwhile Germany and Russia, in the face of Poland seeking Baltic cooperation in an attempt to form their own political faction to rival the Comintern and the Axis, signed off on the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. Though I have no idea of the details- only the Germans and Russians probably know about that, it apparently does not look good for Poland. Oh well.

Albania, however, once our protectorate, is now back into our fold as a proper Italian state, with King Zog being unwilling to attempt to fight any conflict with us- probably wise, due to the fact that we just massacred the Slavic armies in Yugoslavia, which were much, much larger than the Albanian military.
'
Moving on from Political developments, our head scientists have been having a field day. As such, I am to brief you in on our newest military technologies as pertains to our affairs, as well as update you on our troop concentrations, formations, and supply situation.

First up, we have upgraded our early armored tanks, having taken some cues from German light tank design, in regards to the fact that the Machine guns, while excellent at defeating infantry, are ill-suited for fighting other armored vehicles. As such, our tanks have been up-gunned from a Breda light machine gun pair to a Breda 20mm Dual cannon mount- excellent for defeating other lightly armored vehicles, trucks, infantry, and if you're lucky and in a good position, the occasional low-flying airplane (though that is reaching a bit far)

This was later followed by the M11/39, our first true "Medium" tank. Armed with a low caliber cannon, it's primary role is to support infantry advances, rather than deploy on it's own. As such, when we are able to manufacture them in large numbers, we will be deploying these vehicles alongside our motorized divisions.

As well, our infantry equipment (as well as our support equipment) has been improved as well, keeping the same basic designs but improving on internals, wear and tear, reliability, and other things.

We have also developed a standard Marine doctrine and order of battle, and ten proof-of-concept divisions are being pulled together and drilled in Roma. If they pan out well, and are worth keeping as separate divisions, we will begin training more Marines for later engagements.

Also of note, though not strictly a "military" invention, is the Radio- something that we can use to keep close communication in the field. Early models were used during the great war by the British and Americans, I am told, though I do not know the amount of truth to the fact, nor do I know how useful they were.

On the aviation end of things, the Macchi C.200 "Saetta" completed it's trials with flying colors, and our aircraft production has switched over from the aging CR.52s to the new aircraft- no longer will we rely on biplanes from the last war to fuel our air wings.

And, finally, the framework for what is being called the Regina Margherita class has been laid down, and once we have free naval factories to manufacture the parts, and dry docks to assemble the parts, the first of it's class will be built and set to sail in our grand fleet.

This brings us to the end of the research briefing.

On the Formation side of things, our Alpina divisions and Infanteria divisions got a much needed overhaul in the form of extra support battalions and playing with the combat width, as can be seen in the below pictures:

Alpinas:

Infanteria:

Not only that, but our armored divisions- our Divisione Celere- was given a very badly-needed reorganization following the first Balkan campaign

The traditional horse Cavalry was stripped out in favor of four light tank companies- comprised each of about sixty tanks- as well as two motorized infantry companies for extra staying power.

Finally: Our strategic Deployments as of today

Following the Anschluss of Austria, and Germany's sudden arrival on the doorstep of Italia, the order for a line of fortresses in the Alpine region, stretching from the Swiss Alps to Hungary, was ordered constructed, and ten divisions of Alpinas under Soddu (later supplemented by ten divisions of standard infanteria) were ordered to defend the border in case of German aggression. While no such thing has happened, yet, we are prepared in the event that it does.

Meanwhile, Twenty divisions under Giovanni Messe were set aside for a possible plan of invasion into Romania, for it's precious oil reserves. If we do go ahead with the plan to conquer Romania for it's oil, the divisions are ready and willing, and a simple, yet effective, plan is in place to keep a good pacing for the invasion as a whole.

This concludes today's state of affairs.

However, I have two questions to put forth to you today, and one of them is Drastically important.

Firstly, with the rise of Communism here in Italia, Germany wants nothing to do with us, so no pact of steel between our nations shall be signed. However, this brings us to my main question:
Do we Join the Comintern, or does Italia Come first?

And, Secondly, do we [Invade Romania for it's oil] or Attack Somewhere else, OR, do we Remain Neutral?

You have until Midnight tonight in Eight Hours to Decide on both counts.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Italy first
Invade Romania

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

frankenfreak posted:

Italy first
Invade Romania

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

We should make our own way, demonstrating yet again that Italy is first in the world. And then we should add Greece back to our empire. Adventures north of the Danube have never been in our favor. After that is done, we can befriend Romania, making them a useful buffer state.

idhrendur fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Nov 14, 2016

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

idhrendur posted:

We should make our own way, demonstrating yet again that Italy is first in the world. And then we should add Greece back to our empire. Adventures north of the Danube have never been in our favor. After that is done, we can befriend Romania, making them a useful buffer state.

You disappoint me, citizen. Dacia will once again be ours.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

We must once more declare mare nostrum, starting with romanian and then the rest of the balkans, then the distastful turks, from there it will be a simple matter to roll through the middle east and north africa before launching a pincer strike against nova carthago and the southern portions of gaul.

:hist101:

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Then on to Britannia where we can take the south and build a big beautiful wall to keep out the Scots. Maybe we can even get them to pay for it?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

frankenfreak posted:

Italy first
Invade Romania

This, because then we may take Ukraine and South Russia and grab even more oil.

Something to get you psyched up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFWD4yFry1g&hd=1

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Italy first, Invade Romania

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Voting for:

• Italy First
  • Do Not Invade Romania
  • Displaying screenshots chronologically

Edit: I just realized that world tension is at 78%. Invading Romania will mean pretty much immediate war with the Allies, in all likelihood. The much more profitable route for us will be to war with Germany once WW2 starts, and remain at peace with the Allies until the Axis is mopped up. The oil in Romania is tempting, but the greater prize will be Germany and its industry.

Drone fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Nov 14, 2016

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Drone posted:

Voting for:

• Italy First
  • Do Not Invade Romania
  • Displaying screenshots chronologically

Edit: I just realized that world tension is at 78%. Invading Romania will mean pretty much immediate war with the Allies, in all likelihood. The much more profitable route for us will be to war with Germany once WW2 starts, and remain at peace with the Allies until the Axis is mopped up. The oil in Romania is tempting, but the greater prize will be Germany and its industry.

I'll try to fix the screenshots, but the way steam labels them means that when I upload them to Imgur, they're no longer chronological- it's a right pain in the rear end, tbh. If anyone has any ideas to make my life easier, that'd be awesome.

Also, drone brought up a good point in regards to world tension- Things could get very, very messy.

So, partially because of that, and partially because I'm busy at work, I'll Delay the vote cutoff until around 3:15 PM PST, when I get off work. That's in about 7 hours and 15 minutes or so. If you who have already voted want to go back and edit your post if anything in your vote changes, feel free to do so, I'll go back and tally everything at the cutoff.

I don't really mind fighting the allies, or the Axis (Romania prefers to go axis rather than allies, and since we're communist, Russia may jump on the war wagon, and the allies definitely will because gently caress logic) but my main concern is our supply situation. We've got (key word) Small reserves of tanks, support equipment, trucks, and planes- we're sitting pretty on guns at the moment, surplus of ~10,000, counting what's being used for the new divisions in training.

I'm more worried, however, about the lack of manpower- we've only got ~650,000 able troops left to recruit from the population, and I haven't started on the Regina Margherita yet, nor has the second wave of infantry divisions entered training. That being said, I'm only on limited conscription, and New World Order adds some things- women in the military/workforce, Minimum and maximum enlistment ages, and enlistment acceptance restrictions. (Strict, Loose, etc.) So in short, getting more manpower just requires some more political power at the moment- I just don't know how much I can squeeze out of Italia when I do so, so it's something to keep in mind.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Italy First

Don't Invade Romania yet, we need to bide our time for a bit. Building up the navy ought to be a priority now too.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Do we have access to the Black Sea already? If not, I'm not sure if it's any good to wait for the battleships to be built.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016

Negrostrike posted:

Do we have access to the Black Sea already? If not, I'm not sure if it's any good to wait for the battleships to be built.

No Black Sea access unless we conquer Romania or Turkey. Same goes for the Atlantic since Britain controls South Africa/ Cape of Good Hope (South Africa is part of the Commonwealth, after all) and the Strait of Gibraltar.

E: grammar

Das Panzer fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 14, 2016

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Italy First, but do not invade Romania quite yet.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
It's fascist.

Italy first, invade everyone

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Das Panzer posted:

I'll try to fix the screenshots, but the way steam labels them means that when I upload them to Imgur, they're no longer chronological- it's a right pain in the rear end, tbh. If anyone has any ideas to make my life easier, that'd be awesome.
Ask and ye shall receive.

Then you can batch upload it to LPix as well if you install the plugin~

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Then you can batch upload it to LPix as well if you install the plugin~

Also, http://www.irfanview.com/

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Cheers, guys. I'll muck about with it and start using Irfanview starting with today's update. Looked over LPix and saw that it was pretty neat, but are there any advantages to using it over Imgur? If so, I'll start transferring pics over to it instead of imgur.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ShareX is also a nice tool if taking screenshots and automatically uploading them sounds interesting to you.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Das Panzer posted:

Cheers, guys. I'll muck about with it and start using Irfanview starting with today's update. Looked over LPix and saw that it was pretty neat, but are there any advantages to using it over Imgur? If so, I'll start transferring pics over to it instead of imgur.
It's private hosting specifically for SA LPs and its what the archive uses, so you're saving Baldurk the effort I guess.

It also never shits itself unlike imgur

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

Comintern? Preposterous! Italy First!

In terms of greater strategy, I'd say we seize Romania's oil then shift down the Balkans into the former Eastern Roman Empire. If Poland's faction fires then the Allies will let them burn, but if not then they'll likely get drawn into a conflict with Germany. That works to our advantage, with the largest armies in the world being distracted by the Germanic barbarians we would be free to subjugate the Gr*eks and T*rks.

Like all good scions of Rome, we should destroy Carthage at the earliest opportunity.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
And Poll is closed

By Unanimous Vote, we'll be going ITALIA PRIMA

By Majority Vote, we'll be attacking Romania.

Update sometime tonight, whenever I get time to sit down and play through the update.

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
So all it does is take a picture of my desktop. Apparently Hearts of Iron doesn't like to work with Irfanview. I'm trying to troubleshoot right now.

Edit: Until I can figure out what's up with IRfan, I'll be using FRAPS. Less than Ideal, in my opinion, but I can save them as PNGs, so shrug. Whatever works I guess.

Das Panzer fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 15, 2016

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
12 July, 1939

Gentlemen, The New Roman Empire Rises.

At the end of our last briefing, we were in dire straits resource-wise. Oil reserves were at an all-time low, as were, frighteningly, our steel reserves. Those issues have been since taken care of, but, I will speak of that later.

More importantly, our plans for invading Romania, for it's precious oil fields, went forward. The appropriate diplomatic measures were made, and the troops were prepared.

Bulgaria, in the meantime, requests a non-aggression pact from us. We oblige them, as they have little in the way of Strategic or Tactical Value. Perhaps we can conquer part of the balkans without having to deal with managing it? (Re: They joined us when I created the faction, and I can't do jack-poo poo about it. :V)

While the appropriate measures were undertaken back in Roma, Comrade Marmora began a string of speeches on the current border situation with Romania. The world watched, yet gave no response, so we continued forwards.

Meanwhile our research into military tactics continues. Planned Defenses, not unlike their counterparts in the Great War- though, saying this, I would like to note that we have learned from the harsh lessons of the French, British, and Germans of that war- That massive, permanent trenches were a far cry from the way to wage a war. While these defensive doctrines are useful, and will be passed on to the Field Officers, we should not rely solely on these.

Whilst this all continues, our troop troubles began to fade away with a group of adjustments to our draft laws. The first of which boosting us from just under five hundred thousand back up to one million men able to be drafted. A heavily needed infusion of troops, in case of prolonged conflict.

Much better.

Moving on, we see another important advance of technology. Having encryption is excellent for our military in general. Orders are more difficult to intercept, troop formations more difficult to gauge based off radio traffic... the list goes on. In short: Us having this is an excellent piece of technology.

We also begin work expanding on our military in it's naval capacities. We need to update our aging navy to return to our old Roman Glory,

In an attempt to further weaken our Romanian enemies, Marmora changed the direction of his speech from justification of the upcoming invasion, instead focusing on garnering Communist support in Romania itself. While somewhat successful, in the end, it didn't matter too much.

Meanwhile, our basic artillery pattern has been updated, and has entered production, with a larger bore, a longer range, a more accurate shell spread, and several other improvements over former designs.

Not only this, but our factory engineering capabilities continue to advance in design as well. In the future when these new designs are complete, we'll be able to make more and more of everything. More guns, more support equipment, trucks, planes, tanks, all of it.

And then it was time for war.

And War was declared between the New Roman Empire, and the oil rich state of Romania.

Curiously, only a few days after the declaration of the war, the Soviet Union offered to send nine divisions of volunteers to aid us in our conquest. While somewhat confused, I accepted the nine volunteer divisions, as I see no harm in their aiding our battle.

Primary engagements went excellently. The Romanians fled summarily from the borders under face of withering fire from our armed forces. This was indicative of most of the campaign, as you will see later in this briefing.

The Soviets arrived soon afterwards, their convoy awaiting in Latium for standing orders. I requested them to hold a weakened salient across our front line, which they did with gusto.

The Russians arrived in short order, falling in with our rapidly advancing forces, as we marched across the Romanian country- hampered somewhat by the Romanian mountains.

Back home, looser conscription laws, dropping the minimum draft age to sixteen, from it's original state of seventeen.

Meanwhile, we re-evaluate our grand assault plans. While the age of trench warfare is long gone, the base concept, the concept of one grand, coordinated assault, is still highly sound, and I feel that it can be well-adapted to our doctrine of battle.

I also requested our military minds to look into adapting mechanized warfare- drafting some preliminary designs based off German "Halftrack" vehicle designs. Perhaps, in the future, we'll be able to combine this further.

(About this time, I got Italy First. I'd have researched it first-thing, but annoyingly, I'd already selected Armor innovations. Whoo.)

Moving forward a bit, we continue to advance in our doctrines, now focusing on our efforts on keeping our Naval Doctrine up to date with our advancing naval designs.

(About this point I noticed that "Hey, Bulgaria is magically in our faction")

Moving on, we have began work upon a further modernized medium tank design- whilst our current design is satisfactory, the new design looks quite excellent, and I'd rather enjoy having an improved design before proper production lines for the current model get set up. That way, when our current needs are fulfilled, less time will be needed replacing the older, aging tanks, with the newer models.

The campaign continued at it's same pace, with the Russian reinforcements marching along swimmingly with our own troops. The Romanians were poor fighters, as opposed to our forces.

Still, 14,000 casualties as opposed to 63,000 I will take any day of the week.

We also finished our research on a new run of standardized equipment, such as sub machine guns, anti-armor grenades, and other essential tools- these are immediately put into standard production.

Following that, we finished finalizing the designs of our up-to-date medium armor, and I have taken the liberty of changing over the production lines to producing this new version of our mainstay medium tank. The Germans don't get all the toys, after all.

And like that, the war for Romania was over. Hungary, our new allies, made some small contributions, but with most of the weight of the war on our shoulders, Romania went wholly to us. Our oil issues disappeared, just like that, leaving us with one less resource to worry over.

Our advanced machining tools finished testing, entering factory production, and before long, we were building armaments quicker, in larger numbers, and cheaper than ever before.

And then things went to poo poo. which... brings me to our current state of affairs. About a month ago, the Soviet Union declared war on Finland. Initially, this was out of the blue for us, we hadn't received any words of failure of diplomacy, after all.

And then, about one in the morning, our intelligence officers reported to me that Finland had rejected Soviet demands in regards to becoming a puppet state under the USSR. This will not end well at all.

However, not wanting to ratchet tension up any further into a war with Germany, Poland ceded the mostly German city of Danzig back to the Third Reich. Once again, I will have to have the maps redrawn to recognize this fact.

(Just thought I'd bring this up since AtomikKrab brought it up. Mare Nostrum has been declared! In HOI 4, Mare Nostrum is the first focus for naval research bonuses that speed up ship model research, and gives you a couple extra dockyards to boot. Fitting, I suppose)

Then, on the fourteenth of June, 1939, Finland shocked the world by joining the Axis. This, of course, meant one thing: Germany and Russia would go to war. And, so they did.

Of course, following this, the USSR broke the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact between the two countries, and war was officially declared between the Nazi Third Reich and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

And then, Japan, already struggling with China, who was making excellent headway against the Japanese, suicidally joined the Axis, and quickly declared war on the USSR as well.

Looking at the sheer amount of infantry divisions on both sides, one thing is deathly clear. No matter the victor in the coming conflict, it will be terrible- in all senses of the word.

Then...Sweden declared war on the USSR. They're not even in the Axis! They just, out of the blue, declared war on the Soviet Union? :wtc:

And then France LEFT THE ALLIES AND JOINED THE COMINTERN. I.. I don't even.

So yeah. SWEDEN Declared war on the ENTIRE COMINTERN. I foresee zero issues, Sweden.

Moving on to more sane matters, I finally bite the bullet and import a hundred and four tonnes of steel from the Soviet Union. While we are still short on rubber for tires, and tungsten for heavy tank shells, those deficits are small, and we can live with them for the time being.

This Concludes today's briefing. Below are a couple pictures detailing how the world maps look currently, but take these with a grain of salt since WORLD WAR TWO HAS JUST KICKED OFF

Overview of the surrounding countries

And a look northward at how the lines currently look across the border (You can still make out Germany, Poland, and the USSR down at the bottom)

So, we now have another important vote:

1- Do we intervene in WW2?
2- Do we declare war on any particular countries, big or small?
3- We need to choose two branches to focus heavily on, so that I don't keep jumping back and forth across Land, Sea, and Air. Choose Two of the three

For Number 3, Each vote will be cumulative. So a vote for Land and Sea, followed by a vote for Sea and air, will count as two votes for Sea, and one vote of Land and Air respectively.

Voting closes at 9:00 PM PST

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

1. gently caress yeah!
2. Now is our chance to kick some tedesco rear end and invade Austria and Germany. Revenge for Teutoburg!
3. Therefore, land and air.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

I cannot say whether we should intervene in this second Great War. We gain nothing be either faction winning. However, we will want to invade France in the future, and facing Russia at the same time would be unpleasant.

In the meanwhile, we should invade Greece. And we should build up our land forces and air forces.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Ignore their stupid infighting. While everyone else is distracted declare war on Great Britain and claim Egypt and the Middle East from their capitalist oppressors. Later target: Turkey. Asia Minor will be ours again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katznmaus
May 29, 2013

Xenocides posted:

Ignore their stupid infighting. While everyone else is distracted declare war on Great Britain and claim Egypt and the Middle East from their capitalist oppressors. Later target: Turkey. Asia Minor will be ours again!
This!

• Locked thread